NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Childcare - another Tory con

Go down

Childcare - another Tory con Empty Childcare - another Tory con

Post by Irn Bru Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:25 pm

Yesterdays announcement was today exposed as a sham with the capping of the welfare benefits..
Yesterday the Tories and Clegg announced more help with childcare but we now find out that all the money for it is to taken out of the welfare budget so in effect they are giving more help to some people who are already in work and could be earning up to £40k pa. It's taking money from those who may be in most need of it and giving it to some of those who probably don't.
The welfare budget is supposed to be a safety net for the most vulnerable in our society. Those who may not have a job or they are unable to work due to illness or disability.
Nothing wrong with additional help with childcare costs but not by taking the cash from welfare - it's wrong.

85% of childcare costs to be met under Universal Credit

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/millions-of-parents-to-get-help-with-childcare-costs
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Childcare - another Tory con Empty Re: Childcare - another Tory con

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:29 pm

I'm sure they never said anything about it being taken out of Universal Credit!

On the local news they had a lady with children on, the television people had worked out she would get an extra £2.42 on top of what she got at the moment. She said 'oh, that will buy a few nappies i suppose!'

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:36 pm

Sassy wrote:I'm sure they never said anything about it being taken out of Universal Credit!

On the local news they had a lady with children on, the television people had worked out she would get an extra £2.42 on top of what she got at the moment.   She said 'oh, that will buy a few nappies i suppose!'  

They have said so now sassy. It's in the publication that I linked to.

Cheating gits.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:39 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Sassy wrote:I'm sure they never said anything about it being taken out of Universal Credit!

On the local news they had a lady with children on, the television people had worked out she would get an extra £2.42 on top of what she got at the moment.   She said 'oh, that will buy a few nappies i suppose!'  

Cheating gits.

Sorry, I meant when they announced it, it was just 'we are increasing childcare allowances', not 'we are syphoning some money from universal credit to increase childcare allowances for people already earning decent money'  Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:22 am

Sassy wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Cheating gits.

Sorry, I meant when they announced it, it was just 'we are increasing childcare allowances', not 'we are syphoning some money from universal credit to increase childcare allowances for people already earning decent money'  Mad

Correct - they didn't. From the GOV website...

In line with the principles of the welfare cap, offsetting savings to fund this expansion will be found from within the Universal Credit programme.

Like everything else with this disgusting government the devil is in the detail.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:04 am

This is fantastic news for hard working parents.

I can not see how everybody on here is not welcoming this.

All in all, my wife and I spent around £20,000 on childcare for our first child - we then waited years for our second until we lived closer to our families (I was still working hundreds of miles away unfortunately) so things were cheaper for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:17 am

The real tragedy is the lack of support for those parents who would choose to have one stay at home. When our children were little my ex and would have had more money if both had worked - even with childcare costs - but we made the decision from the start that our children would have a stay at home parent until they started school. Most of the time it was me at home but there were times I worked and he stayed at home. Most developed countries support this - they will offer so much help with childcare or parents can take about 3/4 or 2/3 of the amount for childcare for one of them to stay at home. It is recognized that having a parent at home is the best for children - and while no woman should be forced to stay at home if she wishes to return to work we have gone too far the other way and now have women who would love to stay at home being forced back to work by financial pressures.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:19 am

Agreed sphinx - the traditional family has been ruined.

Our society has decided that money must go to the sick, lame and lazy and overseas to foreigners and not in to protecting the family unit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:20 am

Of course, if you want to be a stay at home mother, split up with your 3rd/4th partner and sit at home - quids in!

Be married and you're buggered though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down