NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lord Mandelson: ‘UKIP routinely insult gay people’

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lord Mandelson: ‘UKIP routinely insult gay people’ Empty Lord Mandelson: ‘UKIP routinely insult gay people’

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:07 pm

Lord Mandelson: ‘UKIP routinely insult gay people’ Mandelson

Labour’s former Business Secretary Lord Mandelson has taken a swipe at UKIP’s treatment of gay people.

The ex-Labour cabinet minister and former European trade commissioner has written a column in defence of Britain’s EU membership for the London Evening Standard.

Briefly touching upon equality, Lord Mandelson said: “For most Londoners, there is a lot to dislike about UKIP. Their attitudes to women and maternity rights belong in the dark ages. They routinely insult gay people.”

Despite disagreeing with its politics, Lord Mandelson admitted Nigel Farage’s party was likely to perform well in next month’s European elections.

He said: “UKIP can expect to be a beneficiary of this boot up the backside for the Coalition parties. Nigel Farage and his party of unknowns escape detailed scrutiny because you would need a giant magnifying glass to discover what their policies are and because, for most they are a passing joyride for the protest voter.”

During a recent appearance on Have I Got News for You, Mr Farage attempted to make light of several anti-LGBT incidents by UKIP members from the past 12 months.

He laughed along with the audience as John Sullivan, a UKIP candidate who said last year that physical exercise “releases boys’ tensions and thus avoided homosexuality”, was branded a loony by host Stephen Mangan.

The UKIP leader was also embarrassed by David Silvester, the former UKIP councillor who blamed floods on same-sex marriage.

Earlier this month, a UKIP chairman defended a prospective councillor in Portsmouth who described anal sex as “sodomy”, and said he was against “aggressive homosexuals” who pretend they are “normal”.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/04/22/lord-mandelson-ukip-routinely-insult-gay-people/

Back to top Go down

Lord Mandelson: ‘UKIP routinely insult gay people’ Empty Re: Lord Mandelson: ‘UKIP routinely insult gay people’

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:47 pm

Lord Mandelson: ‘UKIP routinely insult gay people’ Ukip10

Back to top Go down

Lord Mandelson: ‘UKIP routinely insult gay people’ Empty Re: Lord Mandelson: ‘UKIP routinely insult gay people’

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:26 pm

The ICM European poll has voting intentions of CON 22%, LAB 30%, LDEM 8%, UKIP 27%. Labour first, UKIP a close second, the Conservatives in third is the same sort of pattern that Survation, ComRes, YouGov and TNS have all been showing… but is a contrast to ICM’s European poll for the Guardian earlier this week that had Labour six points higher, UKIP seven points lower. The difference is this one was conducted online, the ICM/Guardian poll by telephone.

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Labour will win this election!  cheers  cheers  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:29 pm

UKIP routinely insult the Human Race just by existing

In all honesty CatMan New Labour aren't 'left wing' enough for me,they are too much middle ground.

They are of course far superior to the Tories,always.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:32 pm

fluffy,i don't swear at ladies,[unlike some on here] so I will just say, rubbish.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:35 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:UKIP routinely insult the Human Race just by existing

In all honesty CatMan New Labour aren't 'left wing' enough for me,they are too much middle ground.

I'm with you Fluff, Labour should go back to it's roots, but you'd need a brain transplant to vote UKIP, a bunch of wackos run by a public school educated used car salesman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:47 pm

It really does get up your noses that so many people agree with UKIP doesnt it? There are you with your self view of how the world should be and could be made to be - and there is UKIP with its ever increasing popularity demonstrating how huge numbers of people totally disagree with you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:50 pm

nicko wrote:fluffy,i don't swear at ladies,[unlike some on here] so I will just say, rubbish.

