NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Gig left???

+2
Ben Reilly
eddie
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Has Gig left??? - Page 2 Empty Has Gig left???

Post by eddie Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just noticed his last few posts have turned to "guest"
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Has Gig left??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Gig left???

Post by eddie Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:06 pm

I don't care what they were about or how vile,they were about their choice of words, they still have a right to post the words of their choice.

I don't think it's fair and I dont care who it was, I'd still defend their right for free speech.

I'm not going to go on about it, but it's not fair, it smacks a little of bullying just because you don't like someone's views.

So I will end by simply saying you're all a bunch of frog turds and don't fucking EVER, mess with my words.  Cool 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:09 pm

Joy Division wrote:Just made it up this second.what you call two Fat Christians humping at 12?...

Midnight mass! Laughing 

://?roflmao?/: 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:10 pm

gerber wrote:
Joy Division wrote:Just made it up this second.what you call two Fat Christians humping at 12?...

Midnight mass! Laughing 

://?roflmao?/: 

Cheers Gerbs! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:22 pm

lovedust wrote:
gerber wrote:

Shall we write and ask the Pope ?

Maybe he is also a little busy this weekend.  Putin might be free though

Good idea Gerbs, but I suspect the Pope would feel unworthy to fill the shoes of one as holy as Gig.

No 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:25 pm

eddie wrote:I don't care what they were about or how vile,they were about their choice of words, they still have a right to post the words of their choice.

I don't think it's fair and I dont care who it was, I'd still defend their right for free speech.

I'm not going to go on about it, but it's not fair, it smacks a little of bullying just because you don't  like someone's views.

So I will end by simply saying you're all a  bunch of frog turds and don't fucking EVER, mess with my words.  Cool 

Eddie, I actually agree.  

What I cannot get passed though was the sometime lack of their understanding of free speech. Especially as they were people of God so to speak
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
lovedust wrote:

Good idea Gerbs, but I suspect the Pope would feel unworthy to fill the shoes of one as holy as Gig.

No 

OK try it the other way round. Gig would think the Pope unworthy to fill his shoes because he thinks he is so holy.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:33 pm

gerber wrote:
eddie wrote:I don't care what they were about or how vile,they were about their choice of words, they still have a right to post the words of their choice.

I'm not going to go on about it, but it's not fair, it smacks a little of bullying just because you don't  like someone's views.

So I will end by simply saying you're all a  bunch of frog turds and don't fucking EVER, mess with my words.  Cool 

Eddie, I actually agree.  

What I cannot get passed though was the sometime lack of their understanding of free speech.  Especially as they were people of God so to speak

I don't think I ever saw either one of them try to stop someone else from saying Something.

I'm glad you spoke up though Gerbs. Was wondering where the Gerbs from flap had gone? X
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:37 pm

eddie wrote:
gerber wrote:

Eddie, I actually agree.  

What I cannot get passed though was the sometime lack of their understanding of free speech.  Especially as they were people of God so to speak

I don't think I ever saw either one of them try to stop someone else from saying Something.

I'm glad you spoke up though Gerbs. Was wondering where the Gerbs from flap had gone? X

She is here............ sadly for most. Got your Cookies yet ?

Edds they did it on every forum........

But on VOD's behalf she had the balls to return as herself ..............
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:38 pm

Edds - were they forbidden from using any words, or did they just resent having to spell "Muslim" with capital "M"?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:40 pm

gerber wrote:
eddie wrote:

She is here............  sadly for most.  Got your Cookies yet ?

Edds they did it on every forum........

But on VOD's behalf she had the balls to return as herself ..............

I've never asked for a word to be banned, I find it stupid tbh.
Everyone is entitled to free speech.....
And cookies.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:42 pm

lovedust wrote:
Edds - were they forbidden from using any words, or did they just resent having to spell "Muslim" with capital "M"?

So what? Who cares? It wasn't offensive, was it?
They had to go out of their way to type it like that.....so let them!
Is it nice to all,sit and laugh at someone because they've been made a fool of?

I'd say the same if it was you.
But then, so would everyone else.
Because they like you.

See my point?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:42 pm

Sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No 

OK try it the other way round.  Gig would think the Pope unworthy to fill his shoes because he thinks he is so holy.

Is he even a Catholic?

I don't see the need for you to mock his faith at this point.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:47 pm

eddie wrote:
lovedust wrote:

Because they like you.

See my point?

Come on, why the hell else would they try to spell it with a lower case M?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:49 pm

eddie wrote:
lovedust wrote:

Because they like you.

See my point?

So what: "they still have a right to post the words of their choice" (your quotation)...which seems to imply someone forbade them using the words they wanted. Which wasn't so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Sassy wrote:

OK try it the other way round.  Gig would think the Pope unworthy to fill his shoes because he thinks he is so holy.

Is he even a Catholic?

I don't see the need for you to mock his faith at this point.

I'm not mocking his faith, I'm mocking his self importance.  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:51 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

Because they like you.

See my point?

Does it bother you so much that you felt you had to mock them for it?

Does it bother you so much that you are trying to make yourself right when you know you picked on them because you dislike them?

