NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

personal choices and liberties being eroded.

+6
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
Maddog
Vintage
Syl
inmyopinion
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

personal choices and liberties being eroded. Empty personal choices and liberties being eroded.

Post by inmyopinion Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:16 am

It seems at the moment civil liberties are being taken away on a daily basis, at what point do the rightsof the individual totally succumb to "the greater good", how dangerous does that seem.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

personal choices and liberties being eroded. Empty Re: personal choices and liberties being eroded.

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:07 pm

inmyopinion wrote:It seems at the moment civil liberties are being taken away on a daily basis, at what point do the rightsof the individual totally succumb to "the greater good", how dangerous does that seem.

Obviously, since you are making numerous threads about all this and getting quite riled, it's bothering you a lot more than the average. Razz

Were you one of the people who campaigned long and hard (and lost) to continue smoking in bars and restaurants? Do you resent wearing a seat belt? Did you object to women and gays having equal rights?

Maybe you do maybe you don't, but you come across as someone who puts their own needs before the needs of society as a whole.

There is a big difference in living in a police state, which you seem to think is happening, and curtailing freedom temporarily to control a virus that is spread by human contact.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly and eddie like this post

Back to top Go down

personal choices and liberties being eroded. Empty Re: personal choices and liberties being eroded.

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:12 pm

And to add....as you keep on saying you, as an independent thinker (or moron) are living your life as normal, how come you are more upset than the millions of people , including myself, who for months hardly moved out from the house and garden, and as I live in a Tier 3 area, will probably go back to doing just that again for the foreseeable?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Eilzel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:31 pm

Syl wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:It seems at the moment civil liberties are being taken away on a daily basis, at what point do the rightsof the individual totally succumb to "the greater good", how dangerous does that seem.

Obviously, since you are making numerous threads about all this and getting quite riled, it's bothering you a lot more than the average. Razz

Were you one of the people who campaigned long and hard (and lost) to continue smoking in bars and restaurants? Do you resent wearing a seat belt?  Did you object to women and gays having equal rights?

Maybe you do maybe you don't, but you come across as someone who puts their own needs before the needs of society as a whole.

There is a big difference in living in a police state, which you seem to think is happening, and curtailing freedom temporarily to control a virus that is spread by human contact.

wrong on all fronts, as usual.
why do people haveing liberties frighten you so much, do you lock your self indoors,shaking on how scary the world would be if people thought for themselves.
Some people, not you of course, like to be told what to do, when, where and how, it saves you having to think for themselves.
Once the control stop you doing something you want or think is important, you will whinge like a little lefty bitch, just like all the others.
People should be free to choose, free to make choicesand mistakes, in a world that loves democracy that is.
in my opinion.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:34 pm

Syl wrote:And to add....as you keep on saying you, as an independent thinker (or moron)  are living your life as normal, how come you are more upset than the millions of people , including myself, who for months hardly moved out from the house and garden, and as I live in a Tier 3 area, will probably go back to doing just that again for the foreseeable?

Ha ha ha typical lefty, freethinkers are morons, the sheeple, led by the nose told what to do wear, eat and think are the intellectuals.
please don't wake out of your slumber, the gene pool is better without you.lol
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:07 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Syl wrote:

Were you one of the people who campaigned long and hard (and lost) to continue smoking in bars and restaurants? Do you resent wearing a seat belt?  Did you object to women and gays having equal rights?

why do people haveing liberties frighten you so much, do you lock your self indoors,shaking on how scary the world would be if people thought for themselves.
Some people, not you of course, like to be told what to do, when, where and how, it saves you having to think for themselves.
Once the control stop you doing something you want or think is important, you will whinge like a little lefty bitch, just like all the others.
People should be free to choose, free to make choicesand mistakes, in a world that loves democracy that is.
in my opinion.

If everyone had reasonable knowledge and logic it would be great to be free to pick and choose every law, rule or guidance we followed or chose not to.
Unfortunately, as you seem to be proving with your every post lately....that's not the case. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:37 pm

As civilised people we have rules and regulations to protect the majority of people who wouldn't be able to do so for themselves, to keep them from being hurt or exploited by thugs who'd forced their way to a position of power. Over hundreds of years people have given everything to have rules and regulations that apply to everyone. Perhaps you would like to live the pretty unpleasant live of a serf pre black death, because then the lord of the manor owned you body and soul and you had no rights or regulations, other than severe penalties if you tried to do your own thing.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:57 pm

I think my signature speaks for itself. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

inmyopinion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:20 pm

Syl wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

in my opinion.

