NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reasons to be cheerful...top one, you still have your own hair and teeth.

+4
Fred Moletrousers
'Wolfie
HoratioTarr
Syl
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reasons to be cheerful...top one, you still have your own hair and teeth. Empty Reasons to be cheerful...top one, you still have your own hair and teeth.

Post by Syl Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:56 am

HOW LUCKY ARE YOU IN LIFE? DEFINITIVE SIGNS, ACCORDING TO BRITS…

1. You have your own teeth and hair 47 percent
2. You’ve had a solid upbringing 40 percent
3. You own a home and don’t rent 40 percent
4. You had a happy childhood 39 percent
5. You have a great relationship 38 percent
6. You’ve met your soulmate 35 percent
7. You’ve always been loved 35 percent
8. Your car is owned outright 33 percent
9. You haven’t resorted to surgery or fillers 30 percent
10. You don’t have money problems 29 percent
11. You have a happy demeanour 28 percent
12. You can hold your own no matter what the social occasion 28 percent
13. You don’t have much to worry about 26 percent
14. You can drink without making a fool of yourself 25 percent
15. You don’t consider anyone an enemy 25 percent
16. You never dip into your overdraft 25 percent
17. You have neighbours you consider friends 22 percent
18. You have flexible working hours 22 percent
19. You can take your children anywhere and they behave 19 percent
20. You’ve never had to pay for childcare 18 percent
21. Going to work is a pleasure 18 percent
22. You didn’t have to try too hard in school 18 percent
23. Your parents are still married and in love 18 percent
24. You can work from home 17 percent
25. You live in the south of England 17 percent
26. You can eat what you want - you don’t put on weight 17 percent
27. You have never had to stay in hospital overnight 16 percent
28. You are better than average in the looks department 16 percent
29. You have no body hang-ups 15 percent
30. You’ve had the same friends since school 14 percent
31. You live in the north of England 14 percent
32. You don’t have to wear glasses - yet 12 percent
33. You haven’t visited a GP in years 12 percent
34. You can still get into jeans you wore when you were 20 11 percent
35. Your parents are part of your social circle 10 percent
36. You have a boss you consider a friend 10 percent
37. You have the job of your dreams 9 percent
38. You’ve got a good-looking partner who friends are jealous of 8 percent

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/people-who-feel-lucky-generally-12064763
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Reasons to be cheerful...top one, you still have your own hair and teeth. Empty Re: Reasons to be cheerful...top one, you still have your own hair and teeth.

Post by Syl Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:59 am

If anyone can tick all those boxes they must be living in cloud cuckoo land. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Reasons to be cheerful...top one, you still have your own hair and teeth. Empty Re: Reasons to be cheerful...top one, you still have your own hair and teeth.

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:19 pm

Syl wrote:If anyone can tick all those boxes they must be living in cloud cuckoo land. Laughing

I got 21 of those
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:44 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:If anyone can tick all those boxes they must be living in cloud cuckoo land. Laughing

I got 21 of those

I got 28/38.....just did it with my OH.
The work related ones I answered as if I was still working, and how I felt re my job at the time.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:06 pm

Reasons to be cheerful...top one, you still have your own hair and teeth. 2035286543

That list reads as a bunch of materialistic, racist and self-centred guff, written by some selfish, self-entitled white supremacist and narrow-minded xenophobic, sexist and class-conscious twat...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:02 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Reasons to be cheerful...top one, you still have your own hair and teeth. 2035286543

That list reads as a bunch of materialistic, racist and self-centred guff, written by some selfish, self-entitled white supremacist and narrow-minded xenophobic, sexist and class-conscious twat...

You appear to have forgotten to include the "nancy boy, denialist, fascist, paedo-defending, whinging, whining, neo-conservative, ruling class nutjobs..." bit.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:42 pm

What wetwipe really means is....he didn't get many ticks. albino
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:03 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Reasons to be cheerful...top one, you still have your own hair and teeth. 2035286543

How is it racist?

Oh, I forgot, you like to apologise for being white on a daily basis. Silly me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:16 pm

eddie wrote:

How is it racist?

He's an angry, odd cat.

