NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can anyone help?

+5
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
eddie
Maddog
Syl
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can anyone help? Empty Can anyone help?

Post by Syl Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:55 pm

Maybe someone has experienced this problem before.
On laptop I am on Windows 10 and use the Edge browser....not had that many problems with it for ages.

But, 2 days ago, and only when i am trying to use a search engine, my scroll bar disappears, it flashes at the bottom right hand corner for a nano second....then it's gone.
I cant scroll, cant use the up/down keys, cant finger  scroll either.

I tried to follow a youtube help vid, and managed to also lose my cursor.....found that now though. cheers

If anyone can help I would be very happy.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help? Empty Re: Can anyone help?

Post by Maddog Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:04 am

Throw it in the river.

Buy a new one.

Was that helpful? Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:05 am

I’m IT stupid. But I’m sure someone will answer you.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:08 am

Not very familiar with Windows 10, as I only used it at work a few years ago, and I'm not at all familar with Edge, as I prefer Chrome.

So here's something that might actually be of help, outside of switching to Chrome (or Firefox). I just found it on a search:

Hit Windows+I to open Settings. ... In the Settings window, click the “Ease of Access” category. On the left side of the Ease of Access screen, click the “Display” option. On the right, turn off the “Automatically Hide Scroll Bars In Windows” toggle to make sure your scrollbars don't disappear anymore.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:20 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Not very familiar with Windows 10, as I only used it at work a few years ago, and I'm not at all familar with Edge, as I prefer Chrome.

So here's something that might actually be of help, outside of switching to Chrome (or Firefox). I just found it on a search:

Hit Windows+I to open Settings. ... In the Settings window, click the “Ease of Access” category. On the left side of the Ease of Access screen, click the “Display” option. On the right, turn off the “Automatically Hide Scroll Bars In Windows” toggle to make sure your scrollbars don't disappear anymore.
I  already tried that Ben, it made no difference.
I have downloaded chrome and i dont have the scroll problem there, so if I need to use a search bar i swap over, dont like it though, it's a nuisance having to swap between 2 browsers..also  Chrome seems to slow my laptop down.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:38 am

Syl wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Not very familiar with Windows 10, as I only used it at work a few years ago, and I'm not at all familar with Edge, as I prefer Chrome.

I have downloaded chrome and i dont have the scroll problem there, so if I need to use a search bar i swap over, dont like it though, it's a nuisance having to swap between 2 browsers..also  Chrome seems to slow my laptop down.

Sorry, like I said, I'm not familiar with your setup and to be fair, if it wasn't for eddie nagging me to help you out, you'd have gotten exactly two things from me, the two things being "jack" and "shit."

Can anyone help? 1366281442
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:40 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:

Sorry, like I said, I'm not familiar with your setup and to be fair, if it wasn't for eddie nagging me to help you out, you'd have gotten exactly two things from me, the two things being "jack" and "shit."

Hahaha.....well you tried, albeit under pressure. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:42 am

Maddog wrote:Throw it in the river.

Buy a new one.

Was that helpful? Cool
Not really, it's not an old laptop, not by my standards anyway.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:45 am

eddie wrote:I’m IT stupid. But I’m sure someone will answer you.
Me too Eddie, I naively thought maybe pressing a combination of keys might bring it back.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:26 am

Syl wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:

Hahaha.....well you tried, albeit under pressure. Cool

I think your best bet is to switch browsers. Maybe Firefox? There are plenty of others if you're willing to experiment a bit.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:41 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I’m IT stupid. But I’m sure someone will answer you.
Me too Eddie, I naively thought maybe pressing a combination of keys might bring it back.

Not naive. Lots of alterations are keyboard/mouse related. Did you hit the 'num lock' key or click the mouse somewhere on the screen?

My 'repeat/insert' function has disappeared due to some such mistake. I'm too lazy to figure it out.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:50 pm

Syl wrote:Maybe someone has experienced this problem before.
On laptop I am on Windows 10 and use the Edge browser....not had that many problems with it for ages.

