NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslim-run food charities springing up to help London's poor

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Muslim-run food charities springing up to help London's poor - Page 2 Empty Muslim-run food charities springing up to help London's poor

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Muslim-run food charities springing up to help London's poor - Page 2 Sufra-food-bank-Kilburn-007

The Sufra food bank, run from a small community centre on a north-west London housing estate, is in high demand. The Muslim charity's Wednesday afternoon session sees a constant stream of people coming to claim food packages: young couples, men on their own and mothers trying to keep toddlers quiet.

Ali Jawad, a 22-year-old business student and regular volunteer, takes some details from another Sufra "guest" and begins to fill blue plastic bags with cereal, soup cans, pasta, rice, biscuits and baby food. The amount given depends on the size of the family, but is designed to get each one through the next five days.

"It's been a real eye-opener," says Jawad. "You know poverty is out there, but you don't always see it. So to speak to single mothers who can't afford food for their child, or someone walking miles across London to get here, it can be heartbreaking. We try to be a friendly face as well as providing the food they need."

Food banks in the UK are overwhelmingly operated by church-affiliated groups, including the 421 outlets run by Christian charity, the Trussell Trust. Yet Sufra, meaning "come to the table" in Arabic, is one of a growing number of Muslim organisations also attempting to tackle food poverty.

Like many Christians motivated by their faith to help others, giving to the less fortunate is an important tenet of Islam. Voluntary donations and charity work (Sadaqah) among British Muslims have typically been geared towards poverty relief projects overseas. But Sufra organisers say many Muslims now "increasingly feel they have a responsibility to the wider community and the problems here in Britain".

Sufra and parent charity Al-Mizan (which provides grants of up to £500 to individuals in crisis across the UK) offer support to anyone in need, regardless of religion or ethnic background. Halal and non-halal foods are available: cans of pork sausages are carefully marked out with red stickers.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/apr/02/Muslim-groups-food-banks-tackle-poverty

Last edited by Ben_Reilly on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Muslim-run food charities springing up to help London's poor - Page 2 Empty Re: Muslim-run food charities springing up to help London's poor

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:00 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:

Piss off Didge I find this crap fucking boring.
[quote]

Back to how you first posted to me, your true colours shinning through Stephen.

You find it boring yet made endless pages yourself dishing out shit over nothing.

Double standards me thinks and point proven

Never mind sonny, my work is done

Back to top Go down

Muslim-run food charities springing up to help London's poor - Page 2 Empty Re: Muslim-run food charities springing up to help London's poor

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:
Didge wrote:

Its not an insult when you tried to look smart and ended up looking a dummy

OK, I'll play, Fuck off you sanctimonious prat ! How many pages do you want to keep this up for.  Rolling Eyes
its his entertainment i reckon loving it though  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

Lol

Does he makes the rules over his faith Eddie, where commands are written?

::D::

Well someone once said to me, you can never know how you'll act in any given situation.
Someone also said, don't ever judge someone else as you don't know what they're going through at any given time.

So,perhaps he wouldn't care about commands.  Smile 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:03 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

I am afraid you do not make the rules with your faith dummy ha ha ha ha ha

I never made the rules on hypothetical questions either, they just have to be realistic, yours was not, what is realistic is the rules of what is taught in your faith, so either you are Christian or not

I love this ha ha

Hypothetical questions don't have to be realistic didge.
This was taken from a website offering advice to interviewees:

Hypothetical questions
Some interviewers like to pose hypothetical questions, or questions that you could not be expected to have anticipated. These questions are used precisely because it's impossible to work out your answer before the interview.

And one of the questions posed to someone was:
"You are a shepherd in the Scottish Highlands, a dam is about to burst due to heavy rain, you come across the dam keeper with a broken leg, obtained as he was trying to reach the village below the dam to warn them of the danger. You have your flock of sheep to get in from the inclement weather. What would you do?"!

Which is an off-the-cuff scenario.

Of course, we all know your answer at the interview will just be the one you think you'd do.
But you'd still answer  lol! 

Couldn't resist.

Back on topic please!

lol what was unrealistic about it Eddie?