His erratic posts almost make me reconsider my stance on guns.

Almost. Cool Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:12 pm

25 and 31 make no sense

Surely that is a terrible affliction and detrimental to ones quality of life tongue tongue tongue tongue
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:22 pm

veya_victaous wrote:25 and 31 make no sense

Surely that is a terrible affliction and detrimental to ones quality of life  tongue tongue tongue tongue

None of it makes any sense and agree with you

If you need other outward factors to be happy or lucky, then that person is truely not happy. As they have never learnt to be happy within themselves.

Luck plays no part here

People are drawn to people positive, but it does not even then mean that person is inwardly positive and could be seeking attention.

Who needs a category of claims to say whether you can be cheerful?

Its saying to be people based on the most dumbmest reasons, what they can or should be happy with.

Its setting an arbitrary standard and ensuring people unhappy or even depressed will further slip down this path, when they do not tick many of the boxes here.

I have to say, this has to be one of the most ignorant and naive piece of journalism, I have ever seen.

Last edited by Didge on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:23 pm

Surely that is a terrible affliction and detrimental to ones quality of life  tongue tongue tongue tongue
You have obviously never visited our fair city of Manchester. snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:28 pm

Syl wrote:

Milton Keynes is excluded because it's in the middle...which is where most northerners and southerners would prefer it to remain.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:29 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Syl wrote:

Milton Keynes is excluded because it's in the middle...which is where most northerners and southerners would prefer it to remain.
Never been Fred....or is that your point. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:31 pm

Didge wrote:

If you need other outward factors to be happy or lucky, then that person is truely not happy. As they have never learnt to be happy within themselves.

Luck plays no part here

People are drawn to people positive, but it does not even then mean that person is inwardly positive and could be seeking attention.

Its saying to be people based on the most dumbmest reasons, what they can or should be happy with.

Its setting an arbitrary standard and ensuring people unhappy or even depressed will further slip down this path, when they do not tick many of the boxes here.

I have to say, this has to be one of the most ignorant and naive piece of journalism, I have ever seen.
Does anyone take these surveys really seriously though? 
In any case, whats wrong with counting your blessings.....its good to appreciate the things you have in life....like hair and teeth.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:36 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Luck plays no part here

In any case, whats wrong with counting your blessings.....its good to appreciate the things you have in life....like hair and teeth.

What is wrong here, is basing a standard.

So hair and teeth are things to appreciate.

How do you then say that to someone blind or deaf?

Are then because they cannot see or hear, not blessed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:43 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Everyone is blessed in some way...a blind or deaf person could be blessed in many different ways.
There are things on that list that will probably apply to everyone, depends on what you appreciate in life.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:44 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Everyone is blessed in some way...a blind or deaf person could be blessed in many different ways.
There are things on that list that will probably apply to everyone, depends on what you appreciate in life.

So in other words, its horseshit the article and attempts poorly to make people feel superior over others, based on what they have and do not have?

Correct?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:51 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

So in other words, its horseshit the article and attempts poorly to make people feel superior over others, based on what they have and do not have?

Correct?
Personally I dont see it like that, having a happy childhood, appreciating your job and your partner,  not yet needing glasses or hospital stays isnt bragging, its appreciating your good fortune so far in life.

Its a positive way to see yourself, far better than a negative way.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:58 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Correct?
Personally I dont see it like that, having a happy childhood, appreciating your job and your partner,  not yet needing glasses or hospital stays isnt bragging, its appreciating your good fortune so far in life.

Its a positive way to see yourself, far better than a negative way.

So you see it postively, which is good.
Nothing wrong with that and why you are not using empahtic intelligence here
As I have shown, it is what has been used to cause hate and divide for centuries.
"You do not tick those boxes, thus, you do not belong as one of us"

A positive way to see yourself, is a person that looks at their inner most demons and faces them. Their inner fears. To class people based off some really dumb standard on happiness, does nothing but ensure people are further divided. Its based on something so objective, that people would then treat people without hair and poor teeth as not lucky or happy. As something not associated with happiness. Just as people have poorly associated disabled people as not normal and happy. Such arguments lack any empathy or empathic intelligence. They are based on the selfish needs of the individual, that needs recognition to fuel their insecurities.

