NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study: Moderate jogging better than both lots of running and sedentary lifestyle

2 posters

Go down

Study: Moderate jogging better than both lots of running and sedentary lifestyle Empty Study: Moderate jogging better than both lots of running and sedentary lifestyle

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:56 pm

A new study warns that people who pound the pavement constantly have a shorter lifespan than moderate runners.

Researchers in Pennsylvania followed dedicated runners, 70 per cent of whom ran more than 20 miles a week.

They monitored everything from family history to painkiller use.

They found both high mileage runners and couch potatoes had shorter longevity than moderate runners.

One cardiologist says there’s a sweet spot for jogging to get the most health benefits: aim for a slow to moderate pace two to three times a week for a maximum of two and a half hours.

http://www.660news.com/2014/04/02/running-too-much-can-kill-you-study/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Study: Moderate jogging better than both lots of running and sedentary lifestyle Empty Re: Study: Moderate jogging better than both lots of running and sedentary lifestyle

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:14 pm

I would only jog on a proper track or sand, i think the impact on ankles and knees from running on pavements is far to great..

Back to top Go down

Study: Moderate jogging better than both lots of running and sedentary lifestyle Empty Re: Study: Moderate jogging better than both lots of running and sedentary lifestyle

Post by eddie Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:I would only jog on a proper track or sand, i think the impact on ankles and knees from running on pavements is far to great..

I agree it's damaging to your knee cartilages.

I actually prefer speed-walking though I look stupid lol
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:00 pm

eddie wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:I would only jog on a proper track or sand, i think the impact on ankles and knees from running on pavements is far to great..

I actually prefer  speed-walking though I look stupid lol

speed walking is as good for you as jogging and far less impact on the joints but yeah the wiggle on your butt you get can be funny to the spectators..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:02 pm

EVERYONE looks stupid speed-walking, though Smile

These days I'm wearing a support on each knee and taking glucosamine to try to keep my knees from deteriorating. I used to run quite a bit but I've had to back off a lot.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
eddie wrote:

I actually prefer  speed-walking though I look stupid lol

speed walking is as good for you as jogging and far less impact on the joints but yeah the wiggle on your butt you get can be funny to the spectators..lol

HAHAHAHAHA especially when people have their knickers up their crack  Shocked 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:06 pm

eddie wrote:

lol yeah that never looks good, i think that mirrors are actually a view in to an alternate universe because some people cannot be seeing the real them in their mirror... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:33 pm

eddie wrote:

lol yeah that never looks good, i think that mirrors are actually a view in to an alternate universe because some people cannot be seeing the real them in their mirror... Smile 

Lol the sights my OH sees up,London you would not believe.......
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:37 pm

eddie wrote:

lol I dread to think and i bet they think they look great..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:10 pm

eddie wrote:

lol I dread to think and i bet they think they look great..lol

It's this bike riders......bums up, cheap see through leggings on....white knickers
You can imagine!  lol! 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down