NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you make of a person that wrote a letter like this?

4 posters

Go down

What would you make of a person that wrote a letter like this? Empty What would you make of a person that wrote a letter like this?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:28 am

So, you thought you could get away from me by going to prison for a stretch did ya? Sorry buddy but after waiting for ages to hear from lucy my luch changed when jay called asking after you. He had your mums number and i got your details from her.Lucy texted later then same day so all is sorted.

Your Mum said you are out in 2.5 is that correct? And what happened about the two *scrubbed out* i had the cops at my door looking for J about three weeks back!!

My home phone number is not working at the mo,the base station broke n! i aint got around to getting another so u can't call me unless you use ***********(mobile)

My news is no news lol except don't worry about my health i'm fine for now in fact i'm in better shape than lads ten years younger.
Have cut down on drinking and am seriously trying on smokin.
Still getting a regular rinsing from G but i'm letting that happen so must like it i do accept that i'm always skint.Need to stop that really.

I found a job which i think is perfect for me...advertising people leaving the care system on how to go about getting started in the world etc, housing, finance, yknow...it's two days a week in Manchester pays more than i earn for six days a week atm.You guessed it i reckon i wont het it cos of my crim record but its worth trying.

Anyway How are you holding up I know it was v tough for you this time after so long out....but i think this will be your last one cos i could tell when we last spoke on the phone it was real difficult for you to face this one,But its done dude nad u come out clean so i suggest education education education gym and i guess a job cod i'm not in a postion to help much at all right now tho i will when i can.Get back to me asap so i knows all ok.

:\\:[: :\\:[: :\\:[: 

....Was sent to me in error by a mate.

Back to top Go down

What would you make of a person that wrote a letter like this? Empty Re: What would you make of a person that wrote a letter like this?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:35 am

...Doug hates him, he says that he is very bad news, but i've known him since i was 19, so i would suppose i block things out...Doug wants me to cut off all contact.

Back to top Go down

What would you make of a person that wrote a letter like this? Empty Re: What would you make of a person that wrote a letter like this?

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:17 am

I would think that's one fucked-up individual!

I once found a note on the ground when I was out doing something, it looked for the life of me like a love-note from a young girl to her teacher ... and it sounded like they were well beyond the schoolgirl crush phase  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:58 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I would think that's one fucked-up individual!

I once found a note on the ground when I was out doing something, it looked for the life of me like a love-note from a young girl to her teacher ... and it sounded like they were well beyond the schoolgirl crush phase  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

What's fucked up about him? I so love the Left's caring attitude - okay when dealing with their "accepted victims", but when it comes to normal people who've had a hard life and are trying to turn things round - well they can go fuck themselves!

Last paragraph: "come out clean so i suggest education education education gym and i guess a job cod i'm not in a postion to help much at all right now tho i will when i can.Get back to me asap so i knows all ok" - sounds like the man's trying to encourage someone to get back on their feet. Suppose that's really fucked up eh!

Phil, if your friend Doug tells you to cut contact with him and others, well that sounds like someone very controlling - maybe you need to open your eyes...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:04 am

Tesstacious wrote:

What's fucked up about him?  I so love the Left's caring attitude - okay when dealing with their "accepted victims", but when it comes to normal people who've had a hard life and are trying to turn things round - well they can go fuck themselves!

Last paragraph: "come out clean so i suggest education education education gym and i guess a job cod i'm not in a postion to help much at all right now tho i will when i can.Get back to me asap so i knows all ok" - sounds like the man's trying to encourage someone to get back on their feet.  Suppose that's really fucked up eh!  

Phil, if your friend Doug tells you to cut contact with him and others, well that sounds like someone very controlling - maybe you need to open your eyes...

Well, we don't know how Doug said it - he could be giving advice, trying to help Mr Catman etc...

It's difficult to really know how things are said when reading the words.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:04 am

WTF? The letter was supposed to be sent to someone else? How did you get it then?

Anyway, it looks like a personal letter to a mate, so why are you posting it on a forum?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:09 am

Yeah I didn't see anything wrong with the letter - seems like the person writing it isn't in too good a shape and he's giving encouragement for someone inside.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:11 am

I am not sure I'm getting it at all.
You got sent it by mistake but you actually happened to know the guy anyway?  scratch 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:43 am

Why do you think he's "fucked up"?  scratch 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:51 am

eddie wrote:I am not sure I'm getting it at all.
You got sent it by mistake but you actually happened to know the guy anyway?  scratch 

I don't get it either, but then Catman often makes these random posts and doesn't explain properly.

It looks like a private letter which was supposed to be sent to someone in prison, so how could it be sent to Catman in error? I don't get why Catman is posting someone's private letter on a forum, and I don't get why Ben is slating the person who sent the letter.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:58 am

As far as I can tell it is a letter to someone currently serving time from someone else who was an old friend who had served time themselves trying to offer encouragement that is was possible to come out of prison and stay straight and things can get better. It sounds like the intended recipient had done a previous stretch and stayed clean for a good period of time before back sliding.

I cannot possible understand why catman would be the recipient as we are all fairly sure he is not currently serving time at this moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:59 am

I'm sure he'll let us know, and I can think of many ways how he became the recipient by accident.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:02 am

sphinx wrote:As far as I can tell it is a letter to someone currently serving time from someone else who was an old friend who had served time themselves trying to offer encouragement that is was possible to come out of prison and stay straight and things can get better.  It sounds like the intended recipient had done a previous stretch and stayed clean for a good period of time before back sliding.

I cannot possible understand why catman would be the recipient as we are all fairly sure he is not currently serving time at this moment.