Ha ha

You still do not get the point over being faced with knowing you could only save one being unrealistic or how the question was stacked against making other choices but you also ignored other choices could be made, which you though refused to accept, because you though people would instinctively make a racial choice, which was daft

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:03 pm

Didge wrote:
Stephenmarra wrote:

Piss off Didge I find this crap fucking boring.

Back to how you first posted to me, your true colours shinning through Stephen.

You find it boring yet made endless pages yourself dishing out shit over nothing.

Double standards me thinks and point proven

Never mind sonny, my work is done

Is this you fishing ? because I'm not going to bite.
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:03 pm

Didge, however much I agree with you about racism, you are a fool, of the first order, medals et all.

It was not over nothing, Quill had made some very serious PERSONAL allegations on open forum.

You on the other hand go on page after page with 'sonny' and all the other ridiculous stuff you come up with to try and make yourself sound superior. It's pathetic and boring as fuck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:05 pm

Catman wrote:
Sassy wrote:Oh Didge for pity's sake!   Can we not have all the 'egg on face, need a tissue', owned etc etc etc, just for once.

[size=10.857142448425293]This post was made by [/size][size=10.857142448425293]Didge[/size][size=10.857142448425293] who is currently on your ignore list. [/size][size=10.857142448425293]Display this post[/size][size=10.857142448425293].[/size]  Cool Cool Cool

RW scum cretin.

[size=10.857142448425293]This post was made by [/size][size=10.857142448425293]Didge[/size][size=10.857142448425293] who is currently on your ignore list. [/size][size=10.857142448425293]Display this post[/size][size=10.857142448425293].[/size]

we don't agree on much but this we certainly do Phil  ::D:: 

unless you have me on ignore now lol

Last edited by VOD(original) on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:06 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Does he makes the rules over his faith Eddie, where commands are written?

Well someone once said to me, you can never know how you'll act in any given situation.
Someone also said, don't ever judge someone else as you don't know what they're going through at any given time.

So,perhaps he wouldn't care about  commands.   Smile 

He has to care about the commands. that is part of his faith or otherwise his faith in Jesus is meaningless.
If he thinks it is okay to kill, do you think that is what Jesus taught or how it means to be Christian.

Eddie I will wrap you around in circles on this, but be my guest as am in a great mood tonight.

He may not care about the commands, but as a Christian he still goes against his faith

Oh dear ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:07 pm

Sassy wrote:Didge, however much I agree with you about racism, you are a fool, of the first order, medals et all.

It was not over nothing, Quill had made some very serious PERSONAL allegations on open forum.  

You on the other hand go on page after page with 'sonny' and all the other ridiculous stuff you come up with to try and make yourself sound superior.   It's pathetic and boring as fuck.

And you are a twat sassy so now we know where we stand, because I find some of your twisted attacks on posters utterly pathetic and of a gang mentality, so stick it up your pipe hole you old bat

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Stephenmarra wrote:
Didge wrote:

Really, I reeled you in son and you were biting every reply you made

Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:10 pm

://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:

nice one sass

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:11 pm

Didge wrote:
Stephenmarra wrote:

Really, I reeled you in son and you were biting every reply you made

Smile 

Says the man that was taken in hook line and sinker by JD and Ben.  ::smthg::

Last edited by Stephenmarra on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:11 pm

VOD(original) wrote:
Catman wrote:

This post was made by Didge who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.  Cool Cool Cool

RW scum cretin.

This post was made by Didge who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

He's a fucking argumentative prick, he's so far up his own arse, that he can't see the wood for the trees! ::slap:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:12 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

So,perhaps he wouldn't care about  commands.   Smile 

He has to care about the commands. that is part of his faith or otherwise his faith in Jesus is meaningless.
If he thinks it is okay to kill, do you think that is what Jesus taught or how it means to be Christian.

Eddie I will wrap you around in circles on this, but be my guest as am in a great mood tonight.

He may not care about the commands, but as a Christian he still goes against his faith

Oh dear ha ha

So hypothetically you could do what you liked in his question?
But he can't.

You wrapped yourself in circles didge. Ask anyone on here; you always do!