Does it bother anyone else? Were there complaints?

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:53 pm

lovedust wrote:
eddie wrote:

Because they like you.

See my point?

So what: "they still have a right to post the words of their choice" (your quotation)...which seems to imply someone forbade them using the words they wanted. Which wasn't so.

Eh? Every time they posted a word it came up as something else.
Sorry love, your post makes no sense to me.

But aren't you glad that your words came out just as you typed them and were not altered?
I am.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:56 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

Because they like you.

See my point?

Does it bother you so much that you are trying to make yourself right when you know you picked on them because you dislike them?

First off, I keep complaints here confidential. The fact remains, they threw a fit when they saw that Christian wasn't being auto-capitalized, even though we didn't have a problem with people always lower-casing Christian out of disrespect. So I set the site to auto-capitalize Christian as well.

Then they started finding ways to misspell Muslim and Islam so they could keep lower-casing them -- after I'd given them what they wanted. And at the end of the day, all I did was have a little fun with some of their misspellings, it's not like I bought a plane ticket so I could personally punch them in the face.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:59 pm

Eddie, they were a total pain in the arse about it. Are they supposed to be kowtowed to? Is nobody ever supposed to say to them, fuck it, I've had enough, I'm going to show you up?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:00 am

Perhaps a punch might have been more honest.

It's your forum Ben. You have enough people here who love what you do and will find every reason to agree with you. I mostly do.
But on this, we disagree.

You picked on two people, who actually did nothing offensive or wrong, and you mocked them and sat here laughing with people who'd hate it if you did it to them, yet are too (fill in the blank) to say anything.

Im off now as I get really bored repeating myself and more so when someone is getting more ridiculous with each post.

Night x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:02 am

Sassy wrote:Eddie, they were a total pain in the arse about it.   Are they supposed to be kowtowed to?   Is nobody ever supposed to say to them, fuck it, I've had enough, I'm going to show you up?

If you think for one minute that people have the right to change what words you wish to use then you're not the person I thought you were.
If it had been done to someone you really liked you'd have had a different reaction.

I'm not like that. I'm fairer than that.

Night sass x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:03 am

eddie wrote:Perhaps a punch might have been more honest.

It's your forum Ben. You have enough people here who love what you do and will find every reason to agree with you. I mostly do.

You picked on two people, who actually did nothing offensive or wrong, and you mocked them and sat here laughing with people who'd hate it if you did it to them, yet are too (fill in the blank) to say anything.

Im off now as I get really bored repeating myself and more so when someone is getting more ridiculous with each post.

Night x

Night eddie, I respect that you disagree, and I'll admit it wasn't the most mature display we've ever had here. But I still think I'm not the bully monster from hell for doing it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:04 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

First off, I keep complaints here confidential. The fact remains, they threw a fit when they saw that Christian wasn't being auto-capitalized, even though we didn't have a problem with people always lower-casing Christian out of disrespect. So I set the site to auto-capitalize Christian as well.

Then they started finding ways to misspell Muslim and Islam so they could keep lower-casing them -- after I'd given them what they wanted. And at the end of the day, all I did was have a little fun with some of their misspellings, it's not like I bought a plane ticket so I could personally punch them in the face.

I wouldn't bother too much Ben, Favva and VOD are adults and left of their own accord, and I'm positive they will be back to, wether under their original name or not, but they will be back....

Some have and depending who with, will pretend to be offended at the slightest thing.

I must admit ,it is poor sport to belittle Muslims, but not expect anything back about Christians...it's all or nothing surely?

Some are just way too serious about the little things , but turn jovial when mocking people over serious things...
You've done nothing wrong Ben, your the fairest forum owner I have ever met and I'm positive that Favva and VOD will be back and even looking in now, chuffed to bits with all the attention, bless them,

Your a good lad Ben, with a great sense of humour and serious enough with sensitive issues.

I guess I'll be accused of arse kissing again  Rolling Eyes 

But I'm only telling what is the truth.

Last edited by Joy Division on Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:05 am

MORE IMPORTANT

has FTL left?
 Sad Sad Sad Sad 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:06 am

^^ No need to apologise... My point is: they wanted to write the word "Muslim" repeatedly... noone stopped them writing the word "Muslim" repeatedly.

The word "Muslim" was "messed with" only if they tried to flout a forum regulation which capitalises "Muslim", - a condition they requested be put in place for the word "Christian" out of basic respect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:06 am

Thanks, JD! And Veya, sadly she has left.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:07 am

lovedust wrote:^^ No need to apologise... My point is: they wanted to write the word "Muslim" repeatedly... noone stopped them writing the word "Muslim" repeatedly.

The word "Muslim" was "messed with" only if they tried to flout a forum regulation which capitalises "Muslim", - a condition they requested be put in place for the word "Christian" out of basic respect.

And let's not forget I let GIG call me an Islam-loving queer or something ... enemy of free speech and dictator that I am ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:08 am

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:Eddie, they were a total pain in the arse about it.   Are they supposed to be kowtowed to?   Is nobody ever supposed to say to them, fuck it, I've had enough, I'm going to show you up?

