NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

+2
'Wolfie
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Go down

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Empty SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:19 pm

The Daly Star reports that British SAS soldiers have been banned from wearing The Punisher logo badges on their helmet as it looks too much like the Nazi Germany SS Death’s Head image.

SAS troopers picked up the imagery after serving alongside US Navy Seals in Iraq, with troopers being handed one by their squad after their first combat kill.

The paper quotes ex-Sergeant Trevor Coult, head of the foundation For Our Veterans as saying, “The Ministry of Defence should be doing everything in its power to support the SAS, not messing around telling them what they can and can’t wear on operations. This is politically correct nonsense and it ludicrous.”

Jesus please us, this is just a really hyper-masculine type of thing that any young male in that line of work would tend to do, and they're making it out to be a white supremacy thing. Such horrendous bullshit, and inevitably the sort of thing that people will use to crucify everybody on the left.

Could we seriously stop?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02/04/british-sas-troops-told-to-stop-putting-punisher-skulls-on-their-helmets/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Empty Re: SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:22 pm

Nazi symbol:

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" 220px-3rd_SS_Division_Logo.svg

Punisher logo:

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" 03e08d6af0880e6d44ede1f9444c714e

They're hardly similar. If that's too close to the Nazi symbol, so is a Dia de Muertos skull:

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" 177-SugarSkull_ae39212a-a750-4793-a252-63afe1362765_large
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Empty Re: SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol"

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:33 am

What a Face

IF the Punisher symbol looks close to anything,  than it would have to be the Phantom's "Skull Ring"  !
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:38 pm

Looks like the loonys are taking over the L/W assylum......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:06 pm

Can't remember ever seeing an SAS man wearing an Helmet !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:25 pm

nicko wrote:Can't remember ever seeing an SAS man wearing an Helmet !

That's a good point.  'Course, I was never in WWII, either.  But the Schutzstaffel (SS) meant the...

Wiki wrote:"Protection Squadron".  [It] was a major paramilitary organization under Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party (NSDAP) in Nazi Germany, and later throughout German-occupied Europe during World War II.

So it really wasn't a military unit, per se.  The history is interesting:

Wiki wrote:It began with a small guard unit known as the Saal-Schutz ("Hall Security") made up of NSDAP volunteers to provide security for party meetings in Munich. In 1925, Heinrich Himmler joined the unit, which had by then been reformed and given its final name. Under his direction (1929–45) it grew from a small paramilitary formation to one of the most powerful organizations in Nazi Germany. From 1929 until the regime's collapse in 1945, the SS was the foremost agency of security, surveillance, and terror within Germany and German-occupied Europe.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:31 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Looks like the loonys are taking over the L/W assylum......

Indeed, the skull symbol has been used by many within war.

Just because the Waffen SS used this symbol, does not mean they own this symbol.

I mean our British Submarines always fly the Skull and crossbones, with successful patrols

SAS soldiers told not to put a comic book character's logo on helmets because it "resembles a Nazi symbol" Article-1372804-0B748C0300000578-419_468x394

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:54 pm

I think that picture is of HMS Conqueror returning to base after sinking the Argentine Battleship Belgrano !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:58 pm

nicko wrote:I think that picture is of HMS Conqueror returning to base after sinking the Argentine Battleship Belgrano !

Sorry buddy, that is HMS Triumph

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1372804/Return-Triumph-With-skull-crossbones-flying-defiantly-mast-submarine-launched-attack-Gaddafi-comes-home.html

HMS Conqueror did fly the skull and crossbone though after the sinking of the Belgrano

Hence its very much a tradition in sea warfare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jolly_Roger

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:24 am

I wasn't far off though was I ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:25 am

By the way it's 1.25 am here, can I get to sleep ? no bloody chance !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:43 am

nicko wrote:By the way it's 1.25 am here,    can I get to sleep ? no bloody chance !

Snap. Razz
Who cares, I can have a lie in if I want to....cant you?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:52 am

No, if I do that and go to sleep, I wake up staggering all over the place and with a bloody Headache !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:55 am

nicko wrote:I wasn't far off though was I ?

You were spot on mate that they also flew the flag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down