NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother Risks Death

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mother Risks Death Empty Mother Risks Death

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 9:17 pm

29th May 2014

A Christian mother battling deportation risks being killed if she is forced to return to her native Nigeria, campaigners have warned.

Afusat Saliu, 31, who lives in Leeds, was arrested by UK Border Agency staff on Wednesday.

She fled Africa in 2011 after her stepmother threatened her daughter with female genital mutilation (FGM).

Campaigners say border officials plan to put the mother-of-two and her children on a plane to Lagos later.

More than 120,000 people have signed a petition calling for a halt to her deportation amid fears she will be targeted by Islamic militants Boko Haram.

Anj Handa, a close friend, said: "There is a risk of forced FGM on her two children if they are made to go back to Nigeria. Afusat is a victim of that herself.

"The worry is that she could be singled out. There is a real threat that her life could be in danger if she returns," she added.

'Last resort'
Ms Saliu moved to Leeds three years ago and converted to Christianity.

It is understood she was taken into custody and detained at a holding centre in Sheffield before being moved on to a family immigration centre in Crawley, West Sussex.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27617820

Back to top Go down

Mother Risks Death Empty Re: Mother Risks Death

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 9:18 pm

The Home Office said it considered every claim for asylum on its individual merits.

A spokesman added: "We believe that those who fail to establish a genuine fear of persecution should return home voluntarily. If they do not, we will enforce their removal."

Crikey, sounds like a BNP and UKIP policy.

Oh yeah, it is. And it's been a law for years now - enforced by the Labour government and the Conservative government too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Mother Risks Death _7517510

She's looking pretty confident that she's got one over on the English, isn't she?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 29, 2014 9:27 pm

I don't know why people in these backward countries bother having children.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 29, 2014 10:16 pm

Nigeria is a big country, there are many places for them to live safely there.

Every illegal immigrant can and will come up with a shopping list of excuses why not to return to home nation when caught.

No surprise there really.

And I believe that the overwhelming majority of them are just that, excuses.

Next plane out I say.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 29, 2014 10:17 pm

Ragga???? Are you serious???

This is why I can't vote for people like UKIP.
I could not send this woman, and her children, back home to the shit of a life they will go back to.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 10:19 pm

eddie wrote:Ragga???? Are you serious???

I could not send this woman, and her children, back home to the shit of a life they will go back to.

How do you know her and her children will be going back to a bad life eddie?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 29, 2014 10:32 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:

FGM for starters Andy!!!!
That pretty much breaks my heart Andy.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 29, 2014 10:33 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 10:54 pm

eddie wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Thousands who live here go through that every year eddie.

So are there people abroad going through it?

There's absolutely nothing stopping us bringing them all here. Why aren't we doing that eddie? Why aren't charities calling for that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 29, 2014 11:01 pm

Is FGM an enforced requirement in law in Nigeria....?
Of course not.
Nigeria is a massive country with many cities and safe places to live.
FGM only happens because the parents arrange it.
And happens to many 'British' girls at their parents request/arrangement, so no more likely there than here, and not a reason for illegal immigrants to avoid being deported back to their country of origin.
You do realise that the more foreigners we have here, The more their 'ways' are also imported here...???
Making this country increasingly more like their own.
It is our 'ways' That need to be adopted more abroad, not more of them And their ways coming here.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 11:05 pm

This is ridiculous and should be halted...
I have always said, those in genuine fear of harm should have safe sanctuary here

I may be R/W in many respects but I cannot and will not countenance policies which are contrary to decency and common sense...

There are plenty of "wasters" from other nations who are NOT in any danger if we remove them....THEY are the ones who should go...NOT this woman and her children.

