NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police sergeant shot dead at Croydon police station

+2
eddie
Tommy Monk
6 posters

Go down

Police sergeant shot dead at Croydon police station Empty Police sergeant shot dead at Croydon police station

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:42 pm

A "much loved" police sergeant has been shot dead by a man who was being detained at Croydon Custody Centre in the early hours of this morning.

A murder investigation has been launched following the incident in south London, which happened at approximately 02:15am this morning in Windmill Lane.

A 23-year-old man was detained by officers at the scene. He was also taken to hospital with a gunshot wound and remains in a critical condition. It is believed that he shot himself, as police say none of their weapons were discharged.

The Telegraph's Crime Correspondent Martin Evans understands that the suspect may be of Sri Lankan origin.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/09/25/police-officer-shot-dead-station-croydon-latest-updates/
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Police sergeant shot dead at Croydon police station Empty Re: Police sergeant shot dead at Croydon police station

Post by eddie Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:07 am

How on earth did a detained criminal have access to a gun?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Police sergeant shot dead at Croydon police station Empty Re: Police sergeant shot dead at Croydon police station

Post by Maddog Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:17 am

eddie wrote:How on earth did a detained criminal have access to a gun?

Detained means stopped, not arrested.

If you are walking down the street and the cop says "stop, I'd like to have a word with you", you are either free to go or not. If the cop says you're not, at that point you are detained.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:24 am

Ah. For some reason I assumed he was already arrested and at a police station.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:47 am

eddie wrote:Ah. For some reason I assumed he was already arrested and at a police station.

Yes, he was in a police station having been arrested and taken back there to be booked in at the police station custody suite.

Apparently he already had the gun concealed upon him.

Turns out he was known to anti terrorist authorities.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:55 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
eddie wrote:Ah. For some reason I assumed he was already arrested and at a police station.

Yes, he was in a police station having been arrested and taken back there to be booked in at the police station custody suite.

Apparently he already had the gun concealed upon him.

Turns out he was known to anti terrorist authorities.

Thanks you. Thought my assumption was correct. So back to my original question...?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:29 am

Sounds like the police fucked up royally, not finding a gun on this guy until after he'd been arrested and booked.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie and nicko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:42 am

I don't think we have been told the full story about this yet.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie, nicko and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:48 pm

His name hasn't been released as yet.
He was arrested, handcuffed and taken to the police station....why wasn't he frisked as he was being handcuffed?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:10 pm

Well, that's because you read the article better than I did.

He was detained at the police station.

Carry on. Embarassed
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:41 pm

It was originally said that he was arrested over some covid19 issue and that he was Sri Lankan...

Then last night on LBC they were talking about it and it was said he was arrested over drugs and was known to anti terrorism services... and a serving officer said that sometimes while arresting someone it isn't always possible to stand there searching the detainee properly because while trying to arrest them, other people try to get involved and friends try to help the detainee and free them... So they sometimes just have to do the arrest quickly and bundle them into the vehicle and get away from the scene first...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:10 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Sounds like the police fucked up royally, not finding a gun on this guy until after he'd been arrested and booked.

The only thing I can guess is, British police are not used to guns.  Thus, they don't do the associated things, like frisking anyone in custody for guns.  Although there are still knives and other potential weapons.

If there are antagonistic crowds, get more police out there. American police have radios. Don't Brits?

Very sloppy police work.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down