If everyone had  reasonable knowledge and logic it would be great to be free to pick and choose every law, rule or guidance we followed or chose not to.
Unfortunately, as you seem to be proving with your every post lately....that's not the case. Wink

or if they agreed with you, what you believe and what you think is right, someone might wonder why we live in a brick box when the outdoors are so good, it doesn't make them wrong, just different.

In my experience the lefties who shout everyone should be who they are, are the ones who scream the loudest when everyone does not conform, kinda weird that.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:15 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Syl wrote:

If everyone had  reasonable knowledge and logic it would be great to be free to pick and choose every law, rule or guidance we followed or chose not to.

or if they agreed with you, what you believe and what you think is right, someone might wonder why we live in a brick box when the outdoors are so good, it doesn't make them wrong, just different.

In my experience the lefties who shout everyone should be who they are, are the ones who scream the loudest when everyone does not conform, kinda weird that.

So talk sense then.

You see yourself as some free thinking rebel dont you and everyone else who is going along with the present restrictions as sheep??

So.....do you refuse to wear a mask when you enter shops etc?
Are you exempt or just flouting the rule?
If you are just flouting the rule you could be asked to leave....where does that get you?

I stayed in for the first few months because I am in the vulnerable age group and my OH is diabetic, neither of us want to catch the virus, but why would that make you talk to me with disdain??
I am not asking anyone else to stay in, you and everyone else can go where you like.

I do expect others to keep a 2 metre distance when possible if I am out, but why should that upset you?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:25 pm

Syl wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

So talk sense then.

You see yourself as some free thinking rebel dont you and everyone else who is going along with the present restrictions as sheep??

If you are just flouting the rule you could be asked to leave....where does that get you?

I stayed in for the first few months because I am in the vulnerable age group and my OH is diabetic, neither of us want to catch the virus, but why would that make you talk to me with disdain??
I am not asking anyone else to stay in, you and everyone else can go where you like.

I do expect others to keep a 2 metre distance when possible if I am out, but why should that upset you?

I see what I see, I weigh it up and try to apply logic to it. the best I can when you add to the mix what can we accept as fact and what is bs, the best we can hope for is to read what makes sense because what makes sense is usually based in truth.
because you are the type that would have us all locked down, wearing masks and shaking in fear because what you believe.
0.004% does not make a lethal disease/virus, whatever.
I would like to see people enjoying life, living life, working, earning, selling, buying, holidaying because sooner or later the covid bs will end but lives and the economy will continue.
whatever this "new" norm is they are trying to force is neither new or normal.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:30 pm

Syl wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

So talk sense then.

I do expect others to keep a 2 metre distance when possible if I am out,
but why should that upset you?

That's part of what is argued in the Barrington thing... Protect the older and vulnerable groups and just let everyone else behave as normal... If we'd done this then by now the virus would have done the rounds in the least vulnerable groups, the overwhelming vast majority of the population, and we'd have herd immunity already... Which would mean everyone was safe to go back to normal...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

inmyopinion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:39 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Syl wrote:

So talk sense then.

I see what I see, I weigh it up and try to apply logic to it. the best I can when you add to the mix what can we accept as fact and what is bs, the best we can hope for is to read what makes sense because what makes sense is usually based in truth.
because you are the type that would have us all locked down, wearing masks and shaking in fear because what you believe.
0.004% does not make a lethal disease/virus, whatever.
I would like to see people enjoying life, living life, working, earning, selling, buying, holidaying because sooner or later the covid bs will end but lives and the economy will continue.
whatever this "new" norm is they are trying to force is neither new or normal.

You have no idea what 'My type' is. Laughing

I am not dictating to anyone else what to do or what to think....it's you who seem to resent the fact that I am following local guidelines....you can do as you please.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:45 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:

So talk sense then.

I do expect others to keep a 2 metre distance when possible if I am out,
but why should that upset you?

That's part of what is argued in the Barrington thing... Protect the older and vulnerable groups and just let everyone else behave as normal... If we'd done this then by now the virus would have done the rounds in the least vulnerable groups, the overwhelming vast majority of the population, and we'd have herd immunity already... Which would mean everyone was safe to go back to normal...!

In theory that may work, but in practice, according to all the facts and figures, it doesn't.

