NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escape from Sobibor..

Go down

Escape from Sobibor.. Empty Escape from Sobibor..

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:26 am

Some terrible acting in this film ,but a terrific film all the same, it really hits you that it was all so real, it makes me so pissed off that most of the SS were never caught.

Back to top Go down

Escape from Sobibor.. Empty Re: Escape from Sobibor..

Post by Cass Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:42 am

The book is much better although always a treat to see Rutger Hauer.

By the by Franz Wrangle who was commandant for a time was caught and tried etc...a book about it called Into That Darkness by Gitta Sereny ....she also wrote an incredible book on Albert Speer
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:48 am

Cass wrote:The book is much better although always a treat to see Rutger Hauer.

By the by Franz Wrangle who was commandant for a time was caught and tried etc...a book about it called Into That Darkness by Gitta Sereny ....she also wrote an incredible book on Albert Speer

Never really been a reader Cass, I forget what I've read too easily!, I did watch a docu on Sky about some being caught in South America and others hiding in France and Germany etc, but only a small number were caught ..

To think they treated kids the way the did then burned or gassed them afterward is truly horrifyingly sickening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:49 am

Cass wrote:The book is much better although always a treat to see Rutger Hauer.

Btw,I did think Rutger and Alan Arkin were great in that film.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:00 am

After the show trials at Nuremberg the allies on the whole were keen to rehabilitate mid to minor level leaders because they needed them to fight the Commissar and communists and to rebuild west Germany ...the Russians were the only serious ones about punishing the Nazis but then again their hands weren't clean either.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:04 am

Cass wrote:After the show trials at Nuremberg the allies on the whole were keen to rehabilitate mid to minor level leaders because they needed them to fight the Commissar and communists and to rebuild west Germany ...the Russians were the only serious ones about punishing the Nazis but then again their hands weren't clean either.

..also Cass, I know that Hitler betrayed Stalin ?.and thank goodness he did, as without the Russians and Hitler's over expectancy fighting more than one war at once, we might never have defeated the Germans, or at very least , even more blood would have been shed and it would have gone on longer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down