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:12 pm

Didge wrote:
Sassy wrote:Didge, however much I agree with you about racism, you are a fool, of the first order, medals et all.

You on the other hand go on page after page with 'sonny' and all the other ridiculous stuff you come up with to try and make yourself sound superior.   It's pathetic and boring as fuck.

And you are a twat sassy so now we know where we stand, because I find some of your twisted attacks on posters utterly pathetic and of a gang mentality, so stick it up your pipe hole you old bat

Thanks

Good lord, you have had lessons from Bee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

lol! lol! lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:12 pm

my God i have to agree with sassy about didge being as boring as f... constantly trying to get the upper hand , i think your going to lose with stephenmarra he is intelligent didge , give it up while you still can  lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:15 pm

Catman wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:

This post was made by Didge who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

He's a fucking argumentative prick, he's so far up his own arse, that he can't see the wood for the trees! ::slap:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 
spot on phil wow 2 things we agree on this is getting serious  Basketball

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:16 pm

Sassy wrote:Oh Didge for pity's sake!   Can we not have all the 'egg on face, need a tissue', owned etc etc etc, just for once.

This post was made by Didge who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post. ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: ::D:: 

progressive cretin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:17 pm

wow how many have didge on ignore so far ?

who has me on ignore  :curtsy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:18 pm

Sassy wrote:
Didge wrote:

Thanks

lol! lol! lol! 

Hey you again started the insults and returning them in kind me old chestnut, so again I return in kind.

Though I guess you miss me castigating those on inaflap calling you a dog, but guess you did not know that, hence I do not go on the attck but repay others how they call me

Hence you were being a twat here because of your like of Stephen, made you the dummy also when it wa between me and him

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:19 pm

VOD(original) wrote:wow how many have didge on ignore so far ?

lol what and miss all the funny things he says....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:20 pm

Hilarious, you have me on ignore and yet constantly talk about me ha ha

What a freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:21 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:

Well GIG, its like this...I havnt got room on my screen for 50 pages of waffle and mindless twaddle to the simple question of "would you like a cup of tea" ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ::rfth:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:22 pm

Didge wrote:
Sassy wrote:

lol! lol! lol! 

Hey you again started the insults and returning them in kind me old chestnut, so again I return in kind.

Though I guess you miss me castigating those on inaflap calling you a dog, but guess you did not know that, hence I do not go on the attck but repay others how they call me

Hence you were being a twat here because of your like of Stephen, made you the dummy also when it wa between me and him

You really don't get it Didge, it's not because of your views, it's because of the way you express them, it drives people nuts, and that is the truth.

If you would just discuss things without all the pompous prat attitude and the condescending rubbish we'd get on fine, because we agree on a lot of things, but the truth of the matter is, you make people want to belt you over the head with a blunt object - frequently.

Last edited by Sassy on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

He's the only current one in my case, i gave up trying to put the Drinky ID's on ignore, just completely lost track of them all now!

Back to top Go down

victorisnotamused wrote:

Well GIG, its like this...I havnt got room on my screen for 50 pages of waffle and mindless twaddle to the simple question of "would you like a cup of tea" ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ::rfth:: 

lol! lol! 

you do have a point victor...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:28 pm

Sassy wrote:
Didge wrote:

You really don't get it Didge, it's not because of your views, it's because of the way you express them, it drives people nuts, and that is the truth.

If you would just discussing things without all the pompous prat attitude and the condescending rubbish we'd get on fine, because we agree on a lot of things, but the truth of the matter is, you make people want to belt you over the head with a blunt object - frequently.

Hilarious, have you read your own views about others?

When you start to then you may have the opportunity to say on mine, until then, I really do not think you Have a leg to stand on, again I have stood up for you countless times, but as seen, it is never replicated, you take sides when there was no need to here

As to poor Victor the old fuckwit still wound up being told he argued views of the Nazi's taking offense , spitting his dummy out, yet when he called me an actual Nazi countless times, double standards and banning me because he censor views on his forum going, which is against his own principles makes me laugh in his face so much. Please continue you mindless bore, who now seeks assurance from people he slagged off for years on his own forum, the god squad, showing what a hypocrite he is and a twat ha ha

Poor sad old victor

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:32 pm

I don't have didge on ignore. We argue, we fights, I get on his tits he gets on mine, but he's ok actually.
He does go on a lot but I stop reading the thread and then I'm ok.