Many people in the older age bracket (60+) still work full time or mind their grandkids full time. A lot don't have access to the internet so cant organise home shopping. Many don't have family or friends to help them, so they have to be out and about whether they like it or not.

And don't forget Tommy...many older people who live alone have already self isolated for months, their mental health has to be considered here too.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:40 pm

As I said before there are some people who don't give a damn about older or other vulnerable people, some of whom like the fitness guy had no idea he was vulnerable with the potential heart problem, which might never have become a problem if not for the virus, its the same old I'm ok Jack attitude.
Its rather paranoid to think measures taken to stop or control this virus are eroding your liberties and personal choices.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:48 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

In theory that may work, but in practice, according to all the facts and figures, it doesn't.

Many people in the older age bracket (60+) still work full time or mind their grandkids full time. A lot don't have access to the internet so cant organise home shopping. Many don't have family or friends to help them, so they have to be out and about whether they like it or not.

And don't forget Tommy...many older people who live alone have already self isolated for months, their mental health has to be considered here too.

People in their 60s could still work while taking precautions...grandparents haven't really been looking after kids for last 6 months anyway cos of risks, and shopping could be done with precautions too or done by somebody else and dropped at the door for them, I've been doing my mum's shopping every week for months now...

Over last 6 months, if everyone else had carried on as normal then the virus would have done the rounds through everyone else by now...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:51 pm

Vintage wrote:As I said before there are some people who don't give a damn about older or other vulnerable people, some of whom like the fitness guy had no idea he was vulnerable with the potential heart problem, which might never have become a problem if not for the virus, its the same old I'm ok Jack attitude.
Its rather paranoid to think measures taken to stop or control this virus are eroding your liberties and personal choices.

another one who wants everyone to share their fear, mask up, lock away and shake, if that's your choice good for you but expect others not feel the same way and your sad little guilt trip is pathetic, how safe will you be when the economy crashes because of fear and paranoia?
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:54 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:

People in their 60s could still work while taking precautions...grandparents haven't really been looking after kids for last 6 months anyway cos of risks, and shopping could be done with precautions too or done by somebody else and dropped at the door for them, I've been doing my mum's shopping every week for months now...

Over last 6 months, if everyone else had carried on as normal then the virus would have done the rounds through everyone else by now...

Since people were encouraged to go back to work, kids back to school, grandparents have started minded the kids again,...and cases are shooting up alarmingly.
It's gone from less than 20 a day to round about 200 a day....experts say at this rate it will double every 2 weeks, which is why the Tier 3 has been brought in in some areas.
Your mum is lucky to have you....not everyone has a son, or anyone come to that, to help out.

Yours is a theory....no one knows if it would have worked or not.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:56 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Vintage wrote:As I said before there are some people who don't give a damn about older or other vulnerable people, some of whom like the fitness guy had no idea he was vulnerable with the potential heart problem, which might never have become a problem if not for the virus, its the same old I'm ok Jack attitude.

another one who wants everyone to share their fear, mask up, lock away and shake, if that's your choice good for you but expect others not feel the same way and your sad little guilt trip is pathetic, how safe will you be when the economy crashes because of fear and paranoia?

You 'forgot' to answer my question btw.

Do you wear a mask when going in public places like shops for eg?
Do you socially distance when out?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:00 pm

Syl wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

I answered but I think it got posted in with your post about smoking, no idea how that happened.
no and no, just in case it wasn't clear.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:01 pm

Well I do wear a mask when I go out, a lot of other PPE as well when I'm working, so no I'm not locked away shaking. I wonder how you would be 'Opinion' if you were vulnerable.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:05 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Syl wrote:

I answered but I think it got posted in with your post about smoking, no idea how that happened.

If you are not exempt you could be refused entry...and if you insist of getting near people who don't want you near rather than follow the social distance rule, that just makes you a creep.....in my opinion.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:05 pm

Vintage wrote:Well I do wear a mask when I go out, a lot of other PPE as well when I'm working, so no I'm not locked away shaking. I wonder how you would be 'Opinion' if you were vulnerable.

i'm in several "danger" categories but for me my chronic allergy to bull shit and lies over powers them, I take the actions I chose. I do not wish to propagate fear and trembling, their are more than enough fools already doing that.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:08 pm

Vintage wrote:Well I do wear a mask when I go out, a lot of other PPE as well when I'm working, so no I'm not locked away shaking. I wonder how you would be 'Opinion' if you were vulnerable.