(ftl...where's your "exploding" smiley when i need it)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 11:08 pm

and you are being hysterical Tommy
and NOWHERE in nigeria is "safe"
and It IS more common there...much more common
It is illegal here...the fact its not enforced sufficiently is the fault of govt...not those who "suffer" from it
it is NOT illegal "over there", hence there is no protection.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 11:11 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:This is ridiculous and should be halted...
I have always said, those in genuine fear of harm should have safe sanctuary here

I may be R/W in many respects but I cannot and will not countenance policies which are contrary to decency and common sense...

There are plenty of "wasters" from other nations who are NOT in any danger if we remove them....THEY are the ones who should go...NOT this woman and her children.

(ftl...where's your "exploding" smiley when i need it)

This woman and her children are not in danger victor.

As Tommy said, it's the parents who decide.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 11:21 pm

Bullshit....

YOU tommy and the rest of the brainless, so called R/W are nothing of the sort, you are simply racist, spoilt, tight fisted mean and scrooge like robots, devoid of the capacity for either common sense or compassion.

The "progressives" like didge and co, create the situation whereby your sort of "politics" (which are not politics at all, merely expressions of your own incapacity to deal with decent reality) can thrive, and you obligingly provide them in turn with the sort of claptrap, that sends THEM into paroxysms of orgiastic fury...

You thoroughly deserve one another and the lot of you together drive me to despair....

Between the two sets of extremists you will ruin this country, one by its determination to make us a faceless identityless grey amorphous multicultural mass and the othere by its determination to create a heartless cruel and authoritarian state, where the poor, and other ethnicities are despised.

NOT ONE of you has the sense or decency to see the solution and at times BOTH sides have accused me of being the "opposite" extreme....so I guess I have actually got it right....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 11:27 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:Bullshit....

YOU tommy and the rest of the brainless, so called R/W are nothing of the sort, you are simply racist, spoilt, tight fisted mean and scrooge like robots, devoid of the capacity for either common sense or compassion.

The "progressives" like didge and co, create the situation whereby your sort of "politics" (which are not politics at all, merely expressions of your own incapacity to deal with decent reality) can thrive, and you obligingly provide them in turn with the sort of claptrap, that sends THEM into paroxysms of orgiastic fury...

You thoroughly deserve one another and the lot of you together drive me to despair....

Between the two sets of extremists you will ruin this country, one by its determination to make us a faceless identityless grey amorphous multicultural mass and the othere by its determination to create a heartless cruel and authoritarian state, where the poor, and other ethnicities are despised.

NOT ONE of you has the sense or decency to see the solution and at times BOTH sides have accused me of being the "opposite" extreme....so I guess I have actually got it right....

So you disagree? It isn't the parents who decide?

Are thousands of children being kidnapped from their families in England and taken out of the country?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 29, 2014 11:31 pm

This is exactly what happens to me vic!!!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 11:33 pm

eddie wrote:

Could you answer my question eddie?

Who is taking all the children from England abroad to be sliced?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 11:35 pm

Hardly the point is it??????

THIS woman, doesnt want it to happen to her children....

the fact that some are taken abroad by their parents is a straw man for you lot...what part of IT IS ILLEGAL do you fail to understand...the problem arises with government and a failure to put in place robust means of monitoring for it...

This is a perfect example of where the progressive feeds your lot....

we know this happens...and to whom (in general)
we should therefore be alert to those at risk being taken abroad and they should be examined BEFORE they go

they should be examined after they return, and if it has happened then the parents should be jailed for life.

HOWEVER the progressive wont for some reason countenance that ...with excuses of "offending" them, of "racial profiling" and other such leftie claptrap

then of course you idiots use it to spout your above non sense.....

bleh....as I said....no brains between the lot of you...and not much difference either....

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 29, 2014 11:40 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
eddie wrote:

I don't know Andy? I don't believe I have even read that this happens?
But then, my knowledge in this is sparse. Sorry.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 11:44 pm

eddie wrote:

eddie you and me share a sadly lacking trait.....common sense and "reason".....and the voice of reason has to shout loud to be heard over the clamor of nonsensical garbage comming from left and right alike...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 11:46 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
eddie wrote:

eddie you and me share a sadly lacking trait.....common sense and "reason".....and the voice of reason has to shout loud to be heard over the clamor of nonsensical garbage comming from left and right alike...

