NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swedish anti-homophobia campaigner in ‘critical condition’ after ‘Nazi’ stabbing

2 posters

Go down

Swedish anti-homophobia campaigner in ‘critical condition’ after ‘Nazi’ stabbing Empty Swedish anti-homophobia campaigner in ‘critical condition’ after ‘Nazi’ stabbing

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:48 pm

Swedish anti-homophobia campaigner in ‘critical condition’ after ‘Nazi’ stabbing Showan2

A Swedish anti-homophobia campaigner is said to be in critical condition following a stabbing during an assault by right-wing activists over the weekend.

Showan Shattak, a supporter of Malmo FF, was on Saturday evening stabbed, by Facebook page Ultras Malmo, a supporters network for the club.

Shattak founded ‘Football fans against homophobia’, in Sweden, and the report suggests that he was attacked by “Nazis” in Malmo, and was left in critical condition.

Following the attack, Ultras Malmo released a statement condemning the assault.

It said: “All of our thoughts and all our love today goes out to our friend Showan who was last night was stabbed and beaten by Nazis. Showan is currently under sedation in hospital. Showan is one of Malmö ‘s most active figures and has strongly contributed to building up the culture of stands today in the MFF.

“Our stand is a place of communion and where everybody with a sky-blue heart is welcome. We will never accept racism and Nazism in our stands or in our city. We invite everyone to give their thoughts to Showan and his family. All love to you Showan. Fight!”

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/03/10/swedish-anti-homophobia-campaigner-critical-condition-right-wing-stabbing/

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

This is typical of the far right, hope that the assailants are caught soon.

Back to top Go down

Swedish anti-homophobia campaigner in ‘critical condition’ after ‘Nazi’ stabbing Empty Re: Swedish anti-homophobia campaigner in ‘critical condition’ after ‘Nazi’ stabbing

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:53 pm

People are stabbed every day in the UK.

Not much detail. What evidence do they have that it was a homophobic, Nazi attack Mr Catman?

I hope he pulls through and they catch those who did it.

Back to top Go down

Swedish anti-homophobia campaigner in ‘critical condition’ after ‘Nazi’ stabbing Empty Re: Swedish anti-homophobia campaigner in ‘critical condition’ after ‘Nazi’ stabbing

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:56 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:People are stabbed every day in the UK.

Not much detail.  What evidence do they have that it was a homophobic, Nazi attack Mr Catman?

What other reason would there have been for him to be attacked, i'm sure that such a statement wouldn't have been made unless there was some clear evidence.

....Of course, you can't go into too much detail over cases like this, would prejudice any future court case.  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:00 pm

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:People are stabbed every day in the UK.

Not much detail.  What evidence do they have that it was a homophobic, Nazi attack Mr Catman?

What other reason would there have been for him to be attacked, i'm sure that such a statement wouldn't have been made unless there was some clear evidence.

....Of course, you can't go into too much detail over cases like this, would prejudice any future court case.  Rolling Eyes 

Flaming heck Mr Catman.

Now, let me tell you right now - we do not all hate homosexuals - that's a fact!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:05 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:

Flaming heck Mr Catman.

Now, let me tell you right now - we do not all hate homosexuals - that's a fact!

Like i said, there are legal reasons for all of the details, not being reported.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:25 pm

@andy
wouldn't be too hard to tell, if he still has his wallet(things of value) it is probably hate crime related.  Neutral 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:12 am

Police say that members of a neo-Nazi gang have been detained:

http://www.dosmanzanas.com/2014/03/joven-activista-lgtb-sueco-apunalado-por-una-banda-nazi.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:20 am

Oh heck, we need a translator!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:28 am

Well, I can't read it perfectly, but this:

Fuentes policiales informan que al menos tres miembros del Partido Nazi de Suecia han sido detenidos por estos hechos, acusados de intento de asesinato, aunque no se ha podido precisar el número de implicados en el ataque.

... means roughly, "Police sources reported that at least three members of the Nazi Party of Sweden had been detained for this act, accused of attempted murder, although it wasn't possible to specify the number implicated in the attack."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:31 am

Thanks, now I know what it says, it actually looks like it lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:08 am

Sassy wrote:Thanks, now I know what it says, it actually looks like it lol

I know, right? Amazing how similar the two languages actually are. I studied Latin in high school so I know a lot of the roots of words in both English and Spanish, and I'm always coming across little epiphanies -- like the other day when it struck me that the Spanish word for arm, "brazo," is actually pretty similar to the words "brace" and "embrace." Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down