NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Birds aren't real" conspiracy theory taking flight in the U.S. and elsewhere

4 posters

Go down

"Birds aren't real" conspiracy theory taking flight in the U.S. and elsewhere Empty "Birds aren't real" conspiracy theory taking flight in the U.S. and elsewhere

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:52 pm

The internet is a world in and of itself. Filled with people of different beliefs, the internet can sometimes get a little weird with conspiracies. Flat Earthers is one such example in which people think that the Earth is flat and not round. Another such conspiracy which is getting a lot of attention right now is that the ‘Birds aren’t real’. People who are indulged in this conspiracy believe that birds in the US were killed by the government and then replaced with drones to spy on people. They also believe that these ‘drones’ charge themselves by sitting on power lines and poop on cars to track individuals.
https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/birds-arent-real-movement-takes-flight-in-us-all-you-need-to-know-3953690.html

My brain is confused.

Seriously, I can't tell if this is a real conspiracy theory, a satire of a conspiracy theory, or, perhaps worst of all, a satire of a conspiracy that has become a real conspiracy because some people will just believe anything.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

"Birds aren't real" conspiracy theory taking flight in the U.S. and elsewhere Empty Re: "Birds aren't real" conspiracy theory taking flight in the U.S. and elsewhere

Post by eddie Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:02 pm

I believe it!
Magpies STEAL things man! Suspect
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

"Birds aren't real" conspiracy theory taking flight in the U.S. and elsewhere Empty Re: "Birds aren't real" conspiracy theory taking flight in the U.S. and elsewhere

Post by Maddog Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:13 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/birds-arent-real-conspiracy-theory-parody-movement-internet-1573915%3famp=1

The leader says he's serious but there's a lot of doubt about his sincerity.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:27 pm

Well...most people believe that UFO's are not real, and Project Blue Book aimed to give credence to that. But, we most all believe that there is a bearded man in the sky who works magic tricks, and they build buildings, and we all attend meetings dedicated to him and give money.

We're a twisted lot.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:28 pm

Any discussion of UFOs is fraught, because (Les will like this) we have to have a universal understanding of what the terms mean before we can go forward.

For example, I'll say right here, upfront, that UFOs are 100 percent definitely real. But what I mean by that is that people have definitely seen things flying through the sky that they can't identify -- i.e., they've seen Unidentified Flying Objects.

What I don't mean is that spacecraft from other planets, piloted by non-human intelligent extraterrestrials, are 100 percent definitely real. I have my doubts.

But! By "I have my doubts," I don't mean that I think we're alone in the universe, or even this galaxy. I mean that since space is so vast and we're smart enough to know that it would take technology we can barely even imagine to travel through space efficiently, I'm skeptical that an extraterrestrial intelligent species wouldn't have as much trouble with space exploration as we do.

So really, I think that UFOs are a real thing, but probably not aliens. I also think we're probably not truly alone in the universe, but:

Imagine only seven people live on Earth, each of them on one of the continents. That's about how alone I think we are in the universe.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:16 pm

Ben wrote:So really, I think that UFOs are a real thing...

I agree. But I don't think they need all be extraterrestrial.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down