So you tell me, how in anyway, are you going to tell someone with bad teeth, they are not blessed?

Just because some article claims so?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:01 pm

Syl wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Never been Fred....or is that your point. Razz

Yep. Decent theatre, and the concrete cows are, er, interesting. Other than that.......
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:03 pm

I will also add, this is how Nazism started.
In that what was only percvieved as blessed, was being blonde a blue eyed. In what was Aryan and a claimed master race.
That those born with blue eyes and blonde hair were blessed ansd lucky.
Do you not see how such segregation and hate starts Syl?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:07 pm

Didge, its peoples perceptions about themselves not others.
Maybe being bald and toothless wouldn't bother your neighbour or your friend, but it may bother you, so feeling blessed because you still have them, isnt causing any divide, its just appreciating what is important to you.

Its just a survey, and like most surveys of this kind, its not to be taken so seriously.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Syl wrote:Didge, its peoples perceptions about themselves not others.
Maybe being bald and toothless wouldn't bother your neighbour or your friend, but it may bother you, so feeling blessed because you still have them, isnt causing any divide, its just appreciating what is important to you.

Its just a survey, and like most surveys of this kind, its not to be taken so seriously.

Why would it bother anyone, unless people perceive it as wrong or bad?

Why should someone be bothered over being bald, unless society views it as wrong?

We are back to the same problems with Nazism.

That being a Jew is wrong.

Being a Slav is wrong

Being homosexual is wrong

That being disabled is wrong

Thes were all views the Nazi's held

Nobody should be forced to do anything they should not do

We now poorly see the hijab and face veil as a symbol of feminism, when countless women are forced to wear

That is just absurd and insults many women forced to wear

Its this kind of regressive babble you claim, that has often seen people oppressed. Based on a view something is good and that something else is seen as bad.

What it means, is that people are not accepting of others.

What this article means to do, is divide people based on something utterly superficial

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:21 pm

But its not being judgmental about others....no one is saying being bald or single is wrong, people merely answered what they felt in connection to themselves.

Too few people count their blessings....maybe people would be happier if they listed the good things in their lives rather than concentrating on the negatives.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Syl wrote:But its not being judgmental about others....no one is saying being bald or single is wrong, people merely answered what they felt in connection to themselves.

Too few people count their blessings....maybe people would be happier if they listed the good things in their lives rather than concentrating on the negatives.

Really?

Its not bad, but claiming bad luck?

How about people stopped judging people on what they have and do not have.

It falls down back to envy or hate

Many people are happy, but a perceived view, which is subjective, is not a standard that people should look up to.

To an ISIS extremist, being happy is cutting off the head of an infidel.

That to them is seen as righteous and happiness.

In other words its based on beliefs.

The whole article was judgemental, based on a perceived view on what it takes to be happy.

Yet I doubt not one that perceived it has faced their inner fears

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:42 pm

Didge, I really think you are taking this too seriously.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:46 pm

Syl wrote:Didge, I really think you are taking this too seriously.

You would be wrong

For one, I do not take idiots seriously

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:48 pm

I don't think he's sharing the chair with you anymore.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:49 pm

Maddog wrote:

Oh I still would, but nice misdirection yet again

My pointg is that syl is superficial

I say things how they are and what is wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:55 pm

Maddog wrote:

He can have the chair....it looked uncomfy anyway. snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:57 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:58 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You call it superficial, I prefer to think of  it as not seeing envy and mistrust in the most innocent of threads. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:02 am

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

You call it superficial, I prefer to think of  it as not seeing envy and mistrust in the most innocent of threads. Cool

Not envy you say?

That its better luck to have good teeth and hair?

You claim that is not superficial?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:02 am

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Based on what rational view against mine?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:05 am

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

This is a silly little thread designed for silly little posts. Lighten up dude.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:06 am

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

And do you not see how silly little views turn into far more in dividing people

What more evidence do I need?

Blonde hair blue eyes?

A claim to an aryan race?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:09 am

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Blonde hair blue eyes?

OK, time for a group hug. cheers
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:09 am

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Not envy you say?