Maybe you should both vote Lib Dem, then you'd be heard loud and clear.

Or maybe not.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 29, 2014 11:49 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
eddie wrote:

I cannot agree with either side totally and this is where my problem lies tbh Vic.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 11:50 pm

@ BA

If you think that then I guess that displays your entirely empty skull for all to see...THEY are as much "progressives" as any, just a bit more slimey....

Last edited by victorisnotamused on Thu May 29, 2014 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 29, 2014 11:51 pm

eddie wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

I cannot agree with either side totally and this is where my problem lies tbh Vic.

try...I dissagree strongly with BOTH sides and know there is a better way......Oh and eddie...its not a "problem" ...Its a vision...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 12:00 am

Didge accuses me of "fear".....and you know what...he is right...

what he fails to understand is what it is I fear....

I dont fear the muslim
or the "black man"
or the "eastern european"

I fear no "man"

I do however fear the consequences of the progressives continued deadly assault upon our freedoms,
I fear the consequences of the progressives "do as you are told, we know best" politics
I fear THEIR kind of smothering dictatorship in the name of "progression"
I fear the consequences of their enforced false policy of multiculturalism

That those fears are realistic is shown by the existance in society of your mentally deficient supposedly R/W politics

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 30, 2014 12:03 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
eddie wrote:

try...I dissagree strongly with BOTH sides and know there is a better way......Oh and eddie...its not a "problem" ...Its a vision...

I like your thinking vic  cheers 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 12:08 am

victorisnotamused wrote:@ BA

If you think that then I guess that displays your entirely empty skull for all to see...THEY are as much "progressives" as any, just a bit more slimey....

I know they are, hence why i suggested you and eddie vote for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 30, 2014 12:10 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:@ BA

Oy! I'm not slimey!!

I don't like libdems, thought They might make a difference and guess what?
They didn't.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 12:12 am

eddie wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Oy! I'm not slimey!!

They didn't.

lmao you thought they might make a difference?!

They have - they've pushed 00,000s towards UKIP  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 30, 2014 12:15 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
eddie wrote:

Oy! I'm not slimey!!

They didn't.

They have - they've pushed 00,000s towards UKIP    cheers 

Yes!! Because I was sick of labcon and conlab!

If UKIP can be fair yet firm and not stupid, then I'll listen.

How dare toy cake me slimey Anderson!  :asboredas: 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 12:16 am

eddie wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 30, 2014 12:16 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
eddie wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Oy! I'm not slimey!!

They didn't.

Doesn't matter how many zeroes you string together, BA -- it's still nothing Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 12:17 am

Oh I see...the R/W ers...if you aint for us ...you are against us...crap

only a brain dead slug needs to invoke thinking like that...clearly what i have said is way over your head and beyond your political thinking ability

you have NO idea of just how R/W in some aspects i can be, nor have you ANY idea of the extent of my social consience. In fact...I doubt you have ever come across anyone whos politics are in anyway similar to mine....

you should spend a bit of time considering what REAL (as opposed to what it has been twisted into over the years)
national socialism implies....It is neither L/W OR R/W....(oh and spout all you want didge....nazism and TRUE national socialism are NOT the same creature, any more than stalinism and communism are the same thing)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 12:18 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Doesn't matter how many zeroes you string together, BA -- it's still nothing Smile

Oh god, it's Eddie Miliband again. Been reading up on the wrong country have you pal?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 12:20 am

victorisnotamused wrote:Oh I see...the R/W ers...if you aint for us ...you are against us...crap

only a brain dead slug needs to invoke thinking like that...clearly what i have said is way over your head and beyond your political thinking ability

you have NO idea of just how R/W in some aspects i can be, nor have you ANY idea of the extent of my social consience. In fact...I doubt you have ever come across anyone whos politics are in anyway similar to mine....