Odd that he thinks we are shaking wrecks because we just simply use common sense.

I honestly think this virus is causing him more distress than most people on here, and from what I see in real life the vast majority of people are just getting on with it without kicking up a huge fuss.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly and Vintage like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:10 pm

Syl wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

If you are not exempt you could be refused entry...and if you insist of getting near people who don't want you near rather than follow the social distance rule, that just makes you a creep.....in my opinion.

according to the gov. who set the rules anyone whom the mask causes distress you are exempt and no one has the right to question your exemption, if you like I could wear a yellow star of david on my clothes, so you know exactly whom to hate and blame.
and your masks makes you a paranoid, scaremongering freak, who is busy virtue signalling just how dumb they are. in my opinion.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:13 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Syl wrote:

according to the gov. who set the rules anyone whom the mask causes distress you are exempt and no one has the right to question your exemption, if you like I could wear a yellow star of david on my clothes, so you know exactly whom to hate and blame.
and your masks makes you a paranoid, scaremongering freak, who is busy virtue signalling just how dumb they are. in my opinion.

How hurtful. rabbit

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:13 pm

Syl wrote:

Odd that he thinks we are shaking wrecks because we just simply use common sense.

I honestly think this virus is causing him more distress than most people on here, and from what I see in real life the vast majority of people are just getting on with it without kicking up a huge fuss.

you are causing the fuss by demanding I act as stupidly as you, you wear your mask, well done for you, leave me to not wear mine.
typical lefty accept everything apart from an opposing opinion.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:15 pm

Syl wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

How hurtful.  rabbit  

keep your mask on and words won't hurt, creep...lol

inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:17 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Syl wrote:

you are causing the fuss by demanding I act as stupidly as you, you wear your mask, well done for you, leave me to not wear mine.

I don't demand anything of you...show me where I have.

I simply state that I am following the guidelines you can please yourself, but if our paths ever crossed I would prefer it if you stay 2 metres away from me.....at least. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:33 pm

The answer is quite simple. If everyone accepted the one simple maxim, all would be well:

Your right to swing your fist, ends at another's nose.

As soon as one starts interfering with someone else's space, he gets stopped. That's always been the rule. Nothing wrong with it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:14 pm

dont wear a mask, get too close to me and you will be told where to go in no uncertain terms.refuse or even hint at trouble and you will be laid out....

"a staff in the hands of an old man may well be more than just a prop for old age"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:45 pm

Syl wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

I simply state that I am following the guidelines you can please yourself, but if our paths ever crossed I would prefer it if you stay 2 metres away from me.....at least. Rolling Eyes
and I am following the guidlines by not wearing one, so life is good, you needn't consider me a creep..lol
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:46 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:dont wear a mask, get too close to me and you will be told where to go in no uncertain terms.refuse or even hint at trouble and you will be laid out....

"a staff in the hands of an old man may well be more than just a prop for old age"

cool and you will face an assault charge.lol that happens to self righteous people like you......
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:27 pm

nah..i'd just provoke you enough.....

see you are the sort who think YOUR rights over ride everyone elses.....

since I have diabetes and my wife has a heart problem we are especially vulnerable to this covid, but we HAVE to interact with life outside to a certain extent., expecting you to wear a mask to protect US isnt such a great imposition, and expecting YOU to keep 2 m distance from us is NO imposition...there is no circumstance under which you need to be any closer....

If you are claiming an exempotion then you should be forced by law to carry proof of that (a doctors or consultants note)

indeed the way to deal with this should from the start have been

massive fines for not wearing a mask in a public place (subject to allowed exemptions, which must be backed by proof of such exemption)

second offence should be 5 years in gaol, with no remission

personally from the beginning back in march i would have shut everything non essential down and declared a state of emergency and martial law.

and any idiots rioting, gathering in large numbers contrary to public health regulations would have faced bullets...

those who for no good reason except some faux outrage and wanting to be antsy are the scum of the earth, and should be destroyed on sight....IMO of course.

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:34 pm

Never mind 'Opinion' we understand that you are not up to this particular life challenge and just can't hack what's been asked of you for the benefit of others..

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:06 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Syl wrote:

and I am following the guidlines by not wearing one, so life is good, you needn't consider me a creep..lol
Wearing or not wearing a mask is between you and the establishment you are entering, not my business.

