NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ex-UKIP ‘Gay marriage caused storms’ councillor to face Council investigation

3 posters

Go down

Ex-UKIP ‘Gay marriage caused storms’ councillor to face Council investigation Empty Ex-UKIP ‘Gay marriage caused storms’ councillor to face Council investigation

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:22 pm

Ex-UKIP ‘Gay marriage caused storms’ councillor to face Council investigation Davidukip

David Silvester remains an independent town councillor

A former UKIP councillor who blamed flooding on equal marriage is to be formally investigated by officials.

David Silvester was suspended and then expelled from UKIP in February after blaming the floods of December 2013 and early this year on David Cameron’s decision to legalise equal marriage.

Mr Silvester remains an independent town councillor in Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire.

South Oxfordshire District Council announced on Friday it will now investigate whether he breached its code of conduct.

A council spokesman said: “We would expect the investigation to take a minimum of one month and to start in a couple of weeks.

“The investigator will judge the case against precedents to consider whether the code of conduct applies in this case.

“If the code of conduct is deemed to have applied, the investigation will judge whether the councillor breached [it].”

The strongest sanction the council can take is to issue a reprimand.

Earlier this month, a UKIP councillor in East Sussex was criticised for suggesting that business owners should have the right to turn away people based on their sexuality, gender or race.

Donna Edmunds apologised for the remarks but was then denounced by UKIP Chairman Steve Crowther for saying “iron fist” equality laws were unnecessary.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/03/14/ex-ukip-gay-marriage-caused-storms-councillor-face-council-investigation/

Cool  There should be more of a purge of these kinds of idiots from UKIP, but they won't get too over zealous, else they wouldn't have much of a party left.  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Ex-UKIP ‘Gay marriage caused storms’ councillor to face Council investigation Empty Re: Ex-UKIP ‘Gay marriage caused storms’ councillor to face Council investigation

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:32 am

There seems to be a pattern that has become well-established. Person joins UKIP, sticks foot in mouth, gets kicked out of UKIP.

I'm thinking there must be a lot of ex-UKIP members who are now confused as to what they were really signing up for.

Before our British members brought this insight into U.K. politics to me, I always thought our Tea Party was the craziest it could get -- now, I wouldn't trade them for UKIP if you begged me. At least our Tea Party is properly derided and reviled, and nobody ever talks about them having a serious chance of winning anything bigger than the election for local dog-catcher.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Ex-UKIP ‘Gay marriage caused storms’ councillor to face Council investigation Empty Re: Ex-UKIP ‘Gay marriage caused storms’ councillor to face Council investigation

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:35 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:There seems to be a pattern that has become well-established. Person joins UKIP, sticks foot in mouth, gets kicked out of UKIP.

I'm thinking there must be a lot of ex-UKIP members who are now confused as to what they were really signing up for.

Before our British members brought this insight into U.K. politics to me, I always thought our Tea Party was the craziest it could get -- now, I wouldn't trade them for UKIP if you begged me. At least our Tea Party is properly derided and reviled, and nobody ever talks about them having a serious chance of winning anything bigger than the election for local dog-catcher.

Fear not Ben; UKIP here are also properly derided and reviled too. Most peoples reaction I get when Nigel Farage comes up is at least raised eyebrows or groans. He is loathed; but has a passionate following among UKIP supporters which are seriously dis-proportionally represented here; as polls stand UKIP wont win a single seat in next years General Election  Cool 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:29 am

Eilzel wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:There seems to be a pattern that has become well-established. Person joins UKIP, sticks foot in mouth, gets kicked out of UKIP.

Fear not Ben; UKIP here are also properly derided and reviled too. Most peoples reaction I get when Nigel Farage comes up is at least raised eyebrows or groans. He is loathed; but has a passionate following among UKIP supporters which are seriously dis-proportionally represented here; as polls stand UKIP wont win a single seat in next years General Election  Cool 

What makes me laugh and morning by the way Eilzel is the majority of the UKIP supporters here once supported the BNP and when they did, they came out with the same bullshit now as they did then and the world came crashing down around them, when this party was shown up for what it was, nothing more than prejudiced and racist. The reality is UKIP has drawn all the these ex drones from the BNP thinking they have been given a reprieve and they will and I have no question of doubt over this be the downfall of UKIP. 

UKIP may have a core of sensible supporters, but they have attracted all the wrong people too, As seen yesterday a party that hinges all its bets on one policy is doomed to failure unless it is also able to have contingency plans if that policy does not happen, which they do not, hence why UKIP supporters will never win any debates, they have all their eggs in one basket

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:52 am

Exactly didge, and morning to you to pal. My definition of their name UKIP expose their limitations as a real party. Their radical manifesto from the last GE has been scrapped now they feel they are more 'mainstream'; only now they seem to gave no policies at all- an utter joke is what they are Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:58 am

Eilzel wrote:Exactly didge, and morning to you to pal. My definition of their name UKIP expose their limitations as a real party. Their radical manifesto from the last GE has been scrapped now they feel they are more 'mainstream'; only now they seem to gave no policies at all- an utter joke is what they are Smile

They are a joke and people are only being drawn to them through protest and come election time will see they have nothing credible to run the nation with being solely reliant on one policy to make the party work.