But, 2 days ago, and only when i am trying to use a search engine, my scroll bar disappears, it flashes at the bottom right hand corner for a nano second....then it's gone.
I cant scroll, cant use the up/down keys, cant finger  scroll either.

I tried to follow a youtube help vid, and managed to also lose my cursor.....found that now though. cheers

If anyone can help I would be very happy.

Might be something to do with browser settings, maybe 'autohide' or tick in a box saying 'don't show' or something...

Could try uninstalling it and then reinstall it again?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:52 pm

I use Firefox myself... But I've heard a couple of the others are quite good too...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:56 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:Throw it in the river.

Buy a new one.

Was that helpful? Cool

Have you tried tapping it 6 times with a wooden spoon?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:13 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Have you tried tapping it 6 times with a wooden spoon?
Yes, and i clicked my heels together at the same time whistling dixie....it didn't help. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:18 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I use Firefox myself... But I've heard a couple of the others are quite good too...

I am using Chrome now Tommy. I installed it but my laptop ran slow so I uninstalled it....the none scroll made the Edge impossible to keep, so I reinstalled Chrome again, and I am trying to get used to it.

If I cant get used to it I will try Firefox.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:22 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Not naive.  Lots of alterations are keyboard/mouse related.  Did you hit the 'num lock' key or click the mouse somewhere on the screen?  

My 'repeat/insert' function has disappeared due to some such mistake.  I'm too lazy to figure it out.
My screen went upside down a while ago Quill, seems i had inadvertently pressed something on the keyboard....son pressed a couple of keys and it was back to normal.....luckily, because i was getting a cricked neck.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:29 am

The first computer I had lasted a long time with no problems along the way, not much seemed to happen if you pressed the wrong keys.
This last one is a different kettle of fish altogether, I've had problems with sound, e mails cursors disappearing, an update meant I couldn't use Sky on my desktop until the next update put it right etc.
Windows 10 seems bit of a nightmare Looking foe help usually doesn't make any sense, to me anyway, it's tech speak. I suppose it's because there's more going on in more modern stuff, could be me getting dafter though.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:51 am

Vintage wrote:The first computer I had lasted a long time with no problems along the way, not much seemed to happen if you pressed the wrong keys.
This last one is a different kettle of fish altogether, I've had problems with sound, e mails cursors disappearing, an update meant I couldn't use Sky on my desktop until the next update put it right etc.
Windows 10 seems bit of a nightmare Looking foe help usually doesn't make any sense, to me anyway, it's tech speak. I suppose it's because there's more going on in more modern stuff, could be me getting dafter though.

No you are right Vintage, if not we are both getting dafter. Razz

My first laptop lasted years, it was a Toshiba....second a HP lasted less than 2 years, I have had this one 18 months.
It's the updates on Windows 10 that mess everything up.
I used to be able to C & P with a click of a button, one update ruined all that, now I have to mess about for ages before it pastes...but the missing scroll bar, and also the fact that I cant scroll using keys was the last straw.

Following one of the 'Help' Youtubes I also managed to lose my cursor at one point. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Vintage wrote:The first computer I had lasted a long time with no problems along the way, not much seemed to happen if you pressed the wrong keys.

My first laptop lasted years, it was a Toshiba....second a HP lasted less than 2 years, I have had this one 18 months.
I used to be able to C & P with a click of a button, one update ruined all that, now I have to mess about for ages before it pastes...but the missing scroll bar, and also the fact that I cant scroll using keys was the last straw.

Following one of the 'Help' Youtubes I also managed to lose my cursor at one point. Rolling Eyes

hi syl

i only ever use chrome. i really like it

gelico
Forum Detective

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:55 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

hi syl

i only ever use chrome.  i really like it

Hiya Gels, I was asking where you were the other day, I missed you.
It's nice to see you back. cheers Hope you are doing OK.