It IS my business if someone is invading my space though, and those who deliberately do so, just to prove some point to boost their own wilting ego, is, as I said, a creep.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:19 am

Victorismyhero wrote:nah..i'd just provoke you enough.....

see you are the sort who think YOUR rights over ride everyone elses.....

since I have diabetes and my wife has a heart problem we are especially vulnerable to this covid, but we HAVE to interact with life outside to a certain extent., expecting you to wear a mask to protect US isnt such a great imposition, and expecting YOU to keep 2 m distance from us is NO imposition...there is no circumstance under which you need to be any closer....

If you are claiming an exempotion then you should be forced by law to carry proof of that (a doctors or consultants note)

indeed the way to deal with this should from the start have been

massive fines for not wearing a mask in a public place (subject to allowed exemptions, which must be backed by proof of such exemption)

second offence should be 5 years in gaol, with no remission

personally from the beginning back in march i would have shut everything non essential down and declared a state of emergency and martial law.

and any idiots rioting, gathering in large numbers contrary to public health regulations would have faced bullets...

those who for no good reason except some faux outrage and wanting to be antsy are the scum of the earth, and should be destroyed on sight....IMO of course.

ha ha ha and finally you see my point, you felt it would be ok to "protect" your rights by becoming aggressive, then goading a reaction but you think my rights not to believe in a virus or wear a mask do not count.
This is the issue with liberties, sometimes they do infringe on the liberties of others the only issue is, who makes the most fuss about it.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:09 am

The problem with your view, IMO, is that IF you are wrong, then YOU are deliberately and carelessly endangering the lives of OTHERS.

Those of us wearing masks and distancing are causing NO harm to YOU.

If you put someone in a position where you make them feel at risk, then anger on their part is entirely justified. You getting angry because others put caution first is your problem alone.

Incidentally, here in Thailand, Covid cases have remained extremely low, despite lockdown ending almost entirely at the end of June.

Thailand has been business as usual (minus tourists) for 4 months and covid cases/deaths have remained almost nonexistent. You know what we have here? Distancing, plastic screens at shops at restaurants and a nationwide habit of wearing masks and using sanitiser by almost the entire population.

The precautions HAVE worked.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:32 am

since wearing a mask is NO imposition on you, does not endanger you, and causes only the mildest inconvenience, MY right not to potentially be infected by a dirty chav (you) who wont wear a mask and who refuses to distance reasonably, way over rides YOUR right to whine about it.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:33 am

Eilzel wrote:The problem with your view, IMO, is that IF you are wrong, then YOU are deliberately and carelessly endangering the lives of OTHERS.

If you put someone in a position where you make them feel at risk, then anger on their part is entirely justified. You getting angry because others put caution first is your problem alone.

Incidentally, here in Thailand, Covid cases have remained extremely low, despite lockdown ending almost entirely at the end of June.

Thailand has been business as usual (minus tourists) for 4 months and covid cases/deaths have remained almost nonexistent. You know what we have here? Distancing, plastic screens at shops at restaurants and a nationwide habit of wearing masks and using sanitiser by almost the entire population.

we have had lockdowns, we have had mask wearing, we have had places with no lockdowns and no mask, the result seem to vary, so to say any one idea has "worked" is simply not true.
the guilt trip idea of me putting anyone at risk is just more bs, I have had no symptoms but this crazy killer disease can have nosymptoms, I do not know a sngle person who has had it and it is so serious you need a test to know if you had it or not, obviously I do not know a single person who has died from this deadly disease, which is hardly surprisingas 0.004% death rate and 95% of that death rate had atleast one serious underlying health problem, should be enough totell anyone with half a brain, this virus is not deadly.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:35 am

Victorismyhero wrote:since wearing a mask is NO imposition on you, does not endanger you, and causes only the mildest inconvenience, MY right not to potentially be infected by a dirty chav (you) who wont wear a mask and who refuses to distance reasonably, way over rides YOUR right to whine about it.

So you are convinced your rights are more important than mine, Chav... lol you are ancient and very non pc, you should not use such terms, where have you been for the last 20 years,by the way your lefty acceptance is showing..lol
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:42 am

inmyopinion wrote:
Eilzel wrote:The problem with your view, IMO, is that IF you are wrong, then YOU are deliberately and carelessly endangering the lives of OTHERS.

we have had lockdowns, we have had mask wearing, we have had places with no lockdowns and no mask, the result seem to vary, so to say any one idea has "worked" is simply not true.
the guilt trip idea of me putting anyone at risk is just more bs, I have had no symptoms but this crazy killer disease can have nosymptoms, I do not know a sngle person who has had it and it is so serious you need a test to know if you had it or not, obviously I do not know a single person who has died from this deadly disease, which is hardly surprisingas 0.004% death rate and 95% of that death rate had atleast one serious underlying health problem, should be enough totell anyone with half a brain, this virus is not deadly.