Yes, that's what I think too. Anyway, the letter should have gone to the prison, so Catman can't be the intended recipient, assuming he's not actually in prison at the moment.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:52 am

not sure they have internet access in prison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:52 am

BigAndy9 wrote:I'm sure he'll let us know, and I can think of many ways how he became the recipient by accident.
Could've been sent by text or e-mail. That's a thought - are prisonsers allowed mobiles nowadays?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:58 am

Tesstacious wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:I'm sure he'll let us know, and I can think of many ways how he became the recipient by accident.
Could've been sent by text or e-mail.  That's a thought - are prisonsers allowed mobiles nowadays?

No but a lot have them and it's clear most have access to the internet - Facebook etc. because there's a lot of stories about them taunting their victims and their families.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:11 pm

I always put that down to him being brought up in a care home.  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:14 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:WTF? The letter was supposed to be sent to someone else? How did you get it then?

Anyway, it looks like a personal letter to a mate, so why are you posting it on a forum?

It was sent to me in error along with some other paperwork, it doesn't identify anyone, so nothing wrong with me posting it. Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Why do you think he's "fucked up"?  scratch 

He is tbf, but child abuse and care homes do that to people i would suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:48 pm

I read it as if it was written in the first person, and Phil is running it by us for comment and/or approval.

Did you write this, Phil?  Or, did someone you are close to write it?

Frankly, I tend to like the writer...he seems compassionate and concerned.  Yet, nonetheless, frank.  The letter deals with something tragic, but it deals in hope.

But that's as much as I can say, without more about the context.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:53 pm

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:WTF? The letter was supposed to be sent to someone else? How did you get it then?

It was sent to me in error along with some other paperwork, it doesn't identify anyone, so nothing wrong with me posting it. Rolling Eyes 

Thats not what we meant catman - the guy sending it sounds like he is trying to do the right thing by a mate and to help that mate do the right thing and sounds like someone who has made mistakes but is an alright person.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:59 pm

sphinx wrote:
Catman wrote:

Thats not what we meant catman - the guy sending it sounds like he is trying to do the right thing by a mate and to help that mate do the right thing and sounds like someone who has made mistakes but is an alright person.

That's why i was asking for others opinions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Catman wrote:
sphinx wrote:

People were just trying to work out how you knew the sender seeing as it was clearly not intended to be sent to you was all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:05 pm

sphinx wrote:
Catman wrote:

People were just trying to work out how you knew the sender seeing as it was clearly not intended to be sent to you was all

I requested some paperwork from my mate and that was mixed in with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:11 pm

Catman wrote:
sphinx wrote:

I requested some paperwork from my mate and that was mixed in with it.

Yeah I get that now its just you didnt say that to start off with so people got confused. Like I said I think the person who wrote it sounds like someone who has made mistakes but made good and is trying to help others who are going what he went through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:27 pm

Catman wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Why do you need an opinion? It was a private letter which you had no business posting on here. You should have sent it back to the person who wrote it and shut your mouth about it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Catman wrote:

Why do you need an opinion? It was a private letter which you had no business posting on here. You should have sent it back to the person who wrote it and shut your mouth about it.

It doesn't identify anyone you stupid old cow!  ::slap:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It doesn't identify anyone you stupid old cow!  ::slap:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

That's not the point. You posted a private letter on the internet, and it wasn't your letter to post.

Anyway, this guy sounds as if he's worth ten of you.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Catman wrote:

That's not the point. You posted a private letter on the internet, and it wasn't your letter to post.

........And a million of hypocritical old religious bats like you Regan.  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:57 pm

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Nasty little weasel - posting a private letter which some vulnerable guy wrote. Yuk - you're revolting
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:59 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Catman wrote:

Nasty little weasel - posting a private letter which some vulnerable guy wrote. Yuk - you're revolting

Didn't you already say that about three times Regan.

::smthg::  ::smthg::  ::smthg:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:02 pm

I said what I did because the second sentence of the second paragraph read fairly ominously to me ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:19 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I said what I did because the second sentence of the second paragraph read fairly ominously to me ...

The only person who's "fucked up" is Catman for posting the letter on here.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Whole thread is weird.  Shocked 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I said what I did because the second sentence of the second paragraph read fairly ominously to me ...

You should have a sign around your neck...'I'm an adulteror, and a religious hypocrite'

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:56 pm

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You should have a sign around your neck...'I'm an adulteror, and a religious hypocrite'

Why? I'm not an adulterer. You should have a sign saying "I'm a benefits cheat, a bigot, and a total ----".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Catman wrote:

Why? I'm not an adulterer. You should have a sign saying "I'm a benefits cheat, a bigot, and a total ----".

You're well known for being a cheat on your partner, and meeting forum owners from the net, to get hold of the forums buttons, didn't you sleep with Mickey  ::zomb::  from FH, just to get the forum buttons there as well, you bloody harlot!

::rfth:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: ::smthg:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:03 pm

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You're well known for being a cheat on your partner, and meeting forum owners from the net, to get hold of the forums buttons, didn't you sleep with Mickey  ::zomb::  from FH, just to get the forum buttons there as well, you bloody harlot!

No, I didn't sleep with Micky. One doesn't do that in the middle of a pub.

Do you sleep with Doug? Course you don't.  Laughing

Oh, and you just broke the rules again.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:04 pm

Thank gawd Ben is in Texas....He's had a lucky escape!

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:05 pm

IMPENDING LOCK WARNING. TAKE IT ELSEWHERE YOU TWO.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Catman wrote:

No, I didn't sleep with Micky. One doesn't do that in the middle of a pub.

Do you sleep with Doug? Course you don't.  Laughing

Oh, and you just broke the rules again.

What about the hotel after, or was it some bedsit somewhere?  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down