NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 Incredible Images Of Lightning Striking Dubrovnik

2 posters

Go down

4 Incredible Images Of Lightning Striking Dubrovnik Empty 4 Incredible Images Of Lightning Striking Dubrovnik

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:32 pm

Dubrovnik was besieged by a thunderstorm earlier this month, with photographer and storm chaser Daniel Pavlinovic capturing these stunning images of the lightning striking the ocean then moving on to houses within the Croatian city.

Pavlinovic first took pictures of the fork as they approached the city, then carried on shooting as the bolts made landfall. "It was a severe thunderstorm with lightning striking houses and trees," he said.

"There was 91mm of rain and really strong winds - a chimney was destroyed and many household appliances. It was intense just watching it from where I was positioned. Anyone who loves the weather and meteorology loves storms." Fortunately, no one was reported injured by the weather.

4 Incredible Images Of Lightning Striking Dubrovnik Slide_355489_3900522_free

4 Incredible Images Of Lightning Striking Dubrovnik Slide_355489_3900520_free

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06/24/incredible-images-of-lightning-striking-dubrovnik-_n_5527914.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

::rfth::

Back to top Go down

4 Incredible Images Of Lightning Striking Dubrovnik Empty Re: 4 Incredible Images Of Lightning Striking Dubrovnik

Post by The Puzzler Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:51 pm

Beautiful. More threads like this please Didge.
The Puzzler
The Puzzler
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

4 Incredible Images Of Lightning Striking Dubrovnik Empty Re: 4 Incredible Images Of Lightning Striking Dubrovnik

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:27 pm

Gives me something to aim for lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:58 pm

sphinx wrote:Gives me something to aim for lol

It's hard, I had my camera trained on a massive, continuously active thunderhead one time and the best of my photos were very weak.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:09 pm

Absolutely brilliant photos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:15 pm

Apparently technique wise you need to be able to hold the shutter open - its called the bulb setting. That is not available on all cameras, although DSLR should all have it. You also need a tripod. We do get occasional storms here and I would certainly have a crack at it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down