NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Is More Important - "Poor People" In England, Or Dying Children In Africa?

5 posters

Go down

What Is More Important - "Poor People" In England, Or Dying Children In Africa? Empty What Is More Important - "Poor People" In England, Or Dying Children In Africa?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:29 am

10th June 2014

I don't want to interfere in other threads so brought this over here.

Please discuss.

Back to top Go down

What Is More Important - "Poor People" In England, Or Dying Children In Africa? Empty Re: What Is More Important - "Poor People" In England, Or Dying Children In Africa?

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:50 am

Neither and it is not a choice between the 2

you say what is more important Pollies retirement funds, tax breaks for the top tax bracket, fixing English homelessness or fixing international poverty?

So Andy if you have to cut one which will it be?

The reality is there are countless other expenses and tax avoidance loop holes that could be looked at first....  study  But No you have give the Rich at tax cut to get rid of the immigrants to solve ALL of England's problems  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes vote Ukip  Cool 

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

What Is More Important - "Poor People" In England, Or Dying Children In Africa? Empty Re: What Is More Important - "Poor People" In England, Or Dying Children In Africa?

Post by nicko Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:56 am

Veya, do you study British politics or do you just go on what posters say here?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:12 pm

As the British Red Cross says, Every crisis is personal, they are all as important.

http://www.redcross.org.uk/About-us/Who-we-are/Every-crisis-is-personal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:13 pm

nicko wrote:Veya, do you study British politics or do you just go on what posters say here?

Now nicko - what do you mean by studying British politics - do you mean reading up, observing, listening to British people or "studying politics" at school?

I know many people who have studied and are studying politics - they are churning them out like robots - BBC Drones.

Whenever you ask them a question, or just generally speak to them, they all begin with "So..."

Look out for that one when you're speaking to an "intellectual" from now on pal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:14 pm

Sassy wrote:As the British Red Cross says, Every crisis is personal, they are all as important.

I have to say, that's a good answer Sassy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:28 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Sassy wrote:As the British Red Cross says, Every crisis is personal, they are all as important.

Careful Andy, I might be turning you lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:34 pm

Perhaps we should rely more on charity in order to help out other countries. A lot of people like to do that, either by giving money or doing some voluntary work.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:41 pm

Sassy wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Careful Andy, I might be turning you lol

No not at all - i completely agree.

But therein lies the problem - can we say that rich people have financial difficulties?

It's a personal thing isn't it?

Some on here will scoff when Mr Banker says he's down to his last million.

I know i flipping well would!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:44 pm

What about the deliberate placing of obstacles to make it more difficult for countries dependent on charity to trade themselves out of their problems?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:46 pm

sphinx wrote:What about the deliberate placing of obstacles to make it more difficult for countries dependent on charity to trade themselves out of their problems?

You mean having organisations such as the one they call the European Union?

One of the many reasons i despise such organisations sphinx!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:58 pm

To be fair it is not just giant organizations but is seen up and down the size spectrum.

It can be anything from the "helpful neighbour" who tells horror stories about electric scooters to her elderly neighbour thinking of getting one to the big powers like the EU and US making charity easy and being self sufficient hard.

Also exhibited last weekend in the attempt to tell an elderly gentleman he was not allowed to leave his care home to travel to the 70th anniversary of D day.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:52 pm

veya,your posts sometimes seem to be "against the English"you never seem to have any time for us finding fault most of the time. I may be wrong, but it comes across like that. That being said, you are nowhere as bad as "Lurker" who seems to have a Schoolboys approach to most English posters.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:55 pm

But Andy,,you and the like of Rags are always saying..'define poverty in Britain' , so now you only acknowledge poverty here because it suits you to do so by greeting about money going to Africa from here!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:00 pm

Poor as opposed to dying Andy?
What do we class as "Poor" over here?

Dying, actually means dying, in Africa.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:36 pm

Guys, I think we're not taking BA's meaning here. I imagine he's just listing the groups he hates and he can't decide which of these two goes third and which goes fourth  ::D:: 

::d&f:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:40 pm

Hundreds of billions have failed to stop children dying in Africa

Hundreds of billions could easily lift poor people in England out of poverty

The answer is simple - poor people in England can be helped

Dying African children can't be

It would be immoral to continue ignoring the living in favour of the dying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:47 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:Hundreds of billions have failed to stop children dying in Africa

Misleading claim, millions have still died, but also many millions have been saved from dying.
Thus to say fuck you to the African children is not helping the problem when we have also plenty of charities that help poor children here and funding, it is not down to you to decide who we donate to both morally and fairly.

You have no moral argument, just a racial one

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:45 pm

@nicko
I must admit I have taken greater interest since you guys started posting here.

I like teasing the English  ::D::  it is fun (and you guys should be big enough to take it) and keep in Mind, apart from Catman the first posters here were people like BA Drinky and Kaka... not exactly the best first impressions... and to be fair Catman did make it sound like you were ALL going to be as bad as them (which you are not, even andy isn't that bad  Wink )

with finding Fault, part of it is some of the arguments you guys are putting forward I heard 'adults' having when I was a little kid (under 13) and as a 31 year old now they are all dealt with and none of the fear driven scenarios have occurred. the hate and fear is just not necessary the people who said "we can deal with it, we can work through it and become stronger as a result" were right, I'm glad it was those people that won the political argument back in the 80's early 90's because we are better off now for the changes that occurred then.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:53 pm

eddie wrote:Poor as opposed to dying Andy?
What do we class as "Poor" over here?

Dying, actually means dying, in Africa.

There are different levels of poverty, Africa has it more severe and on a far bigger scale, but poverty does definitely exist here too...

Some on the right would claim that is rubbish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:12 am

Didge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:Hundreds of billions have failed to stop children dying in Africa

Misleading claim, millions have still died, but also many millions have been saved from dying.
Thus to say fuck you to the African children is not helping the problem when we have also plenty of charities that help poor children here and funding, it is not down to you to decide who we donate to both morally and fairly.

So you're saying that blacks need the help of the white man or else they will die??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:38 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

So you're saying that blacks need the help of the white man or else they will die??

You are again it seems using a racial argument, again some blacks in Africa need help from all over the world, mainly because they are still recovering from how European Colonialism fucked their countries up for many years and the last I saw this was a multicultural country made up of Black British, Whites British and British Asians as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down