NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite comic book memories from childhood..

+2
Maddog
Syl
6 posters

Go down

Favourite comic book memories from childhood.. Empty Favourite comic book memories from childhood..

Post by Syl Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:00 pm

Who doesn't remember Dennis the Menace? He is now 70 years old.  Shocked

Favourite comic book memories from childhood.. Dennis10

Beano comic is celebrating 70 years of its most famous character and the nation's favourite ten-year-old, Dennis The Menace.

Instantly recognisable with his red and black striped jumper and spikey black hair, the character first skyrocketed to fame after appearing in a Beano strip on 17th March 1951. He has been entertaining generations of children ever since.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/features/dennis-the-menace-is-70/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Favourite comic book memories from childhood.. Empty Re: Favourite comic book memories from childhood..

Post by Syl Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:16 pm

The Beano and Dandy were great, I read them and also bought my son and grandson the Christmas annuals for years.

Being a girl, I also loved the Bunty and the Judy weekly comics.

Favourite characters for me were 'The Four Mary's'...Decades later I still remember all their last names and the adventures they got into. Cool

Favourite comic book memories from childhood.. 12435410

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/four-marys/4060-57550/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Favourite comic book memories from childhood.. Empty Re: Favourite comic book memories from childhood..

Post by Guest Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:33 pm

I used to collect Marvel And DC comics when i was a kid,i had over two thousand spiderman,superman,teen titans, iron man,captain marvel ect ect
i had a big wardrobe packed full of them many 1st additions and today highly collectable ones.

when we moved back to Scotland when i was 18 there was little room in the truck we hired ,my dad promised we would come back for them, we never did  my dad has been dead for 30 years and to this day i still haven't forgiven him ,today that collection would be worth hundreds of thousands of pounds Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:06 pm

Korben wrote:I used to collect Marvel And DC comics when i was a kid,i had over two thousand spiderman,superman,teen titans, iron man,captain marvel ect ect
i had a big wardrobe packed full of them many 1st additions and today highly collectable ones.

when we moved back to Scotland when i was 18 there was little room in the truck we hired ,my dad promised we would come back for them, we never did  my dad has been dead for 30 years and to this day i still haven't forgiven him ,today that collection would be worth hundreds of thousands of pounds Sad Sad

That's a shame, but unfortunately people cant see into the future, if they could I'm sure your dad would have gone back and collected the comics .

My son still has a go at me for giving away his original star wars figures and space ships etc, he had every model available back in the 70's, some were still boxed. Embarassed
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:16 pm

I was never into them. I've never seen any of the movies either.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:32 pm

Maddog wrote:I was never into them.  I've never seen any of the movies either.  

So what did you read when you were little Maddog?
All kids like to be transported somewhere magical by reading about dare devil characters in comics.

My grandson was mad on Spiderman for a time, insisting he WAS actually Spiderman.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:07 pm

I was never into the girly comics. I tried Bunty for a while but the Four Mary's bored the arse off me and it was so sickly sugary I couldn't stand it, even at 8 years old. I was a DC comic girl. Superman was my favourite, then Supergirl, then the Green Lantern. I had all those comics, I wish I'd kept them!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

LiamOgden likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:05 pm

I loved Viz comics when I was younger. They were quite unique back then and a little out there.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:12 pm

I love Spider-Man -- first ever superhero story that was mainly about how he was an ordinary broke guy trying to navigate everyday life -- but my first brush with comics was some of the Batman stories in the late 80s - early 90s. Dark, fantastic, twisted stuff.

I also read some of the Sandman ones in high school, they were good.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:24 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:I was never into them.  I've never seen any of the movies either.  

All kids like to be transported somewhere magical by reading about dare devil characters in comics.

My grandson was mad on Spiderman for a time, insisting he WAS actually Spiderman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hardy_Boys

Even as a small child, I was never into fantasy. I don't ever remember believing in Santa Claus or anything that I would consider fake or unrealistic. At least not by the time I was reading. I watched some of the old Batman show with Adam West, but he couldn't fly or shoot webs out of his hands, so he was somewhat realistic.

I guess the closest I got to anything like that was Godzilla movies and the like.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:37 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Even as a small child, I was never into fantasy. I don't ever remember believing in Santa Claus or anything that I would consider fake or unrealistic. At least not by the time I was reading. I watched some of the old Batman show with Adam West, but he couldn't fly or shoot webs out of his hands, so he was somewhat realistic.  

I guess the closest I got to anything like that was Godzilla movies and the like.

You never believed in Santa Claus. Shocked
I bet you were no fun when your dad wanted to creep into your room on Christmas eve all dressed up. santa
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:42 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I bet you were no fun when your dad wanted to creep into your room on Christmas eve all dressed up. santa

I might have believed, but I have no recollection of it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:59 pm

I used to have Bunty and Judy, my sister had Girl and my brother had the Eagle, used to like them all but especially the Eagle, loved Dan Dare and the Mekon.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:44 pm

Vintage wrote:I used to have Bunty and Judy, my sister had Girl and my brother had the Eagle, used to like them all but especially the Eagle, loved Dan Dare and the Mekon.
We are kindred spirits Vintage.
The Bunty and judy comics were great. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:31 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

And that must be a British thing. What would Santa be doing in someones room?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:41 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

And that must be a British thing.  What would Santa be doing in someones room?

Leaving the pressies at the bottom of the bed. santa
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:57 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

And that must be a British thing.  What would Santa be doing in someones room?

Yeah. We have one if those tree things over here.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:02 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yeah.  We have one if those tree things over here.  

Gosh...you are so advanced compared to us. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down