NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two people in the UK develop TB caught from domestic cats

3 posters

Go down

Two people in the UK develop TB caught from domestic cats Empty Two people in the UK develop TB caught from domestic cats

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:54 am

They're just announcing this on Sky - I'll look out for more details on it. I do hope this isn't true - some people want any excuse to 'cull' animals...

Back to top Go down

Two people in the UK develop TB caught from domestic cats Empty Re: Two people in the UK develop TB caught from domestic cats

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:57 am

Tesstacious wrote:They're just announcing this on Sky - I'll look out for more details on it.   I do hope this isn't true - some people want any excuse to 'cull' animals...

Cull the lot of em I say.

Dogs too - they are all an unnecessary blight on this country.

Back to top Go down

Two people in the UK develop TB caught from domestic cats Empty Re: Two people in the UK develop TB caught from domestic cats

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:57 am

I love cats, I would risk having them around even if there were a risk..

does this mean they should cull foreigners who bring diseases in to Britain...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:58 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:They're just announcing this on Sky - I'll look out for more details on it.   I do hope this isn't true - some people want any excuse to 'cull' animals...

Go fuck yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:59 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:I love cats, I would risk having them around even if there were a risk..

I asked a similar question a couple of months ago God.

We put animals down for the smallest of things.

Why do we not put people down?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:00 am

Tesstacious wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Go fuck yourself.

Make me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:02 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:I love cats, I would risk having them around even if there were a risk..

I asked a similar question a couple of months ago God.

We put animals down for the smallest of things.

Why do we not put people down?

I remember doing a thread called they shoot horses don't they, obviously about life quality and where and when to end a human life if they want, I don't think it went too well...

the fact remains though that the foreigners have brought diseases with them and I guess it can only get worse..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:05 am

From June last year:

A study at University of Edinburgh found that the disease, which is caused by a bacterial infection, is more common among domestic cats than previously thought.

Experts estimated that up to 100 out of every 100,000 cats could be infected with Mycobacteria, which include those that can cause tuberculosis, with around a fifth of these being the bacterium found in cattle and badgers.

Veterinarians believe domestic cats could be catching the disease by venturing into badger setts or from rodents that have been in badger setts. They could also catch it directly from cattle or from infected milk.

While the findings may raise fears that domestic pets are helping to spread TB among cattle, vets said the risk to human health was of greater concern.

Most people in Britain have been vaccinated against tuberculosis with the BCG jab, which should offer protection against bovine TB. However, a growing number of people have not been inoculated.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/petshealth/10150363/Cats-being-infected-with-TB-could-be-risk-to-owners-vets-warn.html

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:11 pm

andy,if your feeling alone and un-loved get a cat or dog and see what your missing!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:13 pm

nicko wrote:andy,if your feeling alone and un-loved get a cat or dog and see what your missing!

I tend to hang around humans, mainly.

edit: and cats and dogs would tend to hang around their own species, if humans would only let them...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Two people have caught tuberculosis after contact with infected cats, public health experts have warned. It is the first time that TB has been transmitted from cats to humans.

Public Health England (PHE) and the Animal Health and Veterinary Laboratories Agency (AHVLA) investigated an outbreak of TB in nine cats in Berkshire and Hampshire last year. As a precaution, 39 people who had been in close contact with the animals, were offered TB screening. Two were found to have the active disease with exactly the same strain of Mycobacterium bovis carried by the cats.

http://news.sky.com/story/1232837/tb-humans-catch-disease-from-domestic-cats

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:57 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:

Wish we could 'cull' you!!!!
 Twisted Evil 
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:01 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Wish we could 'cull' you!!!!
 Twisted Evil 

I have been culled - there were lots of me 50 years ago.

Now I stand alone.  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:07 pm

Well, now it's time to finish the job!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:07 pm

Sassy wrote:Well, now it's time to finish the job!

Put em up!  ::lightsab:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:49 pm

No, I'd have an unfair advantage Andy  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:24 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
nicko wrote:andy,if your feeling alone and un-loved get a cat or dog and see what your missing!

edit: and cats and dogs would tend to hang around their own species, if humans would only let them...

Lol I can't help but like some of your posts Andy.
Have to say I love dogs though.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:05 pm

the rate of t.b. cases in this country is rising,due to the influx of immigration. all immigrants should be checked for this disease before they are allowed in.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:08 pm

eddie wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

You like the thought of cats being culled?
Perhaps a better idea would be to cull people like you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:48 pm

nicko wrote:the rate of t.b. cases in this country is rising,due to the influx of immigration.  all immigrants should be checked for this disease before they are allowed in.

that is right, I agree... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Catman wrote:
eddie wrote:

Really Phil?
And did you check which exact post I replied to of Andy's?

Stupid.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:10 pm

eddie wrote:
Catman wrote:

Really Phil?

Stupid.

You've always been very anti cat, so don't think that i've made a mistake there.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:23 pm

Catman wrote:
eddie wrote:

Really Phil?

Stupid.

You've always been very anti cat, so don't think that i've made a mistake there.

I don't wish for them to be culled. I just don't like them.
Don't assume what I'm thinking Phil. You always do that and you're very often wrong.
It annoys the hell out of me.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:56 pm

I think it would be a difficult job to have every domestic cat culled

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:42 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:From June last year:

A study at University of Edinburgh found that the disease, which is caused by a bacterial infection, is more common among domestic cats than previously thought.

Experts estimated that up to 100 out of every 100,000 cats could be infected with Mycobacteria, which include those that can cause tuberculosis, with around a fifth of these being the bacterium found in cattle and badgers.

Veterinarians believe domestic cats could be catching the disease by venturing into badger setts or from rodents that have been in badger setts. They could also catch it directly from cattle or from infected milk.

While the findings may raise fears that domestic pets are helping to spread TB among cattle, vets said the risk to human health was of greater concern.

Most people in Britain have been vaccinated against tuberculosis with the BCG jab, which should offer protection against bovine TB. However, a growing number of people have not been inoculated.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/petshealth/10150363/Cats-being-infected-with-TB-could-be-risk-to-owners-vets-warn.html

Sounds very much to me like someone is trying to gain more support for an extension to the (failed) badger cull.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:51 pm

personally I'd still rather have my cats than a lot of people....

from a cat, you cant catch

measles
smallpox
malaria
colds
(aids
syphyllis
gonorhoea
clamydia)...no matter WHAT you do with them (yeuk)
hepatitis a, b OR c
and many many other human ailments....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down