NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warehouse Installs Foreign Style Toilets In Swindon

3 posters

Go down

Warehouse Installs Foreign Style Toilets In Swindon Empty Warehouse Installs Foreign Style Toilets In Swindon

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:16 pm

1st March 2014

A warehouse in Swindon has installed a 'hole-in-the-ground' toilet to cater for foreign workers, according to reports.

Employees from eastern Europe apparently prefer squatting while using the loo, prompting managers to order a new toilet to match their requirements.

Bosses at the DHL warehouse are also said to be infuriated after workers broke the traditional loo seat by squatting on it.

The distribution centre in Swindon, which transports goods for B&Q, has spent thousands of pounds on the new facility, according to The Sun.

Managers had previously installed signs instructing employees not to squat on the toilet.

DHL did not respond to a request for comment.

Warehouse Installs Foreign Style Toilets In Swindon Articl35

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2570828/Warehouse-installs-European-style-squat-toilet-foreign-workers-kept-breaking-loo-standing-it.html#ixzz2ujDolGuX

Back to top Go down

Warehouse Installs Foreign Style Toilets In Swindon Empty Re: Warehouse Installs Foreign Style Toilets In Swindon

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:25 pm

who is taking the pee out of who...

Back to top Go down

Warehouse Installs Foreign Style Toilets In Swindon Empty Re: Warehouse Installs Foreign Style Toilets In Swindon

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:29 pm

heavenly father wrote:who is taking the pee out of who...

The poