NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarah Palin: 'If I were in charge ... waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists'

5 posters

Go down

Sarah Palin: 'If I were in charge ... waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists' Empty Sarah Palin: 'If I were in charge ... waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists'

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:25 am

Sarah Palin: 'If I were in charge ... waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists' 0

Sarah Palin would like all terrorists to know that if she were in charge, waterboarding is how the United States would baptize them.

At least that's what the former Alaskan governor and ex-vice presidential nominee told thousands of attendees this weekend at the National Rifle Association's annual convention in Indianapolis.

"If I were in charge," Palin said Saturday during a Stand And Fight rally at Lucas Oil Stadium, "[our enemies] would know that waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists."

Palin mocked what she called the Obama administration's coddling of suspected terrorists.

"Enemies, who would utterly annihilate America, they who'd obviously have information on plots, to carry out jihad," Palin said. "Oh, but you can't offend them, can't make them feel uncomfortable, not even a smidgen." The White House, she said, has failed to put "the fear of God in our enemies."

The conservative firebrand also warned the pro-gun lobby that they — "intolerant, antifreedom leftist liberals" and "clownish, 'Kumbaya'-humming, fairytale-inhaling" Democrats — are seeking to "strip away our Second Amendment rights."

http://news.yahoo.com/palin-waterboarding-nra-speech-205827272.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Sarah Palin: 'If I were in charge ... waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists' Empty Re: Sarah Palin: 'If I were in charge ... waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists'

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:28 am

She must be clinically insane!

Back to top Go down

Sarah Palin: 'If I were in charge ... waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists' Empty Re: Sarah Palin: 'If I were in charge ... waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists'

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:29 am

Sassy wrote:She must be clinically insane!

Insane, wrong, stupid, hateful and famous. Talk about a witch's brew Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:36 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

The thought of her in charge of a pencil is scarey, never mind a country!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:52 am

She is as sane as me. Maybe the other way round lol

What is wrong with her comments................... terrorists are evil.

Couldn't open the vid btw if it makes a difference.

Waterboarding is a Guantanamo Bay pastime.................. All for it.

Bout time the terrorists knew who was in charge and the results of their efforts will be this instead of a slap on the wrist and a hot slice of toast for tea,.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:29 am

gerber wrote:She is as sane as me.  Maybe the other way round  lol

What is wrong with her comments...................  terrorists are evil.

Waterboarding is a Guantanamo Bay pastime..................  All for it.

Bout time the terrorists knew who was in charge and the results of their efforts will be this instead of a slap on the wrist and a hot slice of toast for tea,.

Torture is sick and inhumane -- you can't do that to another human being and call yourself a good person, no matter what they did. In the case of Gitmo, the vast majority of them did nothing, but they didn't even get a trial before we broke our own law and subjected prisoners to cruel and unusual punishment.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:30 am

that would be fine if most of the terrorist didn't turn to terrorism in repose to injustices inflicted on them and their families. If you are gonna water board terrorist you need to water board International CEOs too. how about the 'pilots' of unmanned bombers than cause collateral damage a.k.a. someone's family being blown to a bloody mist and strewn body parts.
We have this problem because our military forces and corporations have been so Dishonourable and poor with their treatment of others, you think treating our prisoners worse will improve the situation rather than just justify all the hate speech from the extremists.   Suspect
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:55 am

It's great she found a way of solving such a complex problem with a single sentence. I don't know why serious geo-political strategists don't take more notice of her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:35 am

The problem with torture is you are likely to get any answer you want if it just makes the pain stop- so not entirely helpful.

Terrorists are evil? I agree some are, but some are just brainwashed desperadoes who actually believe they are right (religion is shit for that).

However, not only is Sarah Palin showing brutal, base populism, playing to an equally base, brutal fan base she has BUT don't you think using the word 'baptism' rather perverts the message of the Christian faith- Far Right Wing wackos know no bounds when comes to thick irony it seems. I'm sure Jesus would have loved the idea of baptism by torture  Rolling Eyes 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:46 pm

I like her!

My god - get a white man who has touched a woman up and you'd have them hanging from hooks and slicing them open.

And all she wants to do is hurt some guys who are trying to end our kids' lives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:26 pm

Give that woman a fucking medal

She has more balls than Obama

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:06 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:Give that woman a fucking medal

She has more balls than Obama

Hairy ones?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:27 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Torture is sick and inhumane -- you can't do that to another human being and call yourself a good person, no matter what they did. In the case of Gitmo, the vast majority of them did nothing, but they didn't even get a trial before we broke our own law and subjected prisoners to cruel and unusual punishment.

Toture is sick & inhumane--Ben how do you think we felt when Labour were in power for 13 years? (It was 13 years wasn't it?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:43 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Gitmo - lmao

"I will close it, it's evil"

"But Mr President, there's bad Muslims there"

"Oh, sh1t, really?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:45 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Gitmo - lmao

"Oh, sh1t, really?"

