NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

+8
gerber
Raggamuffin
nicko
Andy
Ben Reilly
Eilzel
Cass
Irn Bru
12 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 8 Empty NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:27 am

First topic message reminder :

This is a competition being run by the Telegraph. I’ve paid the entry fee and we’re in. Team name is NEWSFIX FORUM and here is the provisional team selection but it needs to be changed before KO tomorrow so any ideas?

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 8 Image011

Link here for full list of players and their value. Can't go above £50 Million.

https://fantasyfootball.telegraph.co.uk/worldcup/select-team

Coaching staff members are;

Irn Bru – Chief Executive
Ben – Manager
Trainer - JD
Physio - Les
Media Relations – Didge (temporarily co-opted as a LW)

Now it’s up to the RWs to get their own team for a take on– if they can afford to pay for it and have the ability to even organise one that is

Team positions and player rankings will be updated daily by the Telegraph
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 8 Empty Re: NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by eddie Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:54 pm

Yes my son said the same actually.

I also didn't believe messi was only 20 something!! He looks older!!

Bring back my Zidane  Sad 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition - Page 8 Empty Re: NewsFix Forum World Cup Dream Team Competition

Post by Cass Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:56 pm

eddie wrote:Yes my son said the same actually.

I also didn't believe messi was only 20 something!! He looks older!!

Bring back my Zidane  Sad 

soerry Zizi belongs to moi......we settled this back on page 2 or 3.........pfft
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:00 am

Don't think so
And I do have French heritage so.......  :asboredas: 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:01 am

That was great final and I enjoyed every minute of it. It wasn't a football spectacle but it was engrossing watching the tactical battle and it could have gone either way. Wee Lamn was outstanding and he never put a foot wrong the whole game.
Looking at the Argentina players standing there at the end looking so sad you just couldn't help feeling sorry for them when they had put so much into the game. They had the flair players but Germany were the team that probed all night and got the breakthrough when it mattered.
I've seen teams' defeated before but I have never seen the reaction like I saw from the Argentina players at the end. Disappointed as they were the coach and the skipper should have pulled them all up off the ground, slapped a few faces and instead of standing around they should have been united and defiant and huddled together in a show of unity that every single one of them gave their all for the cause but it just wasn't their night. They could have ran round the ground and acknowledged the support their fans had given them but they didn't do any of that.
I've seen that many times and there is no shame in doing just that.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8