NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cancer patients...

3 posters

Go down

Cancer patients... Empty Cancer patients...

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:02 pm

Ive wondered for a wee while now about people,s opinions on cancer patients rights...
The woman next door to my MIL is terminal..

I feel really bad for this woman, and often spoke to her when I saw her, she lives with her husband and son, she had the chance of chemotherapy , as it was the only real hope left for her , her son wanted her to go ahead with it, but her husband did not...

Apparently there has been a huge row about it, as only on Friday , my MIL phoned us and told us this woman next door was telling her that she is terminal for sure and that there is now nothing that can be done,mane has gone past that stage now, it has gone I to her liver, lungs and bones too( I think she said bone marrow).

She gave in to pressure from her husband who said it would only make her worse if she had chemo...but isn't that HER choice?, she wanted the chemo as it was her only hope , but because of pressure from her selfish husband , she now faces a definite death sentence...she was extremely upset as she told my MIL, and her husband and son have seemingly really been at war, the son went crazy on his father..and quite right.

This just shouldn't happen, it's so wrong....yes, the chemo would have made her sick, but as she was offered it months back, she would quite possibly have been saved,mor at least given some more time...

She will never know now because of her selfish husband with his scare stories.

What a dirty selfish coward.

I feel terrible for this woman now, and her son is quite rightly very angry at his father.

What a sad state if affairs when someone else is deciding for you ,when you are capable yourself of making a decision either way...
Had that solely been her decision, she may not have a certain dark fate...
She has been given three months to live,,,

How sad.

Back to top Go down

Cancer patients... Empty Re: Cancer patients...

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:05 pm

Well it was her choice. She didn't have to do what her husband said.

Chemo probably wouldn't have saved her anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Well it was her choice. She didn't have to do what her husband said.

Not the pint though is it?

Her husband put the frighteners up her and told her some real horror stories about chemo...it does work for some people you know...

But she bowed to the pressure from her selfish husband and now faces a certain death sentence.

Back to top Go down

she's the only woman i have ever heard of who actually did what her husband asked...

Back to top Go down

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:she's the only woman i have ever heard of who actually did what her husband asked...

Hilarious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:21 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Well it was her choice. She didn't have to do what her husband said.

Her husband put the frighteners up her and told her some real horror stories about chemo...it does work for some people you know...

But she bowed to the pressure from her selfish husband and now faces a certain death sentence.

It was still her choice. What other alternatives did she consider?

I suspect that this story might be fictitious anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I thought that as soon as i read it , i mean how can anyone believe what he say's ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:23 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

OMG..fictitious ?

Pfft.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:24 pm

Look at the scum gathering to ruin yet another thread.

Look if you've nothing useful or constructive to add then please don't bother man.

Last edited by Joy Division on Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:28 pm

when i first read this thread i thought it was fictitious because it just stunk of 'how can i can cause an argument about chemo ' the debate has been done many times so for me you posted this for an argument .

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:39 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:when i first read this thread i thought it was fictitious because it just stunk of 'how can i can cause an argument about chemo ' the debate has been done many times  so for me you posted this for an argument .

YOU THINK???

Hmmm let's see.....perhaps another "neighbour" of JokeDerision will soon be a Muslim who has been "targeted" by anti-Muslims!!!!!

I'm sure his neighbour will soon recover from her imaginary cancer when she receives some imaginary chemo otherwise JD will have to attend her pretendy funeral in his imaginary black suit he borrows from the tooth fairy  Rolling Eyes 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:42 pm

eddie wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:when i first read this thread i thought it was fictitious because it just stunk of 'how can i can cause an argument about chemo ' the debate has been done many times  so for me you posted this for an argument .

YOU THINK???

Hmmm let's see.....perhaps another "neighbour" of JokeDerision will soon be a Muslim who has been "targeted" by anti-Muslims!!!!!

I'm sure his neighbour will soon recover from her imaginary cancer when she receives some imaginary chemo otherwise JD will have to attend her pretendy funeral in his imaginary black suit he borrows from the tooth fairy  Rolling Eyes 

yep exactly  Razz Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:47 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
eddie wrote:

YOU THINK???

yep exactly  Razz Razz 
That's exactly what your tongue will be doing when you eat green and blacks chocolate......  Razz 

I don't have any ATM  Sad 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:54 pm

eddie wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

yep exactly  Razz Razz 
That's exactly  what your tongue will be doing when you eat green and blacks chocolate......  Razz 

are you getting withdrawal symptoms... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:57 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
eddie wrote:
That's exactly  what your tongue will be doing when you eat green and blacks chocolate......  Razz 

I think I am. Yes!  Shocked 

I ate half a box of Thorntons chocs today HF.  pale 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:02 pm

eddie wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

It's your birthday so that's okay Smile

Off to sleep now edds hope you enjoyed our day xx

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
eddie wrote:

HF will fill you in lol x

Have a nice sleep Vod xxx
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:50 am

eddie wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

HF will fill you in lol x

Have a nice sleep Vod xxx

Okay edds he did tell me and i hope you are okay now xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:20 am

Funnily enough Vicar, thats exactly what I thought!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:19 pm

Why would a terminal patient be offered chemo? Chemo is a horrible treatment, which is worth the serious side effects when there is still a chance it will destroy the cancer cells, but once it has gone beyond that it is generally useless.

I know that for some cancers it is used for palliative reasons, but in other cancers it can make the symptoms worse. I know when my friends cancer spread to her liver they could no longer give her chemo as it would put too much strain on it and cause liver failure.

At the end of the day though, if it is offered as a treatment then it should be up to the patient if they want to accept

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:45 pm

eddie wrote:

YOU THINK???

How cynical, it'd be really nice if people started saying the two of you made up everything you posted here to make a point ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:29 pm

nimue wrote:Why would a terminal patient be offered chemo? Chemo is a horrible treatment, which is worth the serious side effects when there is still a chance it will destroy the cancer cells, but once it has gone beyond that it is generally useless.

I know that for some cancers it is used for palliative reasons, but in other cancers it can make the symptoms worse. I know when my friends cancer spread to her liver they could no longer give her chemo as it would put too much strain on it and cause liver failure.

At the end of the day though, if it is offered as a treatment then it should be up to the patient if they want to accept

..she wasn't at terminal stage when offered the chemo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:32 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

YOU THINK???

How cynical, it'd be really nice if people started saying the two of you made up everything you posted here to make a point ...

You know Ben...I've become used to this nonsense, some using terrible situations as a trading post for spite, hate and insults and accusations that it's made up...

There is just no debating with that kind of attitude , just further sniping.

That is why I gave up even replying to some on the matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

YOU THINK???

I wonder why they don't?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down