I do hate having to change everything round, but like everything it's just a matter of getting used to a new screen etc, I know loads of people like Chrome, so I will stick with it. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:11 pm

Syl? SYLLLLL? Are you still lost in cyberspace, floating about and calling out?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:48 pm

Hi Eddie.....I am still having problems. Rolling Eyes
I installed Chrome, it slowed down my laptop so I uninstalled it, tried to work with a disappearing scroll bar , after tearing my hair out for a day or two reinstalled Chrome again, and it worked OK after updating and cleaning anything and everything I could think of.

However....with the installation of Chrome a search bar called PALIKAN has hitched in, it pops up as soon as I log in, isn't secure, and I don't bloody want it....and according to google no one else does either, but I cant get rid, even though I have followed all the advice.

I may (when I can be bothered) uninstall Chrome and find another browser, it's so much messing about though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:12 pm

Is there a computer epidemic as well.
Had a message that my computer was blocked someone using my IP address, call this number, do not turn off your computer - so I did, couldn't get rid of it otherwise. Tried in vain to find this bundling thing to remove it, can't find it or I don't recognise it.
Then put my notebook on and its in an automatic repair cycle that no instructions work forgetting out of.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:42 pm

Vintage wrote:Is there a computer epidemic as well.
Had a message that my computer was blocked someone using my IP address, call this number, do not turn off your computer - so I did, couldn't get rid of it otherwise. Tried in vain to find this bundling thing to remove it, can't find it or I don't recognise it.
Then put my notebook on and its in an automatic repair cycle that no instructions work forgetting out of.
It sounds like a scam to me Vintage.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:20 pm

Vintage... That sounds like a scam to me too... The number is probably some high rate premium line that keeps you on hold for ever to rack up the money...

Try booting up in safe mode... Used to be hold down f5 while restarting pc but think it is now the shift key on Windows 10...

If it's a virus it is probably launching itself on startup... I still run old operating systems and run "msconfig" in command option, and can deselect things from bootup from there...

But could also be a boot sector virus...

Syl... Try using Firefox!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:12 pm

Syl...Firefox is superior, except I use Chrome as it has a superior ad-blocker.

Vintage...it is a scam.  When you call, a helpful aide will answer and say enough for you to give him access to your computer.  You think he is going to repair whatever it is, but then he will quote you several hundred dollars to 'fix it'.  If you resist, he will scram your entire computer...it is called a tech support scam.  Beware. https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2018/07/warn-your-friends-about-tech-support-scams

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:22 pm

Yes guessed it was a scam, I treat everything as a scam these days until its proved otherwise but after looking it up to check on Microsoft it advised uninstalling the programme this came with, I did check but can't identify it to delete it. There is a host of Microsoft stuff, and one thing I did download which was genuine as far as I know but I uninstalled that to be sure I just hope I haven't missed it and its lurking somewhere, last time I tried to get rid of something I ended up having to have windows re installed.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:52 pm

There is a related scam…I call it the ‘front door scam’ because the scammers seem to hang around the front door of Microsoft and HP, and the like.  If you have a problem, and the Microsoft and HP people put you in a queue (“on hold”), they will come on while you wait and say they are affiliated, or somehow related, and ask you how can they help?  They use the putative relationship to gain your confidence. They sometimes claim they are backup for Microsoft and HP, or whatever host company, and they are assigned to pick up the slack. I don’t know how they find you, but they do.

From there, it’s the same as the tech support scam.  They try to gain entrance to your computer, then hold you up for $$$.  They scram your computer if you don’t comply.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:37 pm

Best thing you can do is put your windows installation on a separate partition on your hard drive or on a separate hard drive entirely... And put all your installation software and all your files and data on another...

Then you can easily format your operating system drive/partition and reinstall the OS and then reinstall all all the app software you want to use, and always have a fresh clean and bug free OS to use.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:24 pm

Ok I'll look into that. Thanks Tommy, Quill.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:47 pm

For example... My old PC (that I put together myself about 20 years ago and still use a bit) is set up with 2 X 40gb hard drives inside it... and when I first started getting it up and running, the first thing I did was to boot into MS-DOS (Microsoft disk operating system) from a version I already had on a 3.5inch floppy disk... and used the commands available within it to format and partition the drives into 4 x 20gb sections...

