NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman Wearing Muslim Dress Killed - "Could Be RACIST"

Go down

Woman Wearing Muslim Dress Killed - "Could Be RACIST" Empty Woman Wearing Muslim Dress Killed - "Could Be RACIST"

Post by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:00 am

18th June 2014

Eh?

A woman has died after being attacked in Colchester - and police say her full Muslim dress and veil may have been a factor.

The woman, who has not yet been identified, was walking on the town's Salary Brook Trail at 10.40am on Tuesday when she was violently beaten and attacked with a knife or other bladed weapon.

Paramedics tried to save her but she died at the scene from injuries to her head and body.

Essex Police have said the woman, who was in her 30s, was wearing a dark navy blue full length robe (known as an Abaya) and a patterned multi-coloured Hijab headscarf.

Detective Superintendent Tracy Hawkings said officers were keeping an open mind about the motive of the attack.

But she added: "We are conscious that the dress of the victim will have identified her as likely being a Muslim and this is one of the main lines of the investigation, but again there is no firm evidence at this time that she was targeted because of her religion."

http://news.sky.com/story/1284805/fatal-attack-victim-was-wearing-Muslim-dress

Back to top Go down

Woman Wearing Muslim Dress Killed - "Could Be RACIST" Empty Re: Woman Wearing Muslim Dress Killed - "Could Be RACIST"

Post by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:08 am

FGS What is your problem, or are you just dense. There is a section for UK Crime.

You missed out the bit that says there might be a link to the man killed in the park.

I know the area well, it's a walk that students do from the estate to the uni.

I will be most surprised if it has anything to do with her being Muslim, it's a very interracial area that has had no problems, I think it's just a case of a nutter on the loose.

Back to top Go down

Woman Wearing Muslim Dress Killed - "Could Be RACIST" Empty Re: Woman Wearing Muslim Dress Killed - "Could Be RACIST"

Post by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:15 am

Yeah, i noticed it was in the same area Sassy, i can't believe the police didn't pick up on what that poor guy was wearing - i personally noticed he was wearing blue jeans and a white T-Shirt - surely any good detective would have noticed that is the clothing of choice of white, English Christians and this should be looked at in great detail, whilst still keeping an open mind!

Please discuss.

Detective Superintendent Tracy Hawkings said officers were keeping an open mind about the motive of the attack.

But she added: "We are conscious that the dress of the victim will have identified her as likely being a Muslim and this is one of the main lines of the investigation, but again there is no firm evidence at this time that she was targeted because of her religion."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down