NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halal: not about food but fear of difference

+5
veya_victaous
gerber
Stephenmarra
Fred
Lone Wolf
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Halal: not about food but fear of difference - Page 2 Empty Halal: not about food but fear of difference

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2014 5:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

David Cameron went to Nando's last week. His startled fellow diners in Bristol's Park Street branch reported that he feasted on half a chicken with regular fries and coleslaw, accompanied with a glass of red wine. We don't know whether the chicken was halal or not, although on its website Nando's states that 34 of its 314 restaurants in the UK currently serve halal-only meat, so it is certainly possible.

Let's assume for the moment that the prime minister's peri-peri chicken was indeed halal. Here was a man who, some weeks previously, had declared that we should be "more confident about our status as a Christian country" eating meat that had been slaughtered according to Islamic guidelines ("Halal" is Arabic for "permissible").

This would have meant that the animal in question was pre-stunned, then slit across the throat to be drained of blood. A Muslim prayer would have been recited as the animal died.

Does it matter? Yes. But not for the reasons you might think.

The recent debate about the provenance of our meat in supermarkets and restaurant chains has resulted in the generation of an enormous amount of air hotter than Cameron's peri-peri sauce. Opponents to the introduction of unlabelled halal meat on our pizzas or in our chicken buckets have three main points of contention

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/11/halal-meat-nandos-pizza-express-Islam

Back to top Go down

Halal: not about food but fear of difference - Page 2 Empty Re: Halal: not about food but fear of difference

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 9:33 am

Irn Bru wrote:I suppose it's important to them for the same reason that it's important to you.

So the prayer thing is just a ruse and you don't care about the animal itself or what kind of life it had before it was butchered for you to enjoy.
Never mind. God has given it the thumbs up so just tuck in - after prayers of course.

i never said that don't put words into my mouth .
i care very much how the animals are slaughtered the quicker and painless the better . as for prayer, no prayer should be performed that way every religion can say their own prayer .

Back to top Go down

Halal: not about food but fear of difference - Page 2 Empty Re: Halal: not about food but fear of difference

Post by Irn Bru Tue May 13, 2014 9:38 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:I suppose it's important to them for the same reason that it's important to you.

So the prayer thing is just a ruse and you don't care about the animal itself or what kind of life it had before it was butchered for you to enjoy.
Never mind. God has given it the thumbs up so just tuck in - after prayers of course.

i never said that don't put words into my mouth .
i care very much how the animals are slaughtered the quicker and painless the better . as for prayer, no prayer should be performed that way every religion can say their own prayer .

VOD, you have every right to follow your faith because there is absolutely nothing wrong with that but this prayer thing and which prayer it is that is said over an animal to be devoured is just a load of nonsense. Not to you of course and I accept that.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 11:30 am

nonsense to those who don't have a faith , but why should i have to accept meat prayed over to a false god .

Do you think Muslims would eat meat prayed over to Jesus Christ the only begotten son of God ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 1:04 pm

I dunno VOD, trying inviting one to dinner and find out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 1:30 pm

sassy i wouldn't deceive them but maybe your pal sm would know

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 1:32 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:sassy i wouldn't deceive them but maybe your pal sm would know

How would inviting someone to dinner deceive them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 1:38 pm

i wouldn't want invite a muslim to dinner and offer them beef prayed over in the name of Jesus without telling them first

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 1:43 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:i wouldn't want invite a muslim to dinner and offer them beef prayed over in the name of Jesus without telling them first

Wouldn't they know you are a Christian, and can hear the prayer you say before you eat? How is that deceit?

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Tue May 13, 2014 4:22 pm

oh so now its about prayers ffs!

You can never NEVER satisfy some people Evil or Very Mad  Twisted Evil 
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 4:42 pm

its about the cruelty of the way the animals are killed and the prayers an added insult , why should non Muslims have to eat meat prayed over to a false god ?

would Muslims eat meat prayed over in the name of Jesus Christ the only begotten son of god  Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 4:45 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:its about the cruelty of the way the animals are killed and the prayers an added insult , why should non Muslims have to eat meat prayed over to a false god ?

would Muslims eat meat prayed over in the name of Jesus Christ the only begotten son of god  Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad 

The animals are killed exactly the same way 'ours' are, and the Food Standards Authority confirms it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 5:07 pm

Sassy wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:its about the cruelty of the way the animals are killed and the prayers an added insult , why should non Muslims have to eat meat prayed over to a false god ?