So... I could then install one windows version on the first C: drive partition... Another operating system on the D: drive partition... Leaving E: and F: partitions for storing everything else...

Then whenever one of the operating systems gets a bit glitchy, I can easily boot up into the other OS and go into MS-DOS and format the problem OS partition and then also run the windows installation files stored on either E: or F: partition drives... Then when installed I can then boot up into it and then access all the other drivers and software packages and service packs etc that I want on it from where I have already got them saved also on the E: and F: drive partitions...

Result is a quick and easy fresh install of OS and software and drivers etc on the problem glitchy OS... and nothing lost cos it's already stored on E: and F: drives...

Been doing it regularly for years regardless of any glitches or hints of viruses etc... But also the first sign of any viruses or any problems then I do the format and reinstall anyway too!

And never had any real problems at all with anything!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:18 am

Tommy, to me you are speaking in an alien language now. scratch

But thank you and Quill, if I cant sort out this present problem I will try  Firefox.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:22 pm

Syl... Just install Firefox anyway and give it a go... You don't just have to have only one browser installed at a time... You can install as many as you like and use which ever one you want at any time...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:34 pm

I like Firefox but had a problem with Sky on it so had to use Chrome, I still have Firefox installed though.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:44 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Syl... Just install Firefox anyway and give it a go... You don't just have to have only one browser installed at a time... You can install as many as you like and use which ever one you want at any time...

Yes...although I use Chrome, I still have Internet Explorer and Firefox, and in fact, I've loaded Microsoft Edge too. But I go back to Chrome, as the most useful.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:56 pm

Firefox is a light browser as far as using up computer resources, so it runs quick... Plus it is open source software and has no hidden monitoring stuff on it... Plus you have a good deal of control over privacy settings... As well as a few available add ons that increase privacy even more eg a cookie data fabrication add on and another that inverts screen to a dark mode which is easy on the eye...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:19 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Syl... Just install Firefox anyway and give it a go... You don't just have to have only one browser installed at a time... You can install as many as you like and use which ever one you want at any time...

Thanks Tommy.
I have given Chrome one last chance.
I uninstalled it again to get rid of the hitcher.
Reinstalled it again....had to reprogram all my bookmarks, passwords etc, (which was why I didn't want to install a new search engine really) but so far it's working OK now.

Thanks for your advice though. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:34 pm

Well install Firefox as well anyway and have a little play around with it to see what you think...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Well install Firefox as well anyway and have a little play around with it to see what you think...

I will Tommy, thanks.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:11 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

That bloody Palikan came back on Chrome, so I have got rid for good, downloaded FIREFOX as you recommended, and so far I am finding it OK. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:26 pm

Never heard of palikan until now... a quick search on Google tells me it's a browser hijacker that redirects you to unwanted sites... And looks like it can be easily removed by following a series of steps... I wouldn't download any "removal tool" if I was you at this stage...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:20 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Never heard of palikan until now... a quick search on Google tells me it's a browser hijacker that redirects you to unwanted sites... And looks like it can be easily removed by following a series of steps... I wouldn't download any "removal tool" if I was you at this stage...

The only way I could remove it was by uninstalling Chrome, which is how it got on my laptop in the first place....so that's what I have done.
I am, like you suggested, having a play around on Firefox, there are a few things I cant work out yet, but I will get there.

One good thing is when I downloaded it I had the option to carry all my bookmarks, favourites etc over at the press of a button, that was very handy.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:47 am

How did a palikan get onto Chrome in the first place? Where did you get this copy of Chrome?

I doubt that Google would intentionally sell Chrome infected with a palikan. It would be helpful to all of us if you would state the source of your download so we can avoid it. It might also help you, in that some out here might know how to remove it so you can have a clean copy.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:28 pm

Quill, I just followed the instructions on what I presume is the genuine link....I posted the link below.

