NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morag Hood Brenda is a Sheep | The Bookbug Picture Book Prize 2021 - Red Flag

Go down

Morag Hood Brenda is a Sheep | The Bookbug Picture Book Prize 2021 - Red Flag Empty Morag Hood Brenda is a Sheep | The Bookbug Picture Book Prize 2021 - Red Flag

Post by Didgee on Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWGZT46TN9E

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/education/edinburgh-authors-make-scottish-book-trust-prize-shortlist-2994311

Didgee

Back to top Go down

Morag Hood Brenda is a Sheep | The Bookbug Picture Book Prize 2021 - Red Flag Empty Re: Morag Hood Brenda is a Sheep | The Bookbug Picture Book Prize 2021 - Red Flag

Post by Maddog on Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:51 pm

Its 2020. Dont assume a wolf's species. It can be anything it wants.

Now I want some lamb chops. Cool

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Morag Hood Brenda is a Sheep | The Bookbug Picture Book Prize 2021 - Red Flag Empty Re: Morag Hood Brenda is a Sheep | The Bookbug Picture Book Prize 2021 - Red Flag

Post by Original Quill on Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:57 pm

At least we know Brenda is a Republican/Tory.

"What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine." ― Old Republican proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars (1993).

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:13 pm

Who is Brenda and why is she a sheep? scratch

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:32 pm

eddie wrote:Who is Brenda and why is she a sheep? scratch

Shes not a sheep.

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:26 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:Who is Brenda and why is she a sheep? scratch

Shes not a sheep.  

Who is Brenda, the non-sheep?

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee on Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:30 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Shes not a sheep.  

Who is Brenda, the non-sheep?

Brenda in the story is a wolf in sheep's clothing

Brenda throughout is a predator, which at the end the sheep have been befuddled to believe and trust this wolf. Who's aim throughout was to eat them

The book never tells you what later happens to those sheep

We can all guess

Didgee

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:31 pm

Oh okay, thanks for the explanation.

eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill on Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:20 am

Brenda is a closet Republican or Libertarian, ready and willing to ruin (eat) one's brothers and sisters.

"What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine." ― Old Republican proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars (1993).

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:41 am

Original Quill wrote:Brenda is a closet Republican or Libertarian, ready and willing to ruin (eat) one's brothers and sisters.

Not a sheep, but a cannibal then?

eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:14 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Brenda is a closet Republican or Libertarian, ready and willing to ruin (eat) one's brothers and sisters.

Not a sheep, but a cannibal then?

She would only be a cannibal if she ate other wolves.

noun

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum