NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Labour's response to Maria Miller's resignation is an embarrassing, incoherent shambles

3 posters

Go down

Labour's response to Maria Miller's resignation is an embarrassing, incoherent shambles  Empty Labour's response to Maria Miller's resignation is an embarrassing, incoherent shambles

Post by Fred Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:40 pm

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danhodges/100267162/labours-response-to-maria-millers-resignation-is-an-embarrassing-incoherent-shambles/

The mini-reshuffle has been finalised following the resignation of Maria Miller. And the reaction of the Labour Party has been embarrassing. An embarrassing, incoherent shambles.

The initial line was it was an outrage that the number of women in the cabinet had been reduced. Which it had, because Maria Miller had been replaced by Sajid Javid.

Sajid Javid is the Muslim son of a Rochdale bus driver. And as a result has experienced more barriers to his career advancement than almost all of the middle-class white women currently moaning about his appointment.

Belatedly recognising this, Labour changed tack. The new line was it was now a disgrace because there were no mothers in the cabinet. Genuinely. That was the line. No mothers. This is where Left-wing feminism has got to in 2014.

Then the appointment of Javid’s replacement was announced. It was Nicky Morgan. Unfortunately for Labour, Nicky Morgan is both a mother and a woman. So the line changed again.

She had voted against gay marriage. It was a disgrace, Labour said, that a women who had voted against gay marriage was now equalities minister. At which point Downing Street explained she wasn’t equalities minister. That brief had been handed to Sajid Javid, who as an Asian man knows a thing or two about equalities. Nicky Morgan was only going to hold the women’s brief.

At which point Labour’s attack changed again. It was a disgrace, Labour said, that the women’s minister now answered to a man. Which is true, of course. But she always did answer to a man. Unless David Cameron has been hiding something from us. Labour’s shadow women’s minister also answers to a man. Unless Gloria De Piero has become Labour leader. Or Ed Miliband has surreptitiously snatched the women’s brief from her.

So Labour tried a different tack. It was now a disgrace that Nicky Morgan was women’s minister when she had opposed gay marriage. A press release to that effect was issued by Gloria De Piero. Who as I just pointed out, is Labour’s shadow women’s minister. But is not a mother. In fact, she recently said “I’ve never had that maternal urge. I’m 40 now and I’ve always said I don’t want kids.”

So this is where we’ve got to. According to Labour it is a disgrace an Asian man now has responsibility for equalities issues. And it is a disgrace the Conservative minister for women now answers to a man, even though she always has, and even though Labour’s women’s minister answers to a man, and always has. It’s a disgrace there aren’t any mothers in the cabinet. And it’s also a disgrace that a mother has been promoted to attend the cabinet as women’s minister, because she didn’t vote for gay marriage. And the person who’s been sent out to say all this is Labour’s shadow women’s minister, who also isn’t a mother, and has said categorically she doesn’t want to be a mother.

And Labour has the front to say David Cameron has made a mess of the Maria Miller affair.

Labour couldn't run a bath I'm glad to see the back of Miller but even with an own goal by Cameron they can't get it right. Pitiful.

Fred
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Labour's response to Maria Miller's resignation is an embarrassing, incoherent shambles  Empty Re: Labour's response to Maria Miller's resignation is an embarrassing, incoherent shambles

Post by Irn Bru Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:29 am

And that post was made by Brother Drinky on behalf of the former GMB trade union official Dan Hodges.

lol! 

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Labour's response to Maria Miller's resignation is an embarrassing, incoherent shambles  Empty Re: Labour's response to Maria Miller's resignation is an embarrassing, incoherent shambles

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:11 pm

Alright said Fred wrote:http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danhodges/100267162/labours-response-to-maria-millers-resignation-is-an-embarrassing-incoherent-shambles/
The mini-reshuffle has been finalised following the resignation of Maria Miller. And the reaction of the Labour Party has been embarrassing. An embarrassing, incoherent shambles.
The initial line was it was an outrage that the number of women in the cabinet had been reduced. Which it had, because Maria Miller had been replaced by Sajid Javid.
Sajid Javid is the Muslim son of a Rochdale bus driver. And as a result has experienced more barriers to his career advancement than almost all of the middle-class white women currently moaning about his appointment.
Belatedly recognising this, Labour changed tack. The new line was it was now a disgrace because there were no mothers in the cabinet. Genuinely. That was the line. No mothers. This is where Left-wing feminism has got to in 2014.
Then the appointment of Javid’s replacement was announced. It was Nicky Morgan. Unfortunately for Labour, Nicky Morgan is both a mother and a woman. So the line changed again.
She had voted against gay marriage. It was a disgrace, Labour said, that a women who had voted against gay marriage was now equalities minister. At which point Downing Street explained she wasn’t equalities minister. That brief had been handed to Sajid Javid, who as an Asian man knows a thing or two about equalities. Nicky Morgan was only going to hold the women’s brief.
At which point Labour’s attack changed again. It was a disgrace, Labour said, that the women’s minister now answered to a man. Which is true, of course. But she always did answer to a man. Unless David Cameron has been hiding something from us. Labour’s shadow women’s minister also answers to a man. Unless Gloria De Piero has become Labour leader. Or Ed Miliband has surreptitiously snatched the women’s brief from her.
So Labour tried a different tack. It was now a disgrace that Nicky Morgan was women’s minister when she had opposed gay marriage. A press release to that effect was issued by Gloria De Piero. Who as I just pointed out, is Labour’s shadow women’s minister. But is not a mother. In fact, she recently said “I’ve never had that maternal urge. I’m 40 now and I’ve always said I don’t want kids.”
So this is where we’ve got to. According to Labour it is a disgrace an Asian man now has responsibility for equalities issues. And it is a disgrace the Conservative minister for women now answers to a man, even though she always has, and even though Labour’s women’s minister answers to a man, and always has. It’s a disgrace there aren’t any mothers in the cabinet. And it’s also a disgrace that a mother has been promoted to attend the cabinet as women’s minister, because she didn’t vote for gay marriage. And the person who’s been sent out to say all this is Labour’s shadow women’s minister, who also isn’t a mother, and has said categorically she doesn’t want to be a mother.
And Labour has the front to say David Cameron has made a mess of the Maria Miller affair.
Labour couldn't run a bath I'm glad to see the back of Miller but even with an own goal by Cameron they can't get it right. Pitiful.

Brilliant!
Smile
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:25 pm

And following on from Brother Drinky applauding the views of former GMB trade union official Dan Hodges up pops Brother Monk to do likewise.

Excellent stuff Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down