NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neil deGrasse Tyson Proves Creationists Wrong on Age of The Universe

+2
Ben Reilly
Lurker
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Neil deGrasse Tyson Proves Creationists Wrong on Age of The Universe - Page 2 Empty Neil deGrasse Tyson Proves Creationists Wrong on Age of The Universe

Post by Lurker Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

“The Crab Nebula is about 6,500 light years from Earth,” Tyson said. “According to some beliefs, that’s the age of the whole universe, but if the universe were only 6,500 years old, how could we see light from anything more distant than the Crab Nebula? We couldn’t.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/01/neil-degrasse-tyson-trolls-creationists-on-cosmos-with-puny-size-of-biblical-universe/
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Neil deGrasse Tyson Proves Creationists Wrong on Age of The Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: Neil deGrasse Tyson Proves Creationists Wrong on Age of The Universe

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:28 pm

Eilzel wrote:As an example of your dense 'the Bible never says' argument. Imagine I write an autobiography. I never mention my age or how long ago I was born. But the book clearly records each passing year up to the present.

Could you, from my autobiography, use it to figure out my age? Yes or no.

and you think the bible is an autobiography..lol...

Back to top Go down

Neil deGrasse Tyson Proves Creationists Wrong on Age of The Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: Neil deGrasse Tyson Proves Creationists Wrong on Age of The Universe

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:38 pm

No, it is a hypothetical question to make a point. But you are too stupid to understand, so forget it.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Eilzel wrote:No, it is a hypothetical question to make a point. But you are too stupid to understand, so forget it.

lol no it was just another pathetic attempt to make a point that had no relevance... Smile 

as usual.................... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:53 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
Eilzel wrote:No, it is a hypothetical question to make a point. But you are too stupid to understand, so forget it.

lol no it was just another pathetic attempt to make a point that had no relevance... Smile 

No, it's the fact that the Bible contains enough information about when people were born and how long they've lived that it is possible to calculate the approximate date that Creation would have had to occurred if the Bible is true.

Those calculations have been done by Church officials such as the Anglican Archbishop of Armagh, James Ussher, who reasoned that God created the world around the year 4,000 BC.

So Eilzel's points are perfectly apt -- that given a book with enough information, such as an autobiography, one could make deductions, like when certain things were supposed to have happened; and that you are too stupid to understand that analogy.  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:05 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

No, it's the fact that the Bible contains enough information about when people were born and how long they've lived that it is possible to calculate the approximate date that Creation would have had to occurred if the Bible is true.

Those calculations have been done by Church officials such as the Anglican Archbishop of Armagh, James Ussher, who reasoned that God created the world around the year 4,000 BC.

So Eilzel's points are perfectly apt -- that given a book with enough information, such as an autobiography, one could make deductions, like when certain things were supposed to have happened; and that you are too stupid to understand that analogy.  ::D:: 

Thanks Ben; the problem when 'conversing' with GIG is that you actually sometimes start to think you are not being clear enough- so thanks for reassuring me that it wasn't my questioning that was the problem  Laughing 

Of course our mutual friend here will still duck the point, fail at understanding, and completely evade the question  Rolling Eyes 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:18 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Thanks Ben; the problem when 'conversing' with GIG is that you actually sometimes start to think you are not being clear enough- so thanks for reassuring me that it wasn't my questioning that was the problem  Laughing 

Of course our mutual friend here will still duck the point, fail at understanding, and completely evade the question  Rolling Eyes 

lol, no need to duck the point at all....

the bible uses the term olam in its explanation of how old the earth is, some don't even realise the bible contains two floods, perhaps you should look in to that, why do you think in genesis it says replenish the Earth...?... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:22 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I think he understands more than he lets on, actually -- but he realizes it frustrates us when he seems not to understand, so he pretends not to.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:48 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I think he understands more than he lets on, actually -- but he realizes it frustrates us when he seems not to understand, so he pretends not to.

I suppose, an easy way to get around answering difficult questions  Cool 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:14 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Oh look the two Christophobes agreeing with and validating each others point

Convenient that

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:58 pm

And what point can you make, Smelly, in the context of this discussion about Creationists and the age of the Earth?

I'd like to read your opinion and what you believe.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Hm, 3 days later and no answer. Come on Smelly, try debating and giving your ideas and beliefs, after all, this is a discussion forum.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:27 pm

the bible says the earth is ancient, a word used means a time beyond comprehension, so its not 5000 years is it ..

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 pm

And that's an easy one to counteract. To people of Biblical times, the concept of billions of years was beyond their knowledge, let alone their comprehension. Ancient, to them, would have been in the hundreds, possibly thousands, but that's all.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2