NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teenager Chased Through London & Stabbed To Death

2 posters

Go down

Teenager Chased Through London & Stabbed To Death Empty Teenager Chased Through London & Stabbed To Death

Post by Guest Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:58 pm

30th June 2014

An 18-year-old man has been stabbed to death in north-west London after being chased by two men, police have said.

David Alexander Headlam, from Harlesden, was found with stab wounds in Drayton Road, in Harlesden, in the early hours of Sunday.

He was taken to a central London hospital but died at 03:20 BST.

Officers believe Mr Headlam was walking home from a friend's house when he was approached by two men armed with knives.

A post-mortem examination at Northwick Park Hospital, in Harrow, gave the cause of death as haemorrhaging due to stab wounds to the thigh.

Officers were called to reports of a man assaulted at 01:10 BST on Sunday.

The teenager was approached by two black men who chased him down Sellons Avenue and into Drayton Road where he was stabbed, before the pair made off in a vehicle, police said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28096522

Back to top Go down

Teenager Chased Through London & Stabbed To Death Empty Re: Teenager Chased Through London & Stabbed To Death

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:23 am

Why has this thread been moved?

Back to top Go down

Teenager Chased Through London & Stabbed To Death Empty Re: Teenager Chased Through London & Stabbed To Death

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:09 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Why has this thread been moved?

Because it belongs in UK Crime Blotter, not in UK General News.

The rule of thumb is that stories in which the only news is the crime go in Crime Blotter.

If there's another newsworthy component -- for example, that Oscar Pistorious is the one charged with committing the crime -- then you put it in General News.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:Why has this thread been moved?

Because it belongs in UK Crime Blotter, not in UK General News.

The rule of thumb is that stories in which the only news is the crime go in Crime Blotter.

If there's another newsworthy component -- for example, that Oscar Pistorious is the one charged with committing the crime -- then you put it in General News.

There is a foreign element to this story - isn't that as newsworthy as a "celebrity"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Also, why is there only a crime section for UK News?

And what does "crime blotter" mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:15 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Also, why is there only a crime section for UK News?

"Crime blotter" is a section some newspapers have where they list all the crimes reported in an area or area since their last publication; it usually is sent to the paper by police.

Mainly we have a Crime Blotter section because you and a few others were reporting so many crimes in the U.K. that it was becoming difficult to find any other stories in the U.K. news section. Having a section just for crime helps keep the site more organized and easier to navigate.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:18 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

"Crime blotter" is a section some newspapers have where they list all the crimes reported in an area or area since their last publication; it usually is sent to the paper by police.

Mainly we have a Crime Blotter section because you and a few others were reporting so many crimes in the U.K. that it was becoming difficult to find any other stories in the U.K. news section. Having a section just for crime helps keep the site more organized and easier to navigate.

Really? People were struggling? With what, the scroll button?

lol

What a pleb.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:21 pm

Nobody said they were struggling, but I do this sort of thing for a living, and I know that you have sections for news to make the news readers are looking for easier to find.

You seem to be acting like quite the drama queen over something that's not really a big deal.

Then again, you're BigAndy9, it's not surprising  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:23 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Nobody said they were struggling, but I do this sort of thing for a living, and I know that you have sections for news to make the news readers are looking for easier to find.

You seem to be acting like quite the drama queen over something that's not really a big deal.

I want the best for my forum members.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:13 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Nobody said they were struggling, but I do this sort of thing for a living, and I know that you have sections for news to make the news readers are looking for easier to find.

I want the best for my forum members.

Calm down, Peaches, that's not your worry  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:01 am

Because You spend a lot of time trying to make the UK look like a crime filled shit hole so much so that we couldn't see any interesting news articles from the UK  Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral 

I don't know why the others don't pull you up more often  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes ... If you we're an Aussie saying that shit about Australia I'd be constantly correcting you  Cool Cool Cool 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down