Does she intend the same for the far right terrorists there also, being as they commit far more of the terrorism in the US, how about the extremist Christian ones, does she want to baptize them also?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:29 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Gitmo - lmao

"Oh, sh1t, really?"

i think its more along the lines of

Gitmo - lmao

"But Mr President, if you try that we will have to pay you JFK's wages"

"gitmo eh?? like the sound of it"

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:15 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Nah...just your ordinary, everyday Republican.

You guys keep giving credence to the Republican Party. I keep telling y'all...and y'all think I am exaggerating. But, this is who they really are.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:17 pm

Actually what happened with Gitmo was, Obama campaigned on closing it, but after he was elected our RW politicians started scaring people by saying if it was closed, they'd find Osama bin Laden prowling around in their backyard stealing the laundry off their lines one day. So there was an uproar and they made it so that Obama couldn't legally close it by passing new legislation on the wave of public terror they'd created (National Defense Authorization Act of 2012).
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Gerbs...you are the terrorist from the other viewpoint.

There really is no such thing as a terrorist. Terrorism is a tactic, not a person. A lot of the problem today is that we try to personify the tactic. We cannot, so we settle on Muslims.

See what happens?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:51 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Actually what happened with Gitmo was, Obama campaigned on closing it, but after he was elected our RW politicians started scaring people by saying if it was closed, they'd find Osama bin Laden prowling around in their backyard stealing the laundry off their lines one day. So there was an uproar and they made it so that Obama couldn't legally close it by passing new legislation on the wave of public terror they'd created (National Defense Authorization Act of 2012).

And don't the very people that did the waterboarding now say that it produced no 'good' information, because as Les said, people will say anything under torture to make it stop.   The worst thing about this stupid woman is that she panders (as does every RW fanatic, because that is what she is) to the very worst and basest feeling and fears and instead of looking at the subject from a deeper perspective, simply has a knee jerk reaction to something that is actually very complicated.   The West are not whiter than white and have treated many regions of the world extremely badly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:56 pm

Sassy wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Actually what happened with Gitmo was, Obama campaigned on closing it, but after he was elected our RW politicians started scaring people by saying if it was closed, they'd find Osama bin Laden prowling around in their backyard stealing the laundry off their lines one day. So there was an uproar and they made it so that Obama couldn't legally close it by passing new legislation on the wave of public terror they'd created (National Defense Authorization Act of 2012).

And don't the very people that did the waterboarding now say that it produced no 'good' information, because as Les said, people will say anything under torture to make it stop.   The worst thing about this stupid woman is that she panders (as does every RW fanatic, because that is what she is) to the very worst and basest feeling and fears and instead of looking at the subject from a deeper perspective, simply has a knee jerk reaction to something that is actually very complicated.   The West are not whiter than white and have treated many regions of the world extremely badly.

Absolutely correct. The people who got the information that led to bin Laden being found said it came after the torture program had ended; one high-profile terrorist interrogator said he never got any useful information until he and his subjects got to the point where they could talk to one another like human beings.

The idea of putting a killer through an inhuman amount of pain is a psychologically satisfying revenge fantasy that most people realize is best used in movies and novels, but doesn't apply to the real world. Right-wingers seem to have a real problem with the concept, though.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:02 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Absolutely correct. The people who got the information that led to bin Laden being found said it came after the torture program had ended; one high-profile terrorist interrogator said he never got any useful information until he and his subjects got to the point where they could talk to one another like human beings.

The idea of putting a killer through an inhuman amount of pain is a psychologically satisfying revenge fantasy that most people realize is best used in movies and novels, but doesn't apply to the real world. Right-wingers seem to have a real problem with the concept, though.

I agree, especially when it has turned out that some of them are entirely innocent, and all they have managed to do is radicalise someone who wasn't radical before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:13 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Absolutely, Ben. This exercise, and this specific case, should be used in textbooks on interrogation for centuries to come...to prove that torture does not work.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:05 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I like her!

My god - get a white man who has touched a woman up and you'd have them hanging from hooks and slicing them open.

And all she wants to do is hurt some guys who are trying to end our kids' lives.

So saying you show a concern for child welfare notably absent from your many pronouncements on the Jimmy Savile scandal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:06 pm

lovedust wrote:

So saying you show a concern for child welfare notably absent from your many pronouncements on the Jimmy Savile scandal.

Does that sentence make sense?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:36 am

Do any of your words make sense, andy? "Touched a woman up?" "Hanging from hooks?" I have no idea what you are saying.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:21 am

Original Quill wrote:

Do any of your words make sense, andy?  "Touched a woman up?"  "Hanging from hooks?"  I have no idea what you are saying.

"Touched a woman up?" = sexual assult
"Hanging from hooks?" = arrested high sentence after trial by media

Hypocritical Crap. "Trying to end Our Kids lives"  Rolling Eyes  Because we already Blew their Kids Up  Mad 

Sarah Palin: 'If I were in charge ... waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists' 600x432xafganchild.jpg.pagespeed.ic.5gXdUyGgb4

Sarah Palin: 'If I were in charge ... waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists' 399177_134587363365082_2004806939_n
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:52 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Gitmo - lmao

"Oh, sh1t, really?"

More like: "Gitmo."

"I will shut it down when I'm elected."

"How ya gonna do that when the other party controls the House?"

"Bummer."  Laughing 

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down