The animals are killed exactly the same way 'ours' are, and the Food Standards Authority confirms it.

wrong they are killed differently so they suffer in pain sassy and the prayer an added insult from the pit of hell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 5:08 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Sassy wrote:

wrong they are killed differently so they suffer in pain sassy and the prayer an added insult from the pit of hell

No, you are wrong, for over 10 years 90% of halal meat has been pre-stunned. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried, Bigotry, thy name is VOD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 8:17 pm

Sassy wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

No, you are wrong, for over 10 years 90% of halal meat has been pre-stunned.   You couldn't be more wrong if you tried,   Bigotry, thy name is VOD.

your like didge you keep going on and on and on and on Nems is right about you , you just imagine you know everything and you know jack shit really  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Sassy wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

Indeed but Christians don't have a special prayer up in the process like Muslims do .

A prayer is a prayer.

To you, yes.

But to a Christian, they want meat that hasn't been prayed over by a different religion, as do Muslims and both religions have their rights to what they want.

Can't you see that?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 8:31 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

A prayer is a prayer.

To you, yes.

But to a Christian, they want meat that hasn't been prayed over by a different religion, as do Muslims and both religions have their rights to what they want.

Can't you see that?

You speak for all Christians or just some, because for centuries many Christians have never had an issue with it, why so now, or is the argument more to do with a growing dislike for Muslims?
Yes people have rights, but why is it a problem now, when it never was before?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 8:34 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

To you, yes.

Can't you see that?

You speak for all Christians or just some, because for centuries many Christians have never had an issue with it, why so now, or is the argument more to do with a growing dislike for Muslims?

are you speaking for all christians claiming they don't mind ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Didge wrote:

are you speaking for all christians claiming they don't mind ?

Never claimed to speak for all Christians, because I do not know, but I do know history where it was never a problem vocally was it and you do not speak for all Christians either, I do happen to know a few Christians mind, being as my family are. You are going off what you believe more than anything

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 13, 2014 8:44 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

To you, yes.

Can't you see that?

You'd have to ask a Christian - I'm not religious and couldn't care less what prayer is said to whom over my chicken kebab.

But if a person of one religion doesn't want the prayer of another religion said over their food, why is that so hard for people to understand?
I can understand it and I'm not religious!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 8:45 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

You'd have to ask a Christian - I'm not religious and couldn't care less what prayer is said to whom over my chicken kebab.

But if a person of one religion doesn't want the prayer of another religion said over their food, why is that so hard for people to understand?

I come from a Catholic family and know many Christians and have no problem if people want choice, my point is why now do they want choice when it was never an issue before over choice?

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Tue May 13, 2014 8:49 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

A prayer is a prayer.

To you, yes.

Can't you see that?

No Muslims wouldnt have a problem.

I dont remember such uproar at horse meat

Isnt that strange.........
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 13, 2014 8:51 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
eddie wrote:

To you, yes.

Can't you see that?

No Muslims wouldnt have a problem.

I dont remember such uproar at horse meat

Isnt that strange.........

Ooh I think it's outrageous about the horse meat and tbf I think there was a huge uproar at the time.

::dedhrs:: 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 9:14 pm

yes there was an uproar about the horse meat ,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 9:26 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Sassy wrote:

No, you are wrong, for over 10 years 90% of halal meat has been pre-stunned.   You couldn't be more wrong if you tried,   Bigotry, thy name is VOD.

your like didge you keep going on and on and on and on Nems is right about you , you just imagine you know everything and you know jack shit really  Laughing 

Because those are the facts from the Food Standard Authority, and funnily enough, from VIVA back in 2003 : Over 90 per cent of animals slaughtered for halal meat in the UK are already stunned before slaughter, demonstrating widespread acceptance of the practice within the Muslim community. http://user24933.vs.easily.co.uk/campaigns/ritual_slaughter/index.htm

VIVA are the Vegetarians International association.

So don't deny 90% are prestunned, because they have been for over 10 years, and that's undeniable FACT.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 13, 2014 11:57 pm

Most Muslims would definitely not care if it was blessed in the name of Jesus as long as it is still Halal. Adding Jesus doesn't stop it being Halal.

AND it is the SAME god, just a different head prophet Rolling Eyes 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 12:35 am

veya_victaous wrote:Most Muslims would definitely not care if it was blessed in the name of Jesus as long as it is still Halal. Adding Jesus doesn't stop it being Halal.

AND it is the SAME god, just a different head prophet Rolling Eyes 

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2