NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it not illegal to sell of parts of our NHS?...

2 posters

Go down

Is it not illegal to sell of parts of our NHS?... Empty Is it not illegal to sell of parts of our NHS?...

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:47 pm

I hear much about David Cameron's obsessiveness on this matter and briefly read that he had tendered work out to private health firms for work with cancer patients worth roughly £660+ million ..

But this isn't actually selling off work permanently is it?

Does this mean that our NHS a simply can't cope with the amount of work/patients?

Is it not more expensive to tender out work to private health companies?

I don't think any government would or should have the right to actually sell off our NHS permanently.

Back to top Go down

Is it not illegal to sell of parts of our NHS?... Empty Re: Is it not illegal to sell of parts of our NHS?...

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:35 am

I think the people of Britain should always be trying to build up the NHS, not tear it down, but there are some who believe (with a religious fervor) that everything is done better when it's done for a profit.

You're absolutely right, privatizing anything always costs more money because there's always a group at the top trying to get rich from it. You only have to look at what happened to the U.S. when they privatized a lot of military functions to Halliburton, which turned around and charged the U.S. taxpayer $100 per 15-pound bag of laundry that it washed: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5333896/ns/nbc_nightly_news_with_brian_williams/t/new-halliburton-waste-alleged/

Or the devastation wrought when Pinochet decided to privatize everything under the sun in Chile:

http://www.multinationalmonitor.org/hyper/issues/1991/05/collins.html

Or the fact that it was the real motive for the Iraq War:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/08/big-oils-scorecard-iraq
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Is it not illegal to sell of parts of our NHS?... Empty Re: Is it not illegal to sell of parts of our NHS?...

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:44 am

Its the Tory way to privatise everything. Sell it cheap to a mate, mates company makes millions but cant deliver a service and so the public purse has to pay to deliver the service anyway.
Its happening in the NHS
the Prison service
victim services
Restorative Justice
the Courts
and its already happened to care for the elderly and disabled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:48 pm

Let's hope you'll soon be calling it the International Health Service eh JD?!

cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:50 pm

Nems wrote:Its the Tory way to privatise everything. Sell it cheap to a mate, mates company makes millions but cant deliver a service and so the public purse has to pay to deliver the service anyway.
Its happening in the NHS
                     the Prison service
                     victim services
                     Restorative Justice
                     the Courts

Most people who work are now paying for dental treatment and other small procedures as well as paying for the NHS anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:54 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Nems wrote:Its the Tory way to privatise everything. Sell it cheap to a mate, mates company makes millions but cant deliver a service and so the public purse has to pay to deliver the service anyway.
Its happening in the NHS
                     the Prison service
                     victim services
                     Restorative Justice
                     the Courts

Most people who work are now paying for dental treatment and other small procedures as well as paying for the NHS anyway.

I know

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:56 pm

Nems wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

I know

Those who have private medical insurance should get a reduction in what they pay for the NHS - it would encourage many others to take out medical insurance and free up the NHS a little bit.

Or we could just stop foreigners coming here...

One thing is for sure - it just can't carry on the way it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:00 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Nems wrote:

I know

Those who have private medical insurance should get a reduction in what they pay for the NHS - it would encourage many others to take out medical insurance and free up the NHS a little bit.

Health tourism is one thing I agree,but by far the biggest saving would be to get rid of the pen pushers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:03 pm

Nems wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Health tourism is one thing I agree,but by far the biggest saving would be to get rid of the pen pushers

But liberalisation has pushed for pen pushers - more red tape, more political correctness, more health and safety, more management of everything, everywhere!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:04 pm

I do agree with you 100% Nems.

Here's the BigAndy9 way - not good enough? Eff off.

Don't like it? Eff off.

Called you a queer? Tough sh1t - eff off.

Just get the frigging job done!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:24 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Nems wrote:

I know

But that is people's own choices to pay for private medical care Andy, why would someone need to use the NHS is they have full medical cover anyway?

Of course they should not get money off from the NHS, it's not others fault they can't afford private medical insurance, and I've never heard of anyone unfortunate enough to be on the benefits who has full private medical insurance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:26 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Let's hope you'll soon be calling it the International Health Service eh JD?!

cheers 

Maybe just be as well though Andy, Cameron is spending more by tendering out work though, so it's money down the drain anyway,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:42 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I do agree with you 100% Nems.

Here's the BigAndy9 way - not good enough?  Eff off.

Don't like it?  Eff off.

Called you a queer?  Tough sh1t - eff off.

I dont thing you would last long in the NHS !  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:51 pm

Don't like it?  Eff off.

...that's it Andy, cum oot to playa eh! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:26 pm

Nems wrote:

Don't like it?  Eff off.

I dont thing you would last long in the NHS !  lol! 

Damn right, or any other public sector job apart from the army, and luckily enough...  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:21 pm

Don't like it?  Eff off.

Please don't use the word "queer" here like that, BA.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:45 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Nems wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

I know

That's true, we do that here and Medicare tax max's out around 7% of your income even without private, with private in is 3% or less.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:13 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Don't like it?  Eff off.

Please don't use the word "queer" here like that, BA.

Why don't you use your internet-altering powers - change it to "I am a HOMOPHOBE" whenever anybody tries to post it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:13 am

veya_victaous wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

That's true, we do that here and Medicare tax max's out around 7% of your income even without private, with private in is 3% or less.

Makes great sense to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down