NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White House staffers asked to resign or work remotely after revealing past marijuana use

3 posters

Go down

White House staffers asked to resign or work remotely after revealing past marijuana use Empty White House staffers asked to resign or work remotely after revealing past marijuana use

Post by Maddog Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:04 pm

CNN)Several White House staffers were asked to resign, were suspended or are working remotely after revealing past marijuana use during their background checks, sources familiar with the situation tell CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/19/politics/biden-white-house-staff-marijuana/index.html

Remind me what our VP admitted to doing in the past....
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

White House staffers asked to resign or work remotely after revealing past marijuana use Empty Re: White House staffers asked to resign or work remotely after revealing past marijuana use

Post by JulesV Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:53 pm

Did they inhale?
Asking for a friend. White House staffers asked to resign or work remotely after revealing past marijuana use 1366281442

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

White House staffers asked to resign or work remotely after revealing past marijuana use Empty Re: White House staffers asked to resign or work remotely after revealing past marijuana use

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:05 pm

JulesV wrote:Did they inhale?
Asking for a friend.  White House staffers asked to resign or work remotely after revealing past marijuana use 1366281442

Are you asking for Kamala, as she admitted to smoking pot in the past, then threw people in prison for it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:18 pm

Maddog wrote:
JulesV wrote:Did they inhale?
Asking for a friend.  White House staffers asked to resign or work remotely after revealing past marijuana use 1366281442

Are you asking for Kamala, as she admitted to smoking pot in the past, then threw people in prison for it.  
I'm shocked.  
She needs to face her demons and all the embarrasing skeletons in her closet, and fix the problems -
- before they become an issue.
She's got time.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Original Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:46 pm

lol!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:29 am

JulesV wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I'm shocked.  
She needs to face her demons and all the embarrasing skeletons in her closet, and fix the problems -
She's got time.

So the people fired from the white house have the same option?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:27 am

seems pretty daft considering more and more states are legalising marijuana use
i would be more concerned about alcohol and harder drug use than marijuana

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:08 am

Korben wrote:seems pretty daft considering more and more states are legalising marijuana use

Yup, but it's technically not legal according to the federal government, and they can dictate that their employees always follow federal law.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:43 am

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:seems pretty daft considering more and more states are legalising marijuana use

Yup, but it's technically not legal according to the federal government, and they can dictate that their employees always follow federal law.
I thought Joe was going to address that issue Ie state vs federal marijuana laws ?? i seem to remember something like that

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:42 am

Maddog wrote:
JulesV wrote:
I'm shocked.  
She's got time.

So the people fired from the white house have the same option?

Re instate them if they were good workers!
After all the world is becoming a more tolerant and more inclusive place.
And let's face it 'Mary Jane' is here to stay - she's going nowhere.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:47 pm

I wonder. Is it marijuana? Or is it the smoking?

With me, I don't know the difference between mj and tobacco...I don't smoke. But whichever, the idea of using your lungs as a drug delivery device is appalling.

When the state gave us the choice, we all (in my office) opted for no smoking in the entire building. That might well be what is going on with the White House...holdover Trump staffers high on mj, which I don't doubt, got fired for smoking in the building. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:09 pm

Original Quill wrote:I wonder.  Is it marijuana?  Or is it the smoking?

With me, I don't know the difference between mj and tobacco...I don't smoke.  But whichever, the idea of using your lungs as a drug delivery device is appalling.

When the state gave us the choice, we all (in my office) opted for no smoking in the entire building.  That might well be what is going on with the White House...holdover Trump staffers high on mj, which I don't doubt, got fired for smoking in the building.   Laughing

The article clearly states "past use".
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:11 pm

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I thought Joe was going to address that issue Ie state vs federal marijuana laws ?? i seem to remember something like that

There are plenty of people that wanted Joe to do something.

He's still an old school drug warrior. Don't expect him to change.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:45 pm

I smoked marijuana or more accurately "Grass" for 30 years  i have smoked some of the strongest strains available i did some of my best work after a doobie ,i would smoke easily 20 a day

And to be honest if you had met me in RL you would not have had a clue .
Most heavy users are the same no outward visible signs and no impairments
in fact if anything (apart from completely curing debilitating migraines) i found it aided concentration and mood, no issues with balance or anger or reflexes

i know many heavy users who are the same

That said this is not true for everybody some people i know get completely "stoned" to the point of debilitation and does effect individuals differently
it should NEVER be given or used by anyone under 21 as there brains are still developing but adults should be free to use it just like they are alcohol

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:33 am

If Kamala is serious about her future political ambitions she has some work to do to repair her image.

As a prosecutor her job was to put people behind bars. That is a conservative trait. It does not sit well with many of the people whose support she will need.

Keir Starmer has the exact problem with the Labour party grassroots  here. He was a prosecutor.

I do believe DEFENCE lawyers have an easier time. Even when Cohen (Trump's lawyer) was in jail, he was treated ok by his prison mates, they did not turn on him and in fact he speaks of them with fond memories.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:43 am

But...prosecutors are necessary if we are to have a society of peace and progress.

Wouldn't you like to have a vicious, draconian prosecutor going after Trump? Or, do want a snowflake like Obama, who refused even to prosecute Dick Cheney, the architect of lies and war, torture, rape, rendition and Guantanamo?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:53 am

Original Quill wrote:But...prosecutors are necessary if we are to have a society of peace and progress.

Wouldn't you like to have a vicious, draconian prosecutor going after Trump?  Or, do want a snowflake like Obama, who refused even to prosecute Dick Cheney, the architect of lies and war, torture, rape, rendition and Guantanamo?

I know.
But even if  .. say ....you believed in capital punishment - would you marry a woman whose job is to give lethal injections to D/R inmates?

Besides, there was  a lot of controversy and perceived injustice in some of those Kamala prosecutions, Quill ..... another story altogether, that will keep for another day.  Wink

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:06 am

JulesV wrote:
Original Quill wrote:But...prosecutors are necessary if we are to have a society of peace and progress.

Wouldn't you like to have a vicious, draconian prosecutor going after Trump?  Or, do want a snowflake like Obama, who refused even to prosecute Dick Cheney, the architect of lies and war, torture, rape, rendition and Guantanamo?

I know.
But even if  .. say ....you believed in capital punishment - would you marry a woman whose job is to give lethal injections to D/R inmates?

Besides, there was  a lot of controversy and perceived injustice in some of those Kamala prosecutions, Quill ..... another story altogether, that will keep for another day.  Wink

No one believes in capital punishment anymore, except southern states, whose citizens are prone to violence and killing...especially if they are after blacks, Hispanics or women.  Bluntly stated, their dedication to violence and killing is one of the reasons I want to kick them out of the USA.

The northern and Pacific states all have abandoned capital punishment on their own, either legislatively or judicially.  I would be proud to attach myself to a woman whose dedication it was to bring peace and progress to my state.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:22 am

Meanwhile, Kamala has admitted past use.

Bit of a double standard.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down