you should spend a bit of time considering what REAL (as opposed to what it has been twisted into over the years)
national socialism implies....It is neither L/W OR R/W....(oh and spout all you want didge....nazism and TRUE national socialism are NOT the same creature, any more than stalinism and communism are the same thing)

I can be sure of one thing - it won't be right wing enough for the man they call BigAndy9!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 30, 2014 12:20 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
eddie wrote:

Shocked 

Oh bollocks.
Hate it when that happens.  ::drnkpst:: 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Fri May 30, 2014 12:20 am

eddie wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Its scary Edds, but it is happening in the UK as well as kids being taken abroad. There have been a few arrests in the UK up to now I believe. This link is from the NHS, fairly reliable one would hope...

Female genital mutilation (sometimes referred to as female circumcision) refers to procedures that intentionally alter or cause injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons. The practice is illegal in the UK.

It has been estimated that over 20,000 girls under the age of 15 are at risk of female genital mutilation (FGM) in the UK each year, and that 66,000 women in the UK are living with the consequences of FGM. However, the true extent is unknown due to the 'hidden' nature of the crime.

The girls may be taken to their countries of origin so that FGM can be carried out during the summer holidays, allowing them time to 'heal' before they return to school. There are also worries that some girls may have FGM performed in the UK.

Forms of mutilation
FGM is usually carried out on young girls between infancy and age 15, most commonly before puberty starts.

The procedure is traditionally carried out by a woman with no medical training. Anaesthetics and antiseptic treatments are not generally used and the practice is usually carried out using knives, scissors, scalpels, pieces of glass or razor blades. Girls may have to be forcibly restrained.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/female-genital-mutilation/pages/introduction.aspx
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 12:21 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:Oh I see...the R/W ers...if you aint for us ...you are against us...crap

I can be sure of one thing - it won't be right wing enough for the man they call BigAndy9!

which kinda confirms what i have been saying... Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 12:23 am

A nurse found guilty of the manslaughter of a baby who died after a botched home circumcision has been struck off.

Grace Ebun Adeleye, 67, carried out the procedure on three-week-old Goodluck Caubergs, in Chadderton, Oldham, using a pair of scissors, forceps and olive oil.

The boy later died at the Royal Oldham Hospital from blood loss.

Adeleye, 67, of Sarnia Court, Salford, was found guilty of a single count of manslaughter in December last year after a trial at Manchester Crown Court.

She was jailed for 21 months, suspended for two years.

Adeleye, who also worked as a midwife, has now been barred from ever practising in the UK after a Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) hearing.

It is understood Adeleye, who said after being sentenced she would retire from the profession, did not attend the hearing in London.

Mother Risks Death Grace-10

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 30, 2014 12:23 am

harvesmom wrote:
eddie wrote:

Its scary Edds, but it is happening in the UK as well as kids being taken abroad. There have been a  few arrests in the UK up to now I believe. This link is from the NHS, fairly reliable one would hope...

Female genital mutilation (sometimes referred to as female circumcision) refers to procedures that intentionally alter or cause injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons. The practice is illegal in the UK.

It has been estimated that over 20,000 girls under the age of 15 are at risk of female genital mutilation (FGM) in the UK each year, and that 66,000 women in the UK are living with the consequences of FGM. However, the true extent is unknown due to the 'hidden' nature of the crime.

The girls may be taken to their countries of origin so that FGM can be carried out during the summer holidays, allowing them time to 'heal' before they return to school. There are also worries that some girls may have FGM performed in the UK.

Forms of mutilation
FGM is usually carried out on young girls between infancy and age 15, most commonly before puberty starts.

The procedure is traditionally carried out by a woman with no medical training. Anaesthetics and antiseptic treatments are not generally used and the practice is usually carried out using knives, scissors, scalpels, pieces of glass or razor blades. Girls may have to be forcibly restrained.