Can you explain why Thailand has such a low rate of death from this virus and the UK so high?
Thousands, if not millions, of people in the UK have not taken advice seriously. People like you, for instance, who still do not understand that while you may exhibit no symptoms, you may still carry to someone else, who may carry to yet someone else and it will soon be passed onto some vulnerable person who WILL suffer with it.
It isn't all about YOU, it is about OTHER people.
Not that you seem to care about other people.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Vintage and nicko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:24 am

Eilzel wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

Can you explain why Thailand has such a low rate of death from this virus and the UK so high?
Thousands, if not millions, of people in the UK have not taken advice seriously. People like you, for instance, who still do not understand that while you may exhibit no symptoms, you may still carry to someone else, who may carry to yet someone else and it will soon be passed onto some vulnerable person who WILL suffer with it.

Nope, in the same way I cannot explain why some countries who have no masks and no lockdowns had very few deaths.
but we have had lockdowns and masks and it does not make a difference but blaming people for not wearing them will not reduce the problem.
as i keep saying the level of panic over a virus with such a low mortality rate is very odd.
Icare about other people's rights and liberties, they are far more precious and under far more threat than this virus.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:28 am

inmyopinion wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

Nope, in the same way I cannot explain why some countries who have no masks and no lockdowns had very few deaths.
but we have had lockdowns and masks and it does not make a difference but blaming people for not wearing them will not reduce the problem.
as i keep saying the level of panic over a virus with such a low mortality rate is very odd.
Icare about other people's rights and liberties, they are far more precious and under far more threat than this virus.

total drivel..............
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Eilzel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:43 am

So it doesn't matter to you that people with known or unknown underlying health problems or are frail and elderly die from it because they are due to die anyway or that health services will be overwhelmed by patients that will die or will recover with problems for some months, nor care about medical personnel who actually die from it without underlying health problems, I suppose it depends if you understand contagious.
Citizen of the year award for you I think - not..

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Eilzel and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:53 am

Victorismyhero wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

total drivel..............

according to you, who admitted they would assault someone for coming to close while not wearing a mask, so clearly you are level headed and conscious of the law and the rights of others.lol
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:56 am

Vintage wrote:So it doesn't matter to you that people with known or unknown underlying health problems or are frail and elderly die from it because they are due to die anyway or that health services will be overwhelmed by patients that will die or will recover with problems for some months, nor care about medical personnel who actually die from it without underlying health problems, I suppose it depends if you understand contagious.
Citizen of the year award for you I think - not..

not what I said at all but if it suits your paranoia and guilt trip methods you read it as you like.
So do you think everyone under say 80 years old should lock away, mask up, put their lives on hold indefinitely, to keep you safe.
seems a very selfish attitude but of course that's the left for you, it's great if it suits them.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:27 pm

Literally no one is telling the public to tremble in fear, so where are you getting this from, IMO?

Also, a disease that has killed over a million people is certainly a lethal disease. That personal trainer guy who died from it probably wouldn't have died from anything like the flu. Many people would never have known that they had an underlying health problem if they hadn't caught Covid 19.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:08 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Literally no one is telling the public to tremble in fear, so where are you getting this from, IMO?

Also, a disease that has killed over a million people is certainly a lethal disease. That personal trainer guy who died from it probably wouldn't have died from anything like the flu. Many people would never have known that they had an underlying health problem if they hadn't caught Covid 19.
0.004% is not deadly in terms of viruses.
project fear began straight away with covid, it took months to decide we needed masks, which is weird.
the fact we have people here who would assault non mask wearers would imply the public are trembling in fear, the fact many would support a forced vaccine would imply the public is trembling in fear.
people very rarely make good decisions when in a fearful position or incident, which is probably the whole idea behind the planneddemic.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:55 pm

No one on this thread (or forum as far as I know) has supported compulsory vaccination for anything....and you were mentioning people 'trembling with fear' long before you were told if you invaded anyone's space you would get a crack. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next