To me some people who follow UKIP are nothing but angry people in life unable to reason with and selfish to their own needs, they do not see others but only what they want, that is evident from some of those here who back them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:31 am

if they are such a joke let the people vote, that is democracy after all... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:40 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:if they are such a joke let the people vote, that is democracy after all... Smile 

Nobody is stopping or even to claim to want to stop people voting, what I will continue to do though is show how utterly useless the part is by the fact it has no credible polciies

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:45 am

Eilzel wrote:Exactly didge, and morning to you to pal. My definition of their name UKIP expose their limitations as a real party. Their radical manifesto from the last GE has been scrapped now they feel they are more 'mainstream'; only now they seem to gave no policies at all- an utter joke is what they are Smile

They are an utter joke.  Twisted Evil 
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:47 am

PhilDidge wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:if they are such a joke let the people vote, that is democracy after all... Smile 

Nobody is stopping or even to claim to want to stop people voting, what I will continue to do though is show how utterly useless the part is by the fact it has no credible polciies

you go ahead and people will vote and on the strength of getting out the eu, they will do very well..... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:48 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

you go ahead and people will vote and on the strength of getting out the eu, they will do very well..... Smile 

Well on the strength of that they will not get anywhere, only 20% back that view

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:50 am

PhilDidge wrote:

Well on the strength of that they will not get anywhere, only 20% back that view

I think you might find that to be a great deal more than you estimate, finally a party has emerged who does not think patriotism is a dirty word... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:52 am

PhilDidge wrote:

I think you might find that to be a great deal more than you estimate, finally a party has emerged who does not think patriotism is a dirty word... Smile 

Really and what do you base that on, nothing?

It is around 20% those wanting out of the EU it is also 5th down the list of priorities for people, and guess what is the first?

The economy, which is UKIP doomed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:01 am

PhilDidge wrote:

It is around 20% those wanting out of the EU it is also 5th down the list of priorities for people, and guess what is the first?

the people will vote but we have all the dodgy hate campaigns first as the other parties are running scared.... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:02 am

PhilDidge wrote:

the people will vote but we have all the dodgy hate campaigns first as the other parties are running scared.... Smile 

That is nothing new, all parties try to smear each other, that is normal, the fact is you do not have to do much with UKIP because their policies are not credible, it is as simple as that

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:05 am

You really think people will run to UKIP? I can't wait to be having this conversation next May haha Wink

People have choice about the EU, vote for a party offering a chance to leave. As didge says though it just isn't an election issue for most.

Remember how you all thought people would swing to the BNP? Cool
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:05 am

PhilDidge wrote:

That is nothing new, all parties try to smear each other, that is normal, the fact is you do not have to do much with UKIP because their policies are not credible, it is as simple as that

yep it is the last signs of desperation and we will see it soon against UKIP and more and more as people rally to UKIP as they want to see Britain run properly and with pride.. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:06 am

Eilzel wrote:You really think people will run to UKIP? I can't wait to be having this conversation next May haha Wink

People have choice about the EU, vote for a party offering a chance to leave. As didge says though it just isn't an election issue for most.

Remember how you all thought people would swing to the BNP? Cool

Exactly what I said early and is the same people, those who have jumped on the UKIP bandwagon, saying the same old things

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:09 am

Patriotism will shine through, this country has been run by the shiniest of two turds for long enough, now it is time for someone who actually wants the best for this country to have a go... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:13 am

We'll see, just don't leave before May 2015 though ok Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:19 am

I wouldn't dream of it... Smile 

I'm looking forward to this country getting right again... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:27 am

Latest polls are interesting:

The monthly Ipsos MORI poll for the Standard is out today and has topline voting intention figures of CON 32%(+1), LAB 35%(-3), LDEM 13%(+1), UKIP 11%(+1). Full tabs are here.
There’s quite a lot of other stuff in this month’s poll. 47% of people now think that the government is doing a good job managing the economy, 46% a bad job (compared to 36% good, 55% bad when MORI asked by in 2011), there is also a big shift in the government’s favour on unemployment, 44% now think they are doing well at keeping unemployment down, up from 15% in 2011. However, there is still a perception that the rich are benefiting more than others. 73% think the government have done a good job of raising the standard of living for the rich, but only 19% think they’ve done the same for the poor (for respondents themselves, 30% think the government have done a good job of improving their standard of living).
MORI also asked about which party they think deserves the most credit for the £10,000 personal tax allowance – something that the Conservatives and Lib Dems have been arguing over taking the credit for and which in hindsight I’m rather surprised no one has asked before. 45% of people give the Lib Dems credit for it, compared to 33% who give the Tories the credit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:28 am

UKIP will come through strong i'm sure of that and about time..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down