Its not superficial if thats what a person sees as benificial to their life.

Like the person who conducted the survey said...Often it really is the simple things in life that people prize the most.”
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:10 am

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Blonde hair blue eyes?

Freely given Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:12 am

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Blonde hair blue eyes?

Dont think Didge is quite ready for a kumbaya session just yet. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:13 am

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Not envy you say?

Like the person who conducted the survey said...Often it really is the simple things in life that people prize the most.”

So if they see it as beneficial. does that not lead to thinking its bad luck not to have this by some?

Why do you need to price something the most?

Again that is born from envy

Happiness comes from within, not how you look.

If it is how you look, then society is fucked up

Hence superficial

So why yearn the simple things and not actually tackle the things that are that much harder?

In facing their inner fears?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:19 am

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

So if they see it as beneficial. does that not lead to thinking its bad luck not to have this by some?

Hence superficial

So why yearn the simple things and not actually tackle the things that are that much harder?

Most of the things people listed had nothing to do with looks....and of course happiness comes from within, at least we manage to agree on that.....but often it's the little simple things in life that can bring contentment.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:24 am

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Hence superficial

Most of the things people listed had nothing to do with looks....and of course happiness comes from within, at least we manage to agree on that.....but often it's the little simple things in life that can bring contentment.

But some are and the majority are based on a subjective view on what it means to be happy.
If people need others for happiness, then they are not happy themselves. They need the happiness of others.
That is simple to understand and yet the article would place most children born into care at a disadvantage. Based on the poor terminology provided.

Do you not even see that?

This might be why, we have seen so many children negletected, and not care what happens to other children, based on adults own perceived inner world they create within themselves

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:31 am

Its the view of the people asked as to what makes THEM happy....they are not speaking for others, just themselves.

You are looking at this from a negative angle, so we are  just going round in circles.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:35 am

Syl wrote:Its the view of the people asked as to what makes THEM happy....they are not speaking for others, just themselves.

You are looking at this from a negative angle, so we are  just going round in circles.

But that shows you do not understand people by nature

My point is simple

Something that seems to be positive is often used negativelly against others

If something claims you have to be a certain way to be happy, is that not dangeroeus?

Example again, ISIS followers believing they must behead people to reach their form of heaven

The reality here was that it was not about what made them happy, but how lucky you were based on a perceived view on perfection.

This would discount every single disabled person and sadly, you do not even see that

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:38 am

eddie wrote:

How is it racist?

What a Face

Read again what made those people so fucking cheerful...

Born on England.

Live in northern England.

Live in southern England.

It was a pro-English, anti-foreigner quiz, right from the get go.

Written by an English person, for an English audience, and weighted against foreigners from the start..

The author of the original survey was a white English xenophobic and class-conscious prick --  not that I would expect any English people to notice that inbuilt bias to that survey...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:45 am

eddie wrote:

How is it racist?

Arrow

P.S.

You should know by now that I don't "apologise" for anything on here, eddie...

Nor does your bullshit sentence about me "apologising for being white" make any sense, whatsoever..

I am nether "white", nor am I black -- and there's certainly no fucking way that I am ever going to apologise to anyone for my light brown/olive complexion, let alone on "a daily basis"..

Tnat has to be one of the most stupid and insultingly ignorant faux pas you have managed this year, eddie..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:45 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

How is it racist?

What a Face

Read again what made those people so fucking cheerful...

Born on England.

Live in northern England.

Live in southern England.

It was a pro-English, anti-foreigner quiz, right from the get go.

Written by an English person, for an English audience, and weighted against foreigners from the start..

The author of the original survey was a white English xenophobic and class-conscious prick --  not that I would expect any English people to notice that inbuilt bias to that survey...

A British casino and online betting company runs a fun poll among British clients and followers and the results are published in a British tabloid newspaper...and this forum's very own Dave Spart thows yet another rambling, ranting, attention seeking megawobbly about how we are "racist" and "xenophobic" because the opinions and feelings of Innuits, Xhosas, Torres Straight Islanders and Navajos are not properly represented.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:02 am

I take it you only scored a 5

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next