NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God's fouled up creation

2 posters

Go down

God's fouled up creation Empty God's fouled up creation

Post by stardesk Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:15 pm

Yet once again we see how God's creation (if he exists, that is) was badly flawed. Tornados sweeping across the central and southern US states have demolished buildings, and killed 17 people! How on earth can Creationists believe in this so-called God? Or do they just look at the nice bits in their holy book and ignore the negative comments?
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

God's fouled up creation Empty Re: God's fouled up creation

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:19 pm

I was educated in a convent and often wondered the same thing - even asked the nuns.  "It's the work of the Devil" came the reply.  "But if God's all-powerful why doesn't he smite the Devil?" - "class, open your books at page....."

I was actually called to the Mother Superior's office and told I was the Devil's advocate.  Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:37 pm

Tesstacious wrote:I was educated in a convent and often wondered the same thing - even asked the nuns.  "It's the work of the Devil" came the reply.  "But if God's all-powerful why doesn't he smite the Devil?" - "class, open your books at page....."

I was actually called to the Mother Superior's office and told I was the Devil's advocate.   Twisted Evil 

I always thought that was a complement  ::D:: 
I'm sure Jesus's teachers would have said the same thing to him  Wink 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:41 pm

Tesstacious wrote:I was educated in a convent and often wondered the same thing - even asked the nuns.  "It's the work of the Devil" came the reply.  "But if God's all-powerful why doesn't he smite the Devil?" - "class, open your books at page....."

I was actually called to the Mother Superior's office and told I was the Devil's advocate.   Twisted Evil 

not satans bride then?????

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi Tess and everyone. I put the question of catastrophes to a Witness at my door, he said the same, 'oh that's the work of Satan.' Honestly I couldn't help laughing at the man. I said to him if Satan can do things like that, including earthquakes etc, then that makes him as powerful as God, and that, to my mind, makes him a god, which of course leads us in to the realms of mythology.

Having spent a lot of time studying mythology, I cannot see nor accept Jehovah as anything else but yet another god amongst several hundred gods and goddesses worldwide.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:25 am

@stardesk

you know I agree  Wink 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi Veya. Indeed I do know you agree, and I'm sure anyone with an open and enquiring mind would be of the same opinion.

Many years ago I started reading the works and stories by Homer, Plato and Timaeus, which contained references to gods and goddesses, which of course led me on to mythology, which in turn led me to evolution which one the day.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Sat May 03, 2014 9:20 pm

Oh dear, yet another failing in the beautiful, perfect Creation story: 2,000 people killed in a mudslide in Afghanistan. What and where will be next? I don't think it'll be very long coming.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down