NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landlord bans applicants with BO, bad teeth and ‘dodgy toes’

5 posters

Go down

Landlord bans applicants with BO, bad teeth and ‘dodgy toes’ Empty Landlord bans applicants with BO, bad teeth and ‘dodgy toes’

Post by eddie Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:30 pm

Landlord bans applicants with BO, bad teeth and ‘dodgy toes’

Craig Harker, 35, posted a online vacancy for chefs, kitchen porters and front of house staff for his George Pub & Grill venues across Teesside.

He says he’s usually inundated with sloppy applicants, so wanted to whittle the competition down with some particular requirements.

The job advert said: ‘Those that attend with that fruity B.O. odour – it’s a no go. Oway give your pits a wash before you come down for an interview, a quick whiff and spray those bad boys.

‘First impressions count. That includes brushing those tusks too. The key part for any interview is first impressions, don’t have mine as this person clearly needs a wash and have me turning my head because of that naughty breath that stings my cheeks.

‘If those nashers are black then stay back, white and you’re alright. Especially when front of house greeting our customers as they walk through the door.’

While Craig is willing to give anyone a chance, including those who don’t have any hospitality experience, he warned applicants ‘don’t just apply because the Job Centre asked you to’.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/04/24/pub-owner-bans-job-applicants-with-bo-bad-teeth-and-dodgy-toes-16525986/

Good for him! I don’t want to see people who look like crap, serving me food! I’ve often thought along these lines too. If you’re in hospitality then look decent. Look clean. Look presentable.

Or you’ll put me off my food.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Landlord bans applicants with BO, bad teeth and ‘dodgy toes’ Empty Re: Landlord bans applicants with BO, bad teeth and ‘dodgy toes’

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:44 pm

Absolutely agree. People at work are a reflection of their company and its values, and there's nothing worse than being served food by someone who doesn't radiate cleanliness.

Employees in public-facing roles should be well groomed and dress in a manner that reflects the company's image.

I don't understand why anybody would show up looking or smelling like crap to a job interview when the jobseeker's allowance is such a pittance anyway.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Landlord bans applicants with BO, bad teeth and ‘dodgy toes’ Empty Re: Landlord bans applicants with BO, bad teeth and ‘dodgy toes’

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:00 pm

Agreed. In pre-pandemic days the turn-off for me was a waiter with a virus or cold. WTF is with people with a virus being in a restaurant, let alone working there.

Nowadays we are a lot more sensitive to that sort of thing. But still, cleanliness is imperative around food.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:08 pm

Nowadays? It should have always been a thing! BO is just a dirty, unwashed person, nothing to do with a virus, dude.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:36 pm

eddie wrote:Nowadays? It should have always been a thing! BO is just a dirty, unwashed person, nothing to do with a virus, dude.

I agree. But my particular grievance is waiters that are coughing and sniffing. I'll walk out, rather than be served by such a virus-spreader.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:57 pm

I agree with everyone.
If a person cant take the trouble to clean themselves properly, I dont want them near my food, thank you.

My son worked part time in a food factory when he was a student, he saw one or two people coming in for interviews wearing slippers.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 14, 2022 10:03 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Nowadays? It should have always been a thing! BO is just a dirty, unwashed person, nothing to do with a virus, dude.

I agree.  But my particular grievance is waiters that are coughing and sniffing.  I'll walk out, rather than be served by such a virus-spreader.

I’m not understanding why that would bother you now, rather than before Covid?
Seems odd to me.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 14, 2022 10:04 pm

Syl wrote:I agree with everyone.
If a person cant take the trouble to clean themselves properly, I dont want them near my food, thank you.

My son worked part time in a food factory when he was a student,  he saw one or two people coming in for  interviews wearing slippers.

Slippers???? Wtf? I’d send them straight home to bed.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun May 15, 2022 4:16 am

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I agree.  But my particular grievance is waiters that are coughing and sniffing.  I'll walk out, rather than be served by such a virus-spreader.

Seems odd to me.

What does Covid have to do with it? I acquired the habit of excusing myself from the presence of infected people from a grandparent who died of TB...long before Covid.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Tue May 24, 2022 3:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

Seems odd to me.

What does Covid have to do with it?  I acquired the habit of excusing myself from the presence of infected people from a grandparent who died of TB...long before Covid.

if your grandparent had a habit of excusing him/herself from infected people but then contracted TB and died, it clearly didn't do much good did it?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 24, 2022 5:46 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

What does Covid have to do with it?  I acquired the habit of excusing myself from the presence of infected people from a grandparent who died of TB...long before Covid.

if your grandparent had a habit of excusing him/herself from infected people but then contracted TB and died, it clearly didn't do much good did it?

Actually gels, I never met my maternal grandmother.  She died when my mother was 7 years old.  But the experience of such a person with tuberculosis living in close quarters, in a South Dakota prairie cabin, meant the entire family acquired a passion for overzealous hygiene.  They used to boil her dishes and utensils after her meals.

My mother passed on to her kids the obsession of being squeamish about hygienic matters.  I believe that's why I won't let a waiter with a virus serve at my table.

I have no idea how my mother's mother contracted TB.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat May 28, 2022 2:20 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

Actually gels, I never met my maternal grandmother.  She died when my mother was 7 years old.  But the experience of such a person with tuberculosis living in close quarters, in a South Dakota prairie cabin, meant the entire family acquired a passion for overzealous hygiene.  They used to boil her dishes and utensils after her meals.

My mother passed on to her kids the obsession of being squeamish about hygienic matters.  I believe that's why I won't let a waiter with a virus serve at my table.

So you acquired the habit because of your grandmother rather than from her.

In fairness to your mother, her behaviour doesn't sound over zealous to me. Boiling the dishes etc actually sounds like a very sensible measure, especially in close quarters.

I have eaten out in hundreds of places, cafes, pubs, restaurants etc (nothing grand) and I have never so much as detected a sniffle from any waiter much less any coughing or sneezing. The hospitality industry seems more hot on that than the care industry imo.

Maybe it's different in your part of the world,,,,,

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat May 28, 2022 4:26 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Actually gels, I never met my maternal grandmother.  She died when my mother was 7 years old. But the experience of such a person with tuberculosis living in close quarters, in a South Dakota prairie cabin, meant the entire family acquired a passion for overzealous hygiene.  They used to boil her dishes and utensils after her meals.

So you acquired the habit because of your grandmother rather than from her.

In fairness to your mother, her behaviour doesn't sound over zealous to me.  Boiling the dishes etc actually sounds like a very sensible measure, especially in close quarters.

I have eaten out in hundreds of places, cafes, pubs, restaurants etc (nothing grand) and I have never so much as detected a sniffle from any waiter much less any coughing or sneezing.  The hospitality industry seems more hot on that than the care industry imo.

Maybe it's different in your part of the world,,,,,

Unfortunately, I have had occasion to get up and walk out when a waiter was obviously infected with a virus.

As for boiling dishes, and other measures my mother’s family took, I only mention such habits to emphasize how a 7-year-old girl might have taken it.  She grew up being compulsive about cleanliness...and passed it on as the norm to her own kids.

I’m not recommending it, nor am I saying it is normal for “this part of the world.”  I’m merely saying how I came by such a strong predilection re: avoiding viral infections.  Of course, it didn’t hurt that my father was also a physician, and professor of medicine/public health at Berkeley and Harvard.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down