Pointless putting people on ignore; it's a debate forum.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:34 pm

eddie wrote:I don't have didge on ignore. We argue, we fights, I get on his tits he gets on mine, but he's ok actually.
He does go on a lot but I stop reading the thread and then I'm ok.

Pointless putting people on ignore; it's a debate forum.

Bingo Eddie, people who do that, cannot counter, even more so when all they do is then slag off that person, it shows how cowardly they are

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:36 pm

didge's circular arguments can get very boring though, i once run a lottery to see how long it would be on the next thread he commented on before he declared himself the winner, i won 20 quid that night...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:didge's circular arguments can get very boring though, i once run a lottery to see how long it would be on the next thread he commented on before he declared himself the winner, i won 20 quid that night...lol

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Seriously did he just circular, after his own countless failures to answer questions

Oh my

If that was the case, everyone would have you on ignore if that was a reason

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:38 pm

Didge wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:didge's circular arguments can get very boring though, i once run a lottery to see how long it would be on the next thread he commented on before he declared himself the winner, i won 20 quid that night...lol

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Seriously did he just circular, after his own countless failures to answer questions

Oh my

i'm well happy 20 quid up keep posting... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:39 pm

Sassy wrote:
Didge wrote:

If you would just discuss things without all the pompous prat attitude and the condescending rubbish we'd get on fine, because we agree on a lot of things, but the truth of the matter is, you make people want to belt you over the head with a blunt object - frequently.
bloody hell sassy you making me laugh my head of here with your sayings  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:39 pm

Didge wrote:

Oh my

Guess English is not your first language then

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:41 pm

This is brilliant news!!Smile

Just a pity one of our Muslim 'experts' never posted it rather than the usual racist bile...

Well done to these folk.Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:44 pm

what you on about JD , what moslem experts ?? Ben posted it and its good news people getting involved no matter religion when people are hungry we need to put religion to one side and all get along .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:45 pm

Didge wrote:

no it isn't, i said that on sky all those years ago...

what's your excuse.... lol! lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:47 pm

Didge wrote:

no it isn't, i said that on sky all those years ago...

what's your excuse.... lol! lol! 

That was poor English ha ha

Never mind dummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:48 pm

VOD(original) wrote:what you on about JD , what moslem experts ?? Ben posted it and its good news people getting involved no matter religion when people are hungry we need to put religion to one side and all get along .

Absolutely VOD, I totally agree...

I'm just saying there are few members who of they knew this beforehand would never have posted such a positive thing about Muslims.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Joy Division wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:what you on about JD , what moslem experts ?? Ben posted it and its good news people getting involved no matter religion when people are hungry we need to put religion to one side and all get along .

I'm just saying there are few members who of they knew this beforehand would never have posted such a positive thing about Muslims. 
oh i don't know if that's the case JD its great to see , did you read that post about the Pastor letting the local muslem group use his church for their prayers because they didn't have  building ? I think that's a very kind and generous thing to do and yes it was frowned upon by many Christians but like he explained Jesus loves everyone and showing them kindness is the best way to all work together in a community .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:33 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

oh well im taking a page out of your book and changing the options like you did on my thread

i make the rules here

I am afraid you do not make the rules with your faith dummy ha ha ha ha ha

I never made the rules on hypothetical questions either, they just have to be realistic, yours was not, what is realistic is the rules of what is taught in your faith, so either you are Christian or not

I love this ha ha

Of course you don't make the rules on MY hypothetical scenario

You simply ignored them because you're a racist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:43 pm

VOD(original) wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

oh i don't know if that's the case JD its great to see , did you read that post about the Pastor letting the local muslem group use his church for their prayers because they didn't have  building ? I think that's a very kind and generous thing to do and yes it was frowned upon by many Christians but like he explained Jesus loves everyone and showing them kindness is the best way to all work together in a community .

...I did VOD and I totally agree it was a very good thing to do showing a caring side for all humanity Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2