NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lord Dear proposes new amendment to equal marriage bill concerning ‘traditional marriage’

2 posters

Go down

Lord Dear proposes new amendment to equal marriage bill concerning ‘traditional marriage’ Empty Lord Dear proposes new amendment to equal marriage bill concerning ‘traditional marriage’

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:53 pm

Lord Dear proposes new amendment to equal marriage bill concerning ‘traditional marriage’ Lord-Dear

No

Equal marriage critic Lord Dear is proposing a new amendment to the Marriage (Same Sex Couples Bill), protecting those who believe marriage is “the union of one man and one woman for life to the exclusion of all others.”
The former Chief Constable of West Midlands Police had tabled a ‘fatal’ amendment to deny the bill its second reading, but this was defeated last Tuesday with the Lords voting 390 votes to 148 in favour of the bill.
His new amendment states:-
“Protecting belief in traditional marriage
Any person, in exercising functions under or in consequence of this Act shall have regard to the following —
(a)   that prior to the coming into force of this Act, marriage was the union of one man and one woman for life to the exclusion of all others (“traditional marriage”);
(b)   that belief in traditional marriage is a belief worthy of respect in a democratic society;
(c)   that no person should suffer any detriment because of their belief in traditional marriage.”
The bill comes back in committee the week commencing 17 June. It will have its report stage on 8 July and third reading on 15 July.
Writing exclusively for PinkNews.co.uk, Conservative peer and former health secretary, Lord Jenkin of Roding, said it was “unlikely” that opponents would seek to derail the bill in the wake of last Tuesday’s overwhelming Lords majority “with endless repetitive speeches”.
However, gay Labour peer Lord Alli struck a more cautious tone and urged for people to continue to lobby peers in support of marriage equality.
Writing exclusively for PinkNews.co.uk he stressed: “Please write to those who voted for the bill to thank them. Say how much this legislation means to you. And urge them to be there for the crucial votes that are still to come.”

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/06/12/lord-dear-proposes-new-amendment-to-equal-marriage-bill-concerning-traditional-marriage/

........Stupid old fossil!

'Am I understanding “Lord” Dear correctly? Is he proposing an amendment that would ban divorce, and make adultery a criminal offence?
After all, if marriage is “the union of one man and one woman for life to the exclusion of all others”, then surely, adultery and divorce should be illegal. By his “logic”.
I still don’t understand why no marriage equality proponents have suggested this type of law. Point out the hypocritical contradictions of the arguments anti-equality activists always bring up'

I love that comment by a Pink News reader!....The man is a dinosaur and they became extinct as he will soon along with his outdated and bigoted views!

Back to top Go down

Lord Dear proposes new amendment to equal marriage bill concerning ‘traditional marriage’ Empty Re: Lord Dear proposes new amendment to equal marriage bill concerning ‘traditional marriage’

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:25 pm

Hmmm ... it sounds like a rather useless amendment to me, something that is supposed to "protect belief." Now, I don't know that much about the U.K., but they're not trying to legislate your beliefs, are they? Suspect
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Lord Dear proposes new amendment to equal marriage bill concerning ‘traditional marriage’ Empty Re: Lord Dear proposes new amendment to equal marriage bill concerning ‘traditional marriage’

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:37 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Hmmm ... it sounds like a rather useless amendment to me, something that is supposed to "protect belief." Now, I don't know that much about the U.K., but they're not trying to legislate your beliefs, are they? Suspect
Well the legislation to allow gay marriage has been passed in the elected chamber by a massive majority...And then the Lords (unelected) agreed by another massive majority!

What is really embarrassing for the UK is that religious countries like Argentina and Spain have already ratified the legislation...And of course there are several states in the US that have gay marriage!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:48 pm

My partner speaks with an internet forum friend from the US!.....He just moved to New York because it's a very liberal state!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:49 am

I take offense at the whole tradional marriage thing being used by christians.

The First book Written by Western Culture (The Illiad by Homer) is about a King waging war to recover his Wife written about 1000 years before Christ is even supposed to have lived Hundreds of Years Before Moses.
So Tradional Marriage Clearly Says Women are property and we have no choice but to try very hard to kill any other man who sleeps with her. and has absolutely nothing to do with Christ or the one God.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:43 am

veya_victaous wrote:I take offense at the whole tradional marriage thing being used by christians.

The First book Written by Western Culture (The Illiad by Homer) is about a King waging war to recover his Wife written about 1000 years before Christ is even supposed to have lived Hundreds of Years Before Moses.
So Tradional Marriage Clearly Says Women are property and we have no choice but to try very hard to kill any other man who sleeps with her. and has absolutely nothing to do with Christ or the one God.
At least you can say that here!...On certain other sites that i post on you aren't allowed to say anything against Christianity at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:03 am

Well, you needn't worry about that here. I can even say, you know why the girls liked Jesus so much? Because he was hung like this:

Lord Dear proposes new amendment to equal marriage bill concerning ‘traditional marriage’ Jesus-cross-crucifixion01

And get away with it too, because I made this site and you don't get to tell me what to do!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:41 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Well, you needn't worry about that here. I can even say, you know why the girls liked Jesus so much? Because he was hung like this:

Lord Dear proposes new amendment to equal marriage bill concerning ‘traditional marriage’ Jesus-cross-crucifixion01

And get away with it too, because I made this site and you don't get to tell me what to do!

Laughing There was a Christian moderator on another site that i go on who is the girlfriend of the owner she doesn't mod there anymore because she kept on locking threads and deleting posts and people started to leave but anything detrimental to Christianity is still a no no!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:53 pm

I think it was Richard Dawkins who said that everything should be subjected to scrutiny, and that religion shouldn't be considered specially exempt. I can't conceive of a topic that would be taboo on NewsFix.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:01 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I think it was Richard Dawkins who said that everything should be subjected to scrutiny, and that religion shouldn't be considered specially exempt. I can't conceive of a topic that would be taboo on NewsFix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:02 pm

I mean...On another spin off site this woman complains to Forumotion whenever anything that is detrimental to Christianity is posted and they have decided to hide parts of the board.

...There is another site that i used to go on but resigned from because it's full of racists and homophobes that condone far right terror...They even were making excuses for the Norway bomber Breivik and that is still going.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down