NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign Mother Kills Baby - Wins Deportation Appeal Because of Right To Family Life

4 posters

Go down

Foreign Mother Kills Baby - Wins Deportation Appeal Because of Right To Family Life Empty Foreign Mother Kills Baby - Wins Deportation Appeal Because of Right To Family Life

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:44 pm

2nd June 2014

A foreign nurse who was jailed for force feeding her 10-month-old daughter to death has overturned a bid to deport her on the grounds it would breach her “family life”.

The Ghanaian woman will be allowed to stay in Britain indefinitely - in the same house as her three surviving children - after winning the controversial legal victory under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights, which protects the “right to private and family life”.

The Telegraph knows the identity of the 33 year-old but is legally barred from naming her. The immigration tribunal has granted her lifetime anonymity and she can only be identified by the initials 'GHA', even though no such restrictions were imposed during her prosecution.

Her criminal trial - the first case of its kind - heard how GHA was obsessed with the weight of her infant daughter, who can only be identified by the initial ‘D’, and force fed her by pouring liquidised food into her mouth with a milk jug.

Dominic Raab, the Conservative MP who has campaigned to reform human rights laws, said: “Many people will look at this case, a mother jailed for force-feeding her baby to death then claiming her right to family life trumps deportation, and feel it reflects the warped nature of our human rights laws today.

GHA was jailed for three years for “causing or allowing the death of a child in her care” and the length of the sentence meant she was liable for “automatic deportation” under rules which state that any foreign national jailed for 12 months or more should be removed.

Theresa May, the Home Secretary, attempted to deport GHA after she had served her sentence, but the Ghanaian lodged an appeal and won her case at the lower immigration tribunal in February.

Mrs May mounted a further appeal to overturn the decision at the Upper Tribunal Immigration and Asylum Chamber last month, but a panel chaired by Mrs Justice Andrews upheld the earlier decision, meaning GHA is allowed to stay in Britain.

GHA first came to Britain on a student visa in 2000 and was making an application for “indefinite leave to remain” at the time of D’s death.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10870187/Mother-who-force-fed-baby-to-death-wins-family-life-appeal-to-stay-in-Britain.html

Back to top Go down

Foreign Mother Kills Baby - Wins Deportation Appeal Because of Right To Family Life Empty Re: Foreign Mother Kills Baby - Wins Deportation Appeal Because of Right To Family Life

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:13 am

This is another example of what is so wrong with the law in this country.

Firstly her remaining children should be removed from her care, as she is a clear danger to them.

Then secondly she should be deported.

No more of this right to family life rubbish.

And even if this right remained, with point one being enforced properly, there would be no family life to claim a right to.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Foreign Mother Kills Baby - Wins Deportation Appeal Because of Right To Family Life Empty Re: Foreign Mother Kills Baby - Wins Deportation Appeal Because of Right To Family Life

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:08 pm

Lefties rejoice at the victory for human rights

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:14 pm

She really shouldn't be allowed to keep her other children, that is just insanity!

Is she a legal immigrant? If so, why would they deport her just because of this? I mean, she's obviously mentally unwell, right?
She is getting treatment I would imagine?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:17 pm

eddie wrote:She really shouldn't be allowed to keep her other children, that is just insanity!

Is she a legal immigrant? If so, why would they deport her just because of this? I mean, she's obviously mentally unwell, right?
She is getting treatment I would imagine?

The law states that if a foreign national is sentenced to more than 12 months they should be deported after serving their sentence.

There is evidence that foreign nationals are receiving sentences less than 12 months more than they used to just because of this.

Back to top Go down

Post by xtras Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:28 pm

the woman obviously has some issues, apparently the older sister was force fed too & needed surgery, this woman was a Nurse so knew it was dangerous.... doesn't say anything about the family being looked into when the first incident happened?

if she is a legal immigrant why should she be deported?
xtras
xtras
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:31 pm

xtras wrote:the woman obviously has some issues, apparently the older sister was force fed too & needed surgery, this woman was a Nurse  so knew it was dangerous.... doesn't say anything about the family being looked into when the first incident happened?

Read the article!

She came here on a student visa - that has ran out.

She claimed asylum... i think you get the picture - you've seen it a thousand times for gods sake... she was turned down - at that point she should be deported, by anyones standards!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:33 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
xtras wrote:the woman obviously has some issues, apparently the older sister was force fed too & needed surgery, this woman was a Nurse  so knew it was dangerous.... doesn't say anything about the family being looked into when the first incident happened?

Read the article!

She claimed asylum... i think you get the picture - you've seen it a thousand times for gods sake... she was turned down - at that point she should be deported, by anyones standards!

Then she should have her children taken away!!!!! Why the feck hasn't anyone done that??!?
And yes, she should be deported then.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by xtras Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:38 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:

Read the article!

i did read the article then i read it again when you mentioned student visa.. but i couldn't find where it mentioned that? so BigAndy is it possible you could point me in that direction please
xtras
xtras
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:39 pm

xtras wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Read the article!

i did read the article then i read it again when you mentioned student visa.. but i couldn't find where it mentioned that? so BigAndy is it possible you could point me in that direction please

No problem - very last sentence.

NOT the link!

Back to top Go down

Post by xtras Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:41 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
xtras wrote:

No problem - very last sentence.

NOT the link!

this is the very last sentence:

“It will also ensure that judges deal with Article 8 claims in the right way — making clear the right to a family life is not regarded as absolute and unqualified.”
xtras
xtras
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:21 pm

The only reason we haven't overruled this calamitous law introduced in haste by Blair is Cleggs opposition. Without a right wing govt the LibLab group will defeat any change.

The left on here give support to her and indeed Didge keeps telling us it is really in our best interest. Hmmm forgive me for having common sense because it offends every ounce of common sense in decent people.

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down