I tried it three times, installing then uninstalling, and three times the Palikan searchbar showed up as soon as I restarted my laptop.
I did inform Google Chrome that this malware that hitched itself into Chrome during instilation was the reason I didn't want it.

Incidentally, I could find no way of getting rid of Palikan and keeping Chrome, it didn't show up as a separate feature when I tried to uninstall it.

https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/chrome/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:48 pm

A former member inboxed me with these tips for you:

your problem is a " feature is by design on Microsoft Edge" Why in the world would they design the scroll bar to disappear ON PURPOSE is beyond me

first do a update for Windows 10 it may have been fixed as they are many complaints about this "feature

or Go to Settings > Ease of Access > Display and then turn-off "Automatically hide scroll bars in Windows"

or if you are using a mouse use the middle button on the page ,click it once and a up/down arrow should appear and moving the mouse above or below the icon that appears will scroll the page

if all else fails
Download a program named "Move Mouse". It is free, simple to use and may solve the problem or at least give him a workaround

Palikan is a browser-hijacking application that employs a deceptive software marketing method called 'bundling' to install on Internet browsers. This app infiltrates the Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers, modifying the new tab URL, homepage, and default search engine settings by assigning them to palikan.com. Furthermore, several applications called 'helper objects', which prevent users from reverting these changes, install together with this browser hijacker. Bundling is used to distribute these applications together with other software, and consequently, many users inadvertently install palikan.com together with free software download downloadable from freeware download websites.

go to pcrisk.com/removal-guides/8747-palikan-com-redirect

Korban dallas
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:55 pm

Thank you Ben for posting this, and thank you Korban Dallas for taking the trouble to notify you with this advice for me.
I think I remember that member, did he have an avi of Bruce Willis?

I am happy to have brought this PALIKAN hitcher to others attention, they may not have realised it's malware, tbh I didn't at first, I just thought it was the browser that Chrome used....how would you know if you have never used Chrome before?

I am using Firefox now, and touch wood everything seems good. OK, I cant get the spell checker to work even though it's switched on in Languages.....so no doubt my posts will be littered with sp mistakes for the foreseeable. Laughing

Thanks again. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:20 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:A former member inboxed me with these tips for you:

your problem is a " feature is by design on Microsoft Edge" Why in the world would they design the scroll bar to disappear ON PURPOSE is beyond me

first do a update for Windows 10 it may have been fixed as they are many complaints about this "feature

or Go to Settings > Ease of Access > Display and then turn-off "Automatically hide scroll bars in Windows"

or if you are using a mouse use the middle button on the page ,click it once and a up/down arrow should appear and moving the mouse above or below the icon that appears will scroll the page

if all else fails
Download a program named "Move Mouse". It is free, simple to use and may solve the problem or at least give him a workaround

Palikan is a browser-hijacking application that employs a deceptive software marketing method called 'bundling' to install on Internet browsers. This app infiltrates the Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers, modifying the new tab URL, homepage, and default search engine settings by assigning them to palikan.com. Furthermore, several applications called 'helper objects', which prevent users from reverting these changes, install together with this browser hijacker. Bundling is used to distribute these applications together with other software, and consequently, many users inadvertently install palikan.com together with free software download downloadable from freeware download websites.

go to pcrisk.com/removal-guides/8747-palikan-com-redirect

Korban dallas

THANK YOU KORBAN.. cheers

I went into 'Ease of access' again, had a good look around, I went into the MOUSE settings, turned on the buttons that were off, I don't have a separate mouse I have a touchscreen, anyway something worked ...I can now scroll again. on Edge.
Everything on Windows 10 has been updated recently, I have a feeling something was altered when they did the last big (and very slow) update....because that's when my ability to scroll up or down vanished.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:27 pm

My first post on this thread I said probably something to do with settings and a tick in a box...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:39 pm

Yeaaaaa Korbin. Great to see you, BTW. Ever the hero! cheers

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum