NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the Internet on the way out?

5 posters

Go down

Is the Internet on the way out? Empty Is the Internet on the way out?

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:50 pm

We've got hackers in Turkey, the NSA, the military, law enforcement, pop-ups, doxers, trolls, and all manner of trouble.  Then we've got extreme rudeness which, were it not for anonymity, would be tempered by social norms.

When do we reach the point where people lose interest because it's easier to avoid, than use the Internet.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Is the Internet on the way out? Empty Re: Is the Internet on the way out?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:We've got hackers in Turkey, the NSA, the military, pop-ups, doxers, trolls, and all manner of trouble.  Then we've got extreme rudeness which, were it not for anonymity, would be tempered by social norms.

When do we reach the point where people lose interest because it's easier to avoid, than use the Internet.

I suppose it depends on what other things a person has in their life. If they work or have a family or a social life. For some people though the internet is there life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:54 pm

Nems wrote:
Original Quill wrote:We've got hackers in Turkey, the NSA, the military, pop-ups, doxers, trolls, and all manner of trouble.  Then we've got extreme rudeness which, were it not for anonymity, would be tempered by social norms.

I suppose it depends on what other things a person has in their life. If they work or have a family or a social life. For some people though the internet is there life.

Yes, but that's only the other things it is distracting from. There's also the plain nuisance of the Internet. At some point people are going to say, Meh, I don't want to be bothered with all the concerns.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:55 pm

People will never lose interest in the internet imo.

It's addictive.There is certainly a freedom of speech issue that needs to be tackled.When is someone's opinion 'going too far'?

Most people now do their shopping online,so much so that the High Street is severely floundering.In twenty years time I predict there will be few shops open at all besides those that offer services the internet cannot i.e cafe's,hairdressers and newsagents.

Despite the inevitable pitfalls of the Internet its here to stay and will be prevalent in the way we live our lives,for good or ill.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:58 pm

Donno...even Internet shopping...wait til you have been robbed via your credit card. That'll stop that.

The rest of the stuff...with all the stalking, hacking and insulting, it might be a self-breaking addiction.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:Donno...even Internet shopping...wait til you have been robbed via your credit card.  That'll stop that.

The rest of the stuff...with all the stalking, hacking and insulting, it might be a self-breaking addiction.

For some people this is the only human contact they have.
The internet is a brilliant thing spoilt as is everything by people

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:05 pm

Nems wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Donno...even Internet shopping...wait til you have been robbed via your credit card.  That'll stop that.

I agree, I think. confused  Yeah ! sounds right. cheers
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:06 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:
Nems wrote:

I know what I meant lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:26 pm

It really is a case of "if you cant stand the heat"

as to havig your card robbed...simple....have an account to which you transfer just enough to cover your internet purchases, which does not allow over drafts or over drawing....keep it at £1 normally and only put money in there to cover purchases as and when you want to make em....

simples.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:32 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:It really is a case of "if you cant stand the heat"

as to havig your card robbed...simple....have an account to which you transfer just enough to cover your internet purchases, which does not allow over drafts or over drawing....keep it at £1 normally and only put money in there to cover purchases as and when you want to make em....

simples.......

Exactly, also with all the police information that different areas can access to find criminals, the NHS, companies that trade with companies abroad, all of whom have spent millions on being able to do so, not to mention commercial sport etc etc etc. The internet is here to stay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:34 pm

Nems wrote:
Stephenmarra wrote:

I know what I meant lol
 lol!
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:39 pm

Original Quill wrote:We've got hackers in Turkey, the NSA, the military, law enforcement, pop-ups, doxers, trolls, and all manner of trouble.  Then we've got extreme rudeness which, were it not for anonymity, would be tempered by social norms.

Quite soon i suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:08 pm

I think the novelty might die down but so many things are becoming computer-based led. Look at music!
First it was records, then tapes, then CDs now it's downloads and soon it'll all be stored in a microchip in your living room wall and you'll press a button and the whole wall will become a dukebox complete with lights and alphabetised tracks.....

And if it doesn't - you read it here first! I'm going to the Dragons Den with that little gem of an idea  ::rockout:: 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:14 pm

The internet is never going anywhere, the only thing changing is how we access it. Internet retail alone is a trillion-dollar industry, no way you're doing away with that; you'd have to replace it with something else. Even the hackers and virus-writers help create a gigantic computer security industry.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:23 pm

eddie wrote:I think the novelty might die down but so many things are becoming computer-based led. Look at music!
First it was records, then tapes, then CDs now it's downloads and soon it'll all be stored in a microchip in your living room wall and you'll press a button and the whole wall will become a dukebox complete with lights and alphabetised tracks.....

And if it doesn't - you read it here first! I'm going to the Dragons Den with that little gem of an idea  ::rockout:: 
i pretty much have that now added with the use of raspberry PI`s in every room connected to a central server although its restricted to a tv and entertainment centers and not a whole wall as you suggest ...but as you say just a matter of time  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:32 pm

Korban_Dallas wrote:
eddie wrote:I think the novelty might die down but so many things are becoming computer-based led. Look at music!

i pretty much have that now added with the use of raspberry PI`s in every room connected to a central server although its restricted to a tv and entertainment centers and not a whole wall as you suggest ...but as you say just a matter of time  Smile 

What one earth is a raspberry PI?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:35 pm

well they come in all sorts of flavours....

and crunchyness....

and are a devils dream for the "evil genius" Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:45 pm

Korban_Dallas wrote:

I wish I knew what you just said KD  Sad 

But I'm off to make my wall dukebox thingamajig  cheers 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:49 pm

eddie wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:

I wish I knew what you just said KD  Sad 

But I'm off to make my wall dukebox thingamajig  cheers 
sorry  Embarassed 
This is  a raspberry Pi

Is the Internet on the way out? Index11 a very small and versatile computer about the size of a packet of cigarettes i have 6 stuck on rooms walls with command strips connected to the network and entertainment centers so i can watch or play any media tv.music.movies ect or even use the internet no matter what room i am in

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:00 pm

Hmmm. I might get you round here to help me make my dukebox wall.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:01 pm

eddie wrote:Hmmm. I might get you round here to help me make my dukebox wall.

What's a dukebox? How is babby formed?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:14 pm

I think it important to realize that the overwhelming majority of internet users do not share the experiences many users of this forum have had.

They would look at that opening statement and be very confused and think the OP is off their trolley.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:18 pm

i would be happy too give you some advice cheers 
We use xbox media center (XBMC) for the interface (software running on the PI ) and its pretty stable and easy to use

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:22 pm

Korban_Dallas wrote:
i would be happy too give you some advice cheers 
We use xbox media center (XBMC) for the interface (software running on the PI ) and its pretty stable and easy to use

Oooh KD you're going way over my head now.....I can just about change a plug  :\\:[: 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down