Thats fair enough Nicko,everyone entitled to their view and I much prefer respectful debate  Smile 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:51 pm

sphinx wrote:It really does get up your noses that so many people agree with UKIP doesnt it?  There are you with your self view of how the world should be and could be made to be - and there is UKIP with its ever increasing popularity demonstrating how huge numbers of people totally disagree with you.

Numbers don't make people right. All kinds of numbers of people have been led by the nose by real shits over the years and conned into believing all kinds of revolting ideas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:52 pm

Sassy wrote:

I'm with you Fluff, Labour should go back to it's roots, but you'd need a brain transplant to vote UKIP, a bunch of wackos run by a public school educated used car salesman.

I honestly think Labour should embrace its left wing roots too Sassy as I think there is a demand for it as some people want a genuine alternative ti right wing politics.

And hello btw  cheers x
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:53 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Sassy wrote:

I honestly think Labour should embrace its left wing roots too Sassy as I think there is a demand for it as some people want a genuine alternative ti right wing politics.

And hello btw  cheers x

Hi, been reading your posts, join the real LW clan lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:54 pm

sphinx wrote:It really does get up your noses that so many people agree with UKIP doesnt it?  There are you with your self view of how the world should be and could be made to be - and there is UKIP with its ever increasing popularity demonstrating how huge numbers of people totally disagree with you.

It doesn't 'get up my nose' tbh,it just worries me that people actually think that way and/or allowing themselves to be manipulated so easily.

Farrage is appealing to the base instinct in us all,that what is different is to be feared and is wrong.It is a destructive mentality.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:55 pm

Sassy wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

And hello btw  cheers x

Oh good thankyou,I want to be in a clan  ::cheerlead:: lol
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:58 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Sassy wrote:

LOL, think you will find your views shared by me, Irn, Handy Andy, JD, and Ben. Think I am right in saying Cat like New Labour, I'm sure he will correct me if I'm wrong!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:05 pm

The RW (which were NL) aren't in charge of the party at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:07 pm

Sassy wrote:

Numbers don't make people right.   All kinds of numbers of people have been led by the nose by real shits over the years and conned into believing all kinds of revolting ideas.

You aren't allowed to say shits.  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:09 pm

Not a great fan of Blair ; Brown and new Labour Ed needs to get the likes of Owen Jones on board in a safe seat then promote him pdq, , he is one for the long term future of a successful Labour party built on traditional values of honesty, fairness and integrity.

Btw, welcome to the club Fluffy, nice to speak to like minded people who seem genuine good eggs.

Last edited by Handy Andy on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Sassy wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

LOL, think you will find your views shared by me, Irn, Handy Andy, JD, and Ben.   Think I am right in saying Cat like New Labour, I'm sure he will correct me if I'm wrong!

I was a big fan of New Labour, and tended to exist more on the right of Labour, but i will and the rest of the Labour party will rally around whoever is in charge of the party at any one time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:12 pm

Catman wrote:
Sassy wrote:

LOL, think you will find your views shared by me, Irn, Handy Andy, JD, and Ben.   Think I am right in saying Cat like New Labour, I'm sure he will correct me if I'm wrong!

I was a big fan of New Labour, and tended to exist more on the right of Labour, but i will and the rest of the Labour party will rally around whoever is in charge of the party at any one time.

Well I'm in the Labour Party Phil, and on all the forums and questionnaires etc I say that they should go much more to the left and do what they were set up to do, be the voice of the people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:13 pm

Good man Phil.
Old and nu Labour need to pool resources and form a strong bond to crush Dave, Gideon , Nick and Nigel .
There is no time or place for party disunity.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:14 pm

See the interesting thing is UKIP has no desire to stop any of you lot existing and does not find your existence offensive.

Remind me the definition of tolerance?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:16 pm

sphinx wrote:See the interesting thing is UKIP has no desire to stop any of you lot existing and does not find your existence offensive.

Remind me the definition of tolerance?

?

