NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Civil partners still cannot marry today

+3
Eilzel
Fluffyx
gerber
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Civil partners still cannot marry today - Page 2 Empty Civil partners still cannot marry today

Post by gerber Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:59 am

First topic message reminder :

‘As all the same-sex couples make their vows this weekend, they will be making history,’ said Clegg.
‘Finally, after years of campaigning, any couple who wants to get married can get married. Together we have made our country a place where we celebrate love equally, gay or straight – and for that reason we should all be raising a glass.
http://sosogay.co.uk/2014/whitehall-fly-rainbow-flags-celebrate-equal-marriage/

Not correct again is Mr Cloggy.  

A gay couple from Barnsley are threatening legal action against the government after discovering they will not be able to marry on 29 March, when the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act comes into force, because they are already in a civil partnership."

When they went to book a registrar for their wedding, they were told they could not marry unless they first formally dissolved their civil partnership – in effect getting a divorce.

Dissolution of a civil partnership is only possible on grounds of unreasonable behaviour, two years' desertion, two year's separation (with the respondent's consent), or five years' separation (without consent).
"For us this is about equality," said Paul. "But it's not just the principle of the situation – there are legal and practical difficulties if we were forced to divorce. If our civil partnership were dissolved there would be a period of time when we would not be each other's next of kin, for example."
The men want to raise awareness of the problem, believing that many other couples may unknowingly be in the same situation.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jan/24/gay-couple-sue-uk-same-sex-marriage-civil-partnership

MR Cloggy a lkttle short with the facts again................. But gives him good media coverage.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Civil partners still cannot marry today - Page 2 Empty Re: Civil partners still cannot marry today

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:43 pm

Eilzel wrote:
VOD(original) wrote:Les what sinister agenda have i mentioned  ?

That 'the gays' want to use this to go further and force churches to go against their faith.

Les gays have pushed for legal marriage now don't tell me that gay Christians who want to marry in church won't push for it .

Back to top Go down

Civil partners still cannot marry today - Page 2 Empty Re: Civil partners still cannot marry today

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:21 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

The right to be free from criticism

And the right to accuse anyone who does criticise or disagree a homophobe

Bullshit, gay people are criticized all the time. And they do have the right to criticize you back (call you a bigot) but that's not an extra right you cowardly idiot ...

Do you really want me to make another hypothetical thread and watch how many people shit their pants trying not to answer it??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:41 pm

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:30 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

The right to be free from criticism

And the right to accuse anyone who does criticise or disagree a homophobe

Bullshit, gay people are criticized all the time. And they do have the right to criticize you back (call you a bigot) but that's not an extra right you cowardly idiot ...

Do you really want me to make another hypothetical thread and watch how many people shit their pants trying not to answer it??

Go ahead, I think we could all use some more laughs ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:31 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Please god no.
People on here have no imagination.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:37 am

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Please god no.
People on here have no imagination.

Whose been getting pampered.......
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:55 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Yeah because you all love my are you a racist thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2