NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'My dad threatened to fight my step-dad over who would walk me down the aisle'

5 posters

Go down

'My dad threatened to fight my step-dad over who would walk me down the aisle' Empty 'My dad threatened to fight my step-dad over who would walk me down the aisle'

Post by eddie Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:07 pm

Most of the time, parents who are no longer on speaking terms can be kept apart from one another, with the exception of big life events, such as weddings, christenings and graduations - and that's when things really get tricky.

One woman learned this the hard way when planning her own wedding, and it came to deciding who would walk her down the aisle.

The bride shared her story with wedding photographer Erika Joy ( @joyshotsphotography ), who shared the tale anonymously on TikTok.

"My parents are divorced and both are remarried. They are not civil at all and have not spoken outside of court in years," a message from the anonymous bride read.

"I grew up with my mom and did not have a relationship with my dad until I was an adult, so obviously I was way closer to my stepdad. I invited my dad but asked my stepdad to walk me down the aisle.

The woman went on to reveal that when her dad found out she'd chosen her step-dad to walk her down the aisle, he told her he wouldn't be coming and said he would fight her step-dad.

“So I thought about it and decided that both could walk me down the aisle, seeing as I have a good relationship with both," she continued.

"Both of them refused this idea, so after talking to my mom, I decided to let my dad walk me down the aisle. This way I could finally focus on myself."

When her step-dad heard the news, he said that neither he nor the bride's mum would be attending the wedding. So, the bride decided to cut out all the drama from both sides of her family and had her brother walk her down the aisle instead.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/my-dad-threatened-fight-step-25615805

Wow. What a bunch of selfish, egotistical babies! I simply cannot understand how parents could react in this way at all.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

gelico likes this post

Back to top Go down

'My dad threatened to fight my step-dad over who would walk me down the aisle' Empty Re: 'My dad threatened to fight my step-dad over who would walk me down the aisle'

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:12 pm

Fucking childish. Did the thought never cross any of their minds that this day was to be about their daughter? I'd bend over backwards to make my stepdaughter's wedding day the happiest occasion it could possibly be, and that's just my natural instinct, so what's wrong with these people's natural instincts?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

'My dad threatened to fight my step-dad over who would walk me down the aisle' Empty Re: 'My dad threatened to fight my step-dad over who would walk me down the aisle'

Post by gelico Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:25 pm

eddie wrote:
Most of the time, parents who are no longer on speaking terms can be kept apart from one another, with the exception of big life events, such as weddings, christenings and graduations - and that's when things really get tricky.

One woman learned this the hard way when planning her own wedding, and it came to deciding who would walk her down the aisle.

The bride shared her story with wedding photographer Erika Joy ( @joyshotsphotography ), who shared the tale anonymously on TikTok.

"My parents are divorced and both are remarried. They are not civil at all and have not spoken outside of court in years," a message from the anonymous bride read.

"I grew up with my mom and did not have a relationship with my dad until I was an adult, so obviously I was way closer to my stepdad. I invited my dad but asked my stepdad to walk me down the aisle.

The woman went on to reveal that when her dad found out she'd chosen her step-dad to walk her down the aisle, he told her he wouldn't be coming and said he would fight her step-dad.

“So I thought about it and decided that both could walk me down the aisle, seeing as I have a good relationship with both," she continued.

"Both of them refused this idea, so after talking to my mom, I decided to let my dad walk me down the aisle. This way I could finally focus on myself."

When her step-dad heard the news, he said that neither he nor the bride's mum would be attending the wedding. So, the bride decided to cut out all the drama from both sides of her family and had her brother walk her down the aisle instead.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/my-dad-threatened-fight-step-25615805

Wow. What a bunch of selfish, egotistical babies! I simply cannot understand how parents could react in this way at all.

i quite agree

so you know i told you about beanie getting married and her fiance's mother apparently went and ordered a massive hog roast for afterwards completely randomly and out of the blue. The future Mr Bean was moaning about how there was no sodding need for it and there's not that many people going anyway and a lot of beanie's relatives are vegetarian/vegan so there was no need

she then rang beanie and said ''oh, i'm so sorry i did that, i got a bit over excited but the last thing i want to do is come over all Marge takes Charge'' lololol

she decided to have both her brothers walk her down the aisle. she said she could never pick one over the other which I thought was sweet

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:29 pm

Oh that’s lovely...her brothers walking her down the aisle.

Did you buy your hat?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:33 pm

eddie wrote:Oh that’s lovely...her brothers walking her down the aisle.

Did you buy your hat?

i haven't got a hat - i might just wear some fancy hair clips or a bow or some such

the cat's ears in your bio pic look great, i might go for something like that

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:38 pm

gelico wrote:

Did you buy your hat?

i haven't got a hat - i might just wear some fancy hair clips or a bow or some such

I’d lend you mine but well, Ben rather likes them on me.... Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:41 pm

eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:

Did you buy your hat?

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

'My dad threatened to fight my step-dad over who would walk me down the aisle' 4152582110
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:57 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

'My dad threatened to fight my step-dad over who would walk me down the aisle' 4152582110

hahahaha that emoji

it wasn't even the dick, it was the eyebrows that got me

'My dad threatened to fight my step-dad over who would walk me down the aisle' 3489511464 'My dad threatened to fight my step-dad over who would walk me down the aisle' 3489511464 'My dad threatened to fight my step-dad over who would walk me down the aisle' 3489511464

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:42 pm

Typical narc behaviour by the birth father. I'd tell him to fuck off.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly and eddie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:08 pm

Me and my step daughter's bio dad walked her together.

He's never been very active in her life, but he and I have a cordial relationship. Besides, it wasn't my wedding. Men need to learn to shut up and just show up on time and do what they are told at these events..
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Ben Reilly, eddie, Tommy Monk and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:30 pm

Maddog wrote:Me and my step daughter's bio dad walked her together.

He's never been very active in her life, but he and I have a cordial relationship. Besides, it wasn't my wedding. Men need to learn to shut up and just show up on time and do what they are told at these events..

I quite agree. And good on you for making your step daughter’s special day...special.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down