Stop people existing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Not a great fan of Blair ; Brown and new Labour Ed needs to get the likes of Owen Jones on board in a safe seat then promote him pdq, , he is one for the long term future of a successful Labour party built on traditional values of honesty, fairness and integrity.

Btw, welcome to the club Fluffy, nice to speak to like minded people who seem genuine good eggs.

Thankyou Andy,I am left wing and a bit daft lol

Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:23 pm

Sassy wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Lol!!!

Another one bites the dust.........
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:23 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:Not a great fan of Blair ; Brown and new Labour Ed needs to get the likes of Owen Jones on board in a safe seat then promote him pdq, , he is one for the long term future of a successful Labour party built on traditional values of honesty, fairness and integrity.

Haven't sounded daft at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Sassy wrote:
Catman wrote:

Well I'm in the Labour Party Phil, and on all the forums and questionnaires etc I say that they should go much more to the left and do what they were set up to do, be the voice of the people.

When I debate this with others people say that Labour have to try and appease the 'middle ground' because there isn't enough truly Left Wing people left and they simply won't get voted in.

That does seem to be the case with Ed Miliband pandering to the RW's about immigration,saying he will be harder than The Tories are about it etc:roll: 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:25 pm

Orft to bed for an early night - feeling a bit shivery. Man flu?
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:26 pm

Sassy wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

You're a good woman  cheers 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:27 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Sassy wrote:

When I debate this with others people say that Labour have to try and appease the 'middle ground' because there isn't enough truly Left Wing people left and they simply won't get voted in.

That does seem to be the case with Ed Miliband pandering to the RW's about immigration,saying he will be harder than The Tories are about it etc:roll: 

Ed has his heart in the right place, but doesn't seem to get the number of people that want him to toughen up and stand up for left wing principles. However, at least he does understand what left wing principles are lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:27 pm

Sassy wrote:
Catman wrote:

Can't argue against that.
Times change, and we are in a different era from when Tony Blair was in charge.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:28 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Orft to bed for an early night - feeling a bit shivery. Man flu?

Good night Andy hope you feel better soon
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:28 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Oh now you are for it, watch the Sassy bashers come out of the woodwork lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:29 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Orft to bed for an early night - feeling a bit shivery. Man flu?

Night Andy, hope you feel better tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Catman wrote:
Sassy wrote:

As you know, although he did some good things I thought he was a creep and the Iraq invasion finished me off as far as he was concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:30 pm

Sassy wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Oh now you are for it, watch the Sassy bashers come out of the woodwork lol

I don't care lol,I say what I think.

Goodnight all,I'm away to watch GOT that we taped yesterday.Hope you feel better tomorrow Andy  Smile 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Night Fluff, enjoy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Goy my Lemsip and about to snuggle up with a little thriller.
Not her that must be endured, but the latest Andy McNab book!
Soeak in the morning.
Nightynight all.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Goy my Lemsip and about to snuggle up with a little thriller.
Soeak in the morning.
Nightynight all.

..night Andy,,,weet dreams mate! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:39 pm

Sassy wrote:
Catman wrote:

As you know, although he did some good things I thought he was a creep and the Iraq invasion finished me off as far as he was concerned.

He did a lot of good things.

Which ever party had been in charge at that time, would have gone to war with Iraq.

I used to be in CND and was a member of Militant when i was a teen....The politics of Owen Jones inspire me now!  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:07 am

Joy Division wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:Goy my Lemsip and about to snuggle up with a little thriller.
Soeak in the morning.
Nightynight all.

..night Andy,,,weet dreams mate! Laughing 

I hope this is 'Sweet'  Suspect Suspect Suspect  otherwise :\\:[:  'wet'  :aspukeas: 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:25 am

Morning Veya; just got up, full of cold.
I can assure you that none of my dreams are wet when it comes to her that must be endured .
She is insatiable.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:29 am

Handy Andy wrote:Morning Veya; just got up, full of cold.
I can assure you that none of my dreams are wet when it comes to her that must be endured .
She is insatiable.

