NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forklift driver SACKED for wearing an England flag hat on St George’s Day

2 posters

Go down

Forklift driver SACKED for wearing an England flag hat on St George’s Day  Empty Forklift driver SACKED for wearing an England flag hat on St George’s Day

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:02 pm

•Adam Lawson, 32, wore the England flag cap to work to celebrate St George's Day - England's national day
•But the forklift driver was told to remove it because it wasn't work uniform
•Mr Lawson, from Swindon, was later told never to return to work•The patriotic father says it's 'ridiculous' he wasn't allowed to celebrate

'St George’s Day is part of English culture, I didn’t want to offend anyone or cause malice and I don’t believe I did.
'I’m disgusted as I’m a patriotic guy and to me it is wrong that I wasn’t allowed to celebrate English culture and was deterred from doing so, as I wasn’t doing any harm.
'I think it is a sad state of affairs if we are stopped from acknowledging our culture.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2613147/Forklift-driver-SACKED-wearing-England-flag-hat-St-Georges-Day-wasnt-work-uniform.html

Back to top Go down

Forklift driver SACKED for wearing an England flag hat on St George’s Day  Empty Re: Forklift driver SACKED for wearing an England flag hat on St George’s Day

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:11 pm

Tesstacious wrote:•Adam Lawson, 32, wore the England flag cap to work to celebrate St George's Day - England's national day
•But the forklift driver was told to remove it because it wasn't work uniform
•Mr Lawson, from Swindon, was later told never to return to work•The patriotic father says it's 'ridiculous' he wasn't allowed to celebrate

'St George’s Day is part of English culture, I didn’t want to offend anyone or cause malice and I don’t believe I did.
'I’m disgusted as I’m a patriotic guy and to me it is wrong that I wasn’t allowed to celebrate English culture and was deterred from doing so, as I wasn’t doing any harm.
'I think it is a sad state of affairs if we are stopped from acknowledging our culture.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2613147/Forklift-driver-SACKED-wearing-England-flag-hat-St-Georges-Day-wasnt-work-uniform.html

Good old left wingers ruining our country.

Back to top Go down

Forklift driver SACKED for wearing an England flag hat on St George’s Day  Empty Re: Forklift driver SACKED for wearing an England flag hat on St George’s Day

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:11 pm

Sounds like there's a bit more to this than just England-bashing -- for one, he had already turned in his notice, and he suspects they just wanted to get rid of him before he'd finished his notice period.

Secondly, and I'm no expert here, but one of the people at the auto parts dealer that fired him mentioned safety equipment -- aren't forklift operators generally required to wear a hardhat by most companies these days?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:31 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Sounds like there's a bit more to this than just England-bashing -- for one, he had already turned in his notice, and he suspects they just wanted to get rid of him before he'd finished his notice period.

Secondly, and I'm no expert here, but one of the people at the auto parts dealer that fired him mentioned safety equipment -- aren't forklift operators generally required to wear a hardhat by most companies these days?
I thought that about the hard hat, but I think they would have mentioned that. As for it being against company policy, that' so typical of England - it's lost all sense of community, it's like a police state. You should see all the people, shopworkers, everyone, here in Ireland on St Patricks Day - all wearing silly big green hats. It used to be like that in England.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:45 pm

Maybe he should have gotten a hard hat with a big St. George's cross and seen what they did Smile

Forklift driver SACKED for wearing an England flag hat on St George’s Day  England
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:52 pm

Whoops:

Forklift driver SACKED for wearing an England flag hat on St George’s Day  233c445695d796f3e3ddce6877c14f82

Forklift driver SACKED for wearing an England flag hat on St George’s Day  8f761c60fa592486d5f9372d73bb40e4

Forklift driver SACKED for wearing an England flag hat on St George’s Day  Fde49ad710863fdd96a3cd9fac85e9d2

It certainly doesn't look like the company has headwear as any part of its uniform:

http://www.southmarstondc.com/?_escaped_fragment_=about
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:25 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Sounds like there's a bit more to this than just England-bashing -- for one, he had already turned in his notice, and he suspects they just wanted to get rid of him before he'd finished his notice period.

thats illegal over here...once you have put your notice in the ONLY reason they can "sack" you is gross industrial misconduct....which THIS would not be.

I thought that about the hard hat, but I think they would have mentioned that.  As for it being against company policy, that' so typical of England - it's lost all sense of community, it's like a police state.  You should see all the people, shopworkers, everyone, here in Ireland on St Patricks Day - all wearing silly big green hats.  It used to be like that in England.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:55 pm

It was Gross misconduct 

DOH

He was not wearing a safety helmet and refused to comply with company rules

Though was he sacked, read the article, telling points from it?

But he later received a phone call from the recruitment company, apparently telling him SDC did not want him to work through his notice period.

As he is a temp the main company is quite within its rights to as any company is to ask a person to not work their notice period. Even more so he refused to comply with company rules, that is a sackable offence, let alone as a temp working for an agency, they can let him go anyway, without a reason.

He also walked out, thus showing even more that he is not a team player and thus why should a company keep on someone who does not comply with he rules and when breaks them, storms off, I would get rid of him too, why pay someone like that who has no interest working for me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Another point and a big give away here, is this person no doubt had an attitude problem, because normally Temps from angencies are taken on after 13 weeks by many companies full time as an employee. The fact that after 8 months he was still an agency worker, rings alarm bells he was not seen as a good employee and the fact he had applied else where. I reckon he was a very much a problematic employee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:10 pm

what was that you waffled dodgy didge.....usual cowering crap I suppose....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:15 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:what was that you waffled dodgy didge.....usual cowering crap I suppose....

Oh my no counter again, just about me.

He was not even sacked but not asked to work his notice period and as an agency staff he can be let go of within the first year,

Thanks for as usual one of your worthless replies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:26 pm

pardon.....I cant hear you......troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:28 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:pardon.....I cant hear you......troll

Clearly you can when you keep replying, exposing again how you lie, is quite easy really

My points stand, if you cannot refute them, which is clear you cannot, then carry on spitting your dummy out, that is fine by me

::D::

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:35 pm

This post was made by Didge who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:37 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:This post was made by Didge who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Point proven, he cannot debate, and clearly is a coward ha ha

Night Victor, I hope one day you get over the grudge and maybe debate the points

Good luck and all the best

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:44 pm

I find newspapers do this a lot actually; they claim something in bold headlines and then you read further down and realise it's not quite as it first seemed.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:47 pm

eddie wrote:I find newspapers do this a lot actually; they claim something in bold headlines and then you read further down and realise it's not quite as it first seemed.

Couldn't agree more. The man was a temp, he could have been asked to go without a reason being given. Whole load of waffle about nothing!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:49 pm

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:I find newspapers do this a lot actually; they claim something in bold headlines and then you read further down and realise it's not quite as it first seemed.

Couldn't agree more.   The man was a temp, he could have been asked to go without a reason being given.   Whole load of waffle about nothing!

I do think there are problems within our country at times regarding these kind of scenarios, but this clearly isn't one of them  Rolling Eyes 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down