Oh my God harves!  Sad Sad 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 12:28 am

She killed a baby, didn't go to prison for it and at age 67 said she would retire from the profession, as if that is punishment enough for this true professional lady.

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Fri May 30, 2014 12:32 am

eddie wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

Its scary Edds, but it is happening in the UK as well as kids being taken abroad. There have been a  few arrests in the UK up to now I believe. This link is from the NHS, fairly reliable one would hope...

Forms of mutilation

I know Edds, its horrific. If I understand it correctly, its illegal in the UK to send girls abroad for this as long as they have a UK passport. Which is why they are sending small babies (like, weeks old) for it to be done. Its got to be stopped somehow.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 12:34 am

so who's fault is that then BA.....

The woman in the O/P

OR

the government and its useless and impotent judiciary

who fail to adequately deal with these things....

How, even by your warped politics, does what this vile woman did ,justify sending the woman in the OP back into serious danger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 30, 2014 12:36 am

Sorry victor but you are wrong.
It is the parents who enforce this vile practice on their girls, not standard practice for all.
This woman obviously doesn't want it happening to her children, and quite right too, but it will also not happen to them in Nigeria either on that basis.
It is Not an excuse to avoid deportation. As Nigeria is vast with many safe and well developed towns and cities to live in.
Plenty of Nigerians living here who willingly and gladly travel back and forth every year, so sounds pretty safe to me....
Also, you are wrong to label me as the far right nut job that Didge is constantly projecting on everyone who is against his progressive agenda.
The foundation of his (and other progressives) argument is two pronged...
First part is to create this illusion that their way is the nice, happy clappy, warm and friendly, 'peace and love and caring for all' way, glossing over all the obvious negative implications/consequences/impacts at every available opportunity, etc.
And then secondly, ensuring that this progressive agenda continues unchecked which involves the constant reaffirmation of the aforementioned illusion being the happy clappy/warm and friendly/right way at every turn etc, as well as the constant projection of the straw man, being SIXHIRB/Nazi/far right/ knuckle dragger etc, onto anyone not blinded by the leftie pc lies and spin, not sucked into believing the aforementioned happy clappy illusion of grandiose utopia, and who are actually pointing out the inconvenient truth about the obvious failings of their agenda, and who dare raise concerns over the negative impacts, and dare disagree.
This is Not about addressing legitimate concerns but purely about silencing criticism, dissent and The truth being heard.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 12:36 am

harvesmom wrote:
eddie wrote:

I know Edds, its horrific. If I understand it correctly, its illegal in the UK to send girls abroad for this as long as they have a UK passport. Which is why they are sending small babies (like, weeks old) for it to be done.  Its got to be stopped somehow.

make it policy and well known , that ALL children of "at risk" groups WILL be examined...before leaving and when they return, and if any such has been done the parents/carers WILL face life in jail..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 12:44 am

victorisnotamused wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

I know Edds, its horrific. If I understand it correctly, its illegal in the UK to send girls abroad for this as long as they have a UK passport. Which is why they are sending small babies (like, weeks old) for it to be done.  Its got to be stopped somehow.

make it policy and well known , that ALL children of "at risk" groups WILL be examined...before leaving and when they return, and if any such has been done the parents/carers WILL face life in jail..

Christians?

muslims?

Or, do you mean blacks?

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Fri May 30, 2014 12:46 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Christians?

muslims?

Or, do you mean blacks?

Its a fair point BA, you couldnt do it.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 12:50 am

harvesmom wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Christians?

muslims?

Or, do you mean blacks?

Its a fair point BA, you couldnt do it.

I know - just look at didge's reaction to the Trojan Horse assault on English schools.

The English reaction - stop this namby pamby appeasement to muslims and sort them out.

Didge - stop all religion in schools.

Instead of sorting out the problem he's tip toeing around it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 9:40 am

Has this woman and her daughters been sent back home ?

If not i think she should be allowed to stay for the safety of her children .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next