NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One for Quill and Maddog - Arrested for Riding a Bicycle

3 posters

Go down

One for Quill and Maddog - Arrested for Riding a Bicycle Empty One for Quill and Maddog - Arrested for Riding a Bicycle

Post by Didgee Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFpiN-ZJO4A

Interested in both your take here

This channel is also one you might both enjoy watching as it deals with Police encounters, that are quite fascinating

Some have poor policing and good policing in the many videos listed

Hats off to the people researching the law on these cases

My view in regards to this video, is the kids here were complete muppets and a danger on the road. However I think the Police also in regards to the female officer acted poorly

Interested in your thoughts

Here is also a link to the channel that covers many such encounters

I seem to be quite addicted to watching these at the moment and hope others enjoy watching them

Feel free to post up other videos listed in the link below and offer up views

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/c/AuditTheAudit/videos

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

One for Quill and Maddog - Arrested for Riding a Bicycle Empty Re: One for Quill and Maddog - Arrested for Riding a Bicycle

Post by Maddog Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:44 pm

I'll watch it later. I'm not where I can watch videos right now.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

One for Quill and Maddog - Arrested for Riding a Bicycle Empty Re: One for Quill and Maddog - Arrested for Riding a Bicycle

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:57 pm

First, a comment about the politics.  Since the oil crisis of the 1970's, the ranks of bikers have grown to include commuters and office workers, as well as white middle class.  Add to that the climate crisis, and again, bike riding has become synonymous with civic beneficence.

With the advent of white, mature bike riders, has come the white middle-class attitude of self-righteousness...coupled with the civic-mindedness of working for "good" of the community (commuting by bike rather than wasting fossil fuels and soiling the air).  This attitude of self-righteousness breeds a certain contempt for laws that should only apply to gas-guzzling automobiles.  I share in their attitude of righteousness, but not their contempt for laws.

The Perth Amboy police handled this reasonably well, I believe.  As the narrator notes, everything was within the law.  The confrontation happened as a result of the above-mentioned arrogance of the bike riders.  As a biker myself (I have a Cannondale SR-2000 for street, and a Trek 1100 for off-road), I sympathize with the surrounding automobile drivers who had to watch out for such bikers (surely, if there had been an accident, the bikers would have been all over the driver).  The bikers have gone from self-righteousness, to contempt for everyone else on the road.

But note one thing: the police only arrested a black biker (red bike).  There seems to have been plenty of protagonists among the bikers, but the officer settled only on the black man.  Given the situation, it looks like the police only felt secure in arresting a black man.  Any of the white guys might have been the son of the mayor...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:40 pm

The kids were obnoxious but I don't see them destroying any property.

Every month I ride in critical mass, which is a protest ride started in Quill's city. We block traffic in order to move as a group and not get split up. The cops leave us alone.

I saw this video when it first came out. Something that wasn't mentioned is that these kids live in a different town. Are kids supposed to license their bikes in every town they live in?

Thankfully, we don't have dumb laws like bike registration around here.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down