NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump fires Attorney General Wm. Barr

3 posters

Go down

Trump fires Attorney General Wm. Barr Empty Trump fires Attorney General Wm. Barr

Post by Original Quill Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:04 pm

After railing at United States Attorney General Bill Barr over the weekend on Twitter, Trump has fired Mr. Barr this afternoon.  There were two obvious reasons for Trump's doing this: (1) Mr. Barr publicly stated that the Department of Justice had uncovered no evidence of voter fraud since the date of the election; and (2) that Mr. Barr had refused to deviate from Justice Department rules, to make public the investigation of President-elect Joe Biden's son, which Trump people might have used for fodder during the election.

The question now is, what does Trump plan to do with the Department of Justice, and will it be legal?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Trump fires Attorney General Wm. Barr Empty Re: Trump fires Attorney General Wm. Barr

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:14 pm

I think Trump had a fantasy that people he appointed, like Barr and the many judges he's installed, would have unflagging loyalty to him rather than to the law. After all, he thought that Eric Holder's job was to protect Obama, an example of how he thinks and how he can completely misread things.

What it shows is that the only people who really think Trump should be some kind of king are his most rabid supporters, not anybody with the brain cells to get an important job in the federal government.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Trump fires Attorney General Wm. Barr Empty Re: Trump fires Attorney General Wm. Barr

Post by Original Quill Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:25 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I think Trump had a fantasy that people he appointed, like Barr and the many judges he's installed, would have unflagging loyalty to him rather than to the law. After all, he thought that Eric Holder's job was to protect Obama, an example of how he thinks and how he can completely misread things.

What it shows is that the only people who really think Trump should be some kind of king are his most rabid supporters, not anybody with the brain cells to get an important job in the federal government.

Trump's model for the role of Attorney General was Roy Cohn, the lawyer best known for being Senator Joseph McCarthy's chief counsel during the Army–McCarthy hearings in 1954, and thereafter even better known for defending many mob figures in the 60's and 70's Mafia hearings.  There, if you didn't agree with the boss, you ended up face down in the East River.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:31 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I think Trump had a fantasy that people he appointed, like Barr and the many judges he's installed, would have unflagging loyalty to him rather than to the law. After all, he thought that Eric Holder's job was to protect Obama, an example of how he thinks and how he can completely misread things.

Well, Barr gets released a month early. It will give him more time for Christmas shopping I guess.

I haven't seen what all my Trump supporting friends have said about this. Maybe it will finally shut them up, but I doubt it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:34 pm

They'll find a way to make Trump a righteous victim, no doubt. He could claim his own actions were forced upon him by the Deep State and they'd lap it up.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:41 pm

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/14/811276917/william-barr-to-steps-down-as-attorney-general

Actually he resigned.

Not a huge difference but something our resident fucking attorney should have known.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:47 pm

Soz...I just bypassed that bullshit to get to the real point: his ass was fired.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:Soz...I just bypassed that bullshit to get to the real point: his ass was fired.

"In a letter to the president, Barr said he is proud to have played a role in Trump's administration, and said he would depart December 23."

He's still there, not that I give a shit.

But once again, you're fucking wrong, and once again, your arrogance will prevent you from admitting as much.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:12 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Soz...I just bypassed that bullshit to get to the real point: his ass was fired.

"In a letter to the president, Barr said he is proud to have played a role in Trump's administration, and said he would depart December 23."

But once again, you're fucking wrong, and once again, your arrogance will prevent you from admitting as much.  

You've got the intelligence of a goat's ass, and the situational awareness of a python eating an alligator. You haven't been paying attention?

Barr let loose some embarrassing tidbits in the past couple of weeks. We knew he was on his way out when he publicly announced he had no evidence of voter fraud; fcs, Trump's future is riding on his claim that he lost the election because of voter fraud. And, when Barr announced he had held back the investigation on Biden's son, he knew that Trump could have used that as an oppo argument during the campaign.

I heard southerners were dumb, but for shit sake, wake up. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:18 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You've got the intelligence of a goat's ass, and the situational awareness of a python eating an alligator.  You haven't been paying attention?

Barr let loose some embarrassing tidbits in the past couple of weeks.  We knew he was on his way out when he publicly announced he had no evidence of voter fraud; fcs, Trump's future is riding on his claim that he lost the election because of voter fraud.  And, when Barr announced he had held back the investigation on Biden's son, he knew that Trump could have used that as an oppo argument during the campaign.

I heard southerners were dumb, but for shit sake, wake up.  Rolling Eyes

So he's still there, not fired. Like I said.

And I know what Barr has been saying.

Unlike you, I'm actually informed.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:23 am

Maddog wrote:So he's still there, not fired. Like I said.

Oh...you're a Republican, I forgot. You believe Trump's bullshit.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:25 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:So he's still there, not fired. Like I said.

Oh...you're a Republican, I forgot.  You believe Trump's bullshit.

No, I know what being fired means.

Fired people clean out their desks that day.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down