If you think for one minute that people have the right to change what words you wish to use then you're not the person I thought you were.
If it had been done to someone you really liked you'd have had a different reaction.

I'm not like that. I'm fairer than that.

Night sass x

They were the ones changing the words. They could had just typed Muslim, they deliberately tried to be offensive.

Night Eds x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:08 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:Perhaps a punch might have been more honest.

Night x

Night eddie, I respect that you disagree, and I'll admit it wasn't the most mature display we've ever had here. But I still think I'm not the bully monster from hell for doing it.

No. You're not the bully monster from hell.
But it wasn't right you frog turd.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:08 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Thanks, JD! And Veya, sadly she has left.

That's ok Ben, I think you get so much crap for actually being a good level headed person!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:09 am

Joy Division wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I wouldn't bother too much Ben, Favva and VOD are adults and left of their own accord, and I'm positive they will be back to, wether under their original name or not, but they will be back....

Some have and depending who with, will pretend to be offended at the slightest thing.

I must admit ,MIT is poor sport to belittle Muslims, but not expect anything back about Christians...

Some are just way too serious about the little things , but turn jovial when mocking people over serious things...
You've done nothing wrong Ben, your the fairest forum owner I have ever met and I'm positive that Favva and VOD will be back and even looking in now, chuffed to bits with all the attention, bless them,

Your a good lad Ben, with a great sense of humour and serious enough with sensitive issues.

You started all this Hooray Henry nonsense when you denied all posters the right to be able to discuss religious matters except on a Saturday.

That is when tits went upwards......

lol! 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:10 am

gerber wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I must admit ,MIT is poor sport to belittle Muslims, but not expect anything back about Christians...

You started all this Hooray Henry nonsense when you denied all posters the right to be able to discuss religious matters  except on a Saturday.

lol! 

Strike 6!!!!!!!!!!!!  Twisted Evil   Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:11 am

gerber wrote:
Joy Division wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

You started all this Hooray Henry nonsense when you denied all posters the right to be able to discuss religious matters  except on a Saturday.

lol! 

To be fair, now, I just thought that was because JD subscribed to Last Thursdayism and didn't think enough time had passed until Saturday for discussion of such things ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:12 am

Joy Division wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I must admit ,it is poor sport to belittle Muslims, but not expect anything back about Christians...it's all or nothing surely?

The trouble is that you're mocking all Christians though. Why do that?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:13 am

gerber wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

lol! 

Laughing 

Strike 7 now btw sass! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:14 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
gerber wrote:

lol! 

To be fair, now, I just thought that was because JD subscribed to Last Thursdayism and didn't think enough time had passed until Saturday for discussion of such things ...

..that's it Ben!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:15 am

Joy Division wrote:
gerber wrote:

lol! 

Laughing 

Full house............

gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:17 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Not at all, I just don't like when one religious group think they are superior to another...when in truth, people from both religions have acted barbarically in the past.

I also don't like when white people try to make black people feel inferior to them Rags, it's not gonna happen while I'm online.

Fairness and equality or nothing,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:20 am

gerber wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Laughing 

Full house............

That's over two full houses Gerbs!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:21 am

Joy Division wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Not at all, I just don't like when one religious group think they are superior to another...when in truth, people from both religions have acted barbarically in the past.

I also don't like when white people try to make black people feel inferior to them Rags, it's not  gonna happen while I'm online.

Well it's not exactly fair of you to generalise about a whole group is it? I don't talk about Muslims on here, and yet I have to put up with all the nasty comments about Christians just because some people want a pop at two people on here.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:29 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I also don't like when white people try to make black people feel inferior to them Rags, it's not  gonna happen while I'm online.

Well it's not exactly fair of you to generalise about a whole group is it? I don't talk about Muslims on here, and yet I have to put up with all the nasty comments about Christians just because some people want a pop at two people on here.

Rags , I sometimes have a a laugh with VOD, and even a goof with Favva, but their adults like the rest of us, and they are probably rolling about on their arse on the floor when they think of ' subtle ' ways to have a dig at Muslims, and talking of generalizing ...

Come on, you know quite a few on here do that when it comes to Muslims ffs!

Favva and VOD have merely retired fir the night, wether liked or loathed, the two midnight killers are part of the forum family too! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:24 am

Sassy wrote:What about VOD?

Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect   they we're planning a plane trip were they   Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect 

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/woman-has-epic-meltdown-on-plane-screaming-god-is-my-saviour/story-fnizu68q-1226887161973
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:47 am

lovedust wrote:^^ No need to apologise... My point is: they wanted to write the word "Muslim" repeatedly... noone stopped them writing the word "Muslim" repeatedly.

Sorry, just noticed this post, but I do think the fact that they insisted on it being done for "Christian" if it was to be done for "Muslim" shows that they do indeed consider the lower-casing a sign of disrespect.

In other words, I don't think if they were just randomly lower-casing Muslim, and not doing it to show disrespect, that they would have gotten in a tizzy over it when it came to lower-casing Christian.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2