Good job really lol. Sorry to to hear you still are suffering Andy, don't spread it around!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:33 am

No chance of that Sassy. HtmbE insists it all ends up in the same place!
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:47 am

Handy Andy wrote:No chance of that Sassy. HtmbE insists it all ends up in the same place!

Now you know I meant the cold lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:15 pm

Sassy wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Ed has his heart in the right place, but doesn't seem to get the number of people that want him to toughen up and stand up for left wing principles.   However, at least he does understand what left wing principles are lol

The Tories understand what left wing policies are,they are frightened to death of them because they don't want fair treatment for the masses.

We currently have a 'us' and 'them' mentality in this country,a ruling elite and the working class,the 'little people',the 'proles' who have to be kept in their place.

At the moment with all the RW propaganda regarding benefit scroungers all the 'little people' are fighting amongst themselves whilst the Elite get on with being even more rich and corrupt.Their plan is working beautifully.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:25 pm

What is encouraging is that there is now an alternative RW party, UKIP, that are leeching votes from the traditional Tory heartlands. It is UKIP the tories have most to be afraid of, 8/10 voters new to UKIP have been drawn from the Conservatives, and threaten the two party politics that we presently endure - with the LibDems seemingly a spent force.
If I were Ed, I would leave the cons and UKIP to squabble amongst themselves, Labour's vote seems to be holding firmly around 36-38%, which will give them a decent commons majority. The only spoiler would be if UKIP and the cons did a deal, which at present seems highly unlikely - but who knows, 14 months is a long time in politics.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:28 pm

Handy Andy wrote:What is encouraging is that there is now an alternative RW party, UKIP, that are leeching votes from the traditional Tory heartlands. It is UKIP the tories have most to be afraid of, 8/10 voters new to UKIP have been drawn from the Conservatives, and threaten the two party politics that we presently endure - with the LibDems seemingly a spent force.
If I were Ed, I would leave the cons and UKIP to squabble amongst themselves, Labour's vote seems to be holding firmly around 36-38%, which will give them a decent commons majority. The only spoiler would be if UKIP and the cons did a deal, which at present seems highly unlikely - but who knows, 14 months is a long time in politics.

that would be amazing

if UKIP replace the LD's then they will be the king makers

if the tories have lowered their standards to get into bed with shithouses like the LD's then UKIP will be a step up for them

we need at least 1 RW party to balance the madness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:32 pm

Handy Andy wrote:What is encouraging is that there is now an alternative RW party, UKIP, that are leeching votes from the traditional Tory heartlands. It is UKIP the tories have most to be afraid of, 8/10 voters new to UKIP have been drawn from the Conservatives, and threaten the two party politics that we presently endure - with the LibDems seemingly a spent force.

So let's just ignore the fact that UKIP are taking a large number of working class Labour voters who've had enough of the EU...

As for the next election, if the Scots go their own way it'll be bye bye Labour...  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:34 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:

that would be amazing

if UKIP replace the LD's then they will be the king makers

if the tories have lowered their standards to get into bed with shithouses like the LD's then UKIP will be a step up for them

we need at least 1 RW party to balance the madness

Shows how thick you are then, you fascist, filthy scum.

They can't be the kingmakers with no fucking MP's you moron!  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:35 pm

Labour has a staff member monitoring Ukip full-time amid fears that the party is not taking the threat posed by Nigel Farage’s party seriously enough, Douglas Alexander has said.

Mr Alexander, the party’s election chief and shadow foreign secretary, said that he takes Ukip “very seriously”. He told The Independent that Labour now has “staff dedicated to exposing the gap between the rhetoric of Ukip and its record”.

Figures in the party are concerned that Ukip could attract traditional working class Labour voters in the north of England.

Recent studies have suggested that Ukip has more working class support than any of the other three parties.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/10713408/Labour-admits-it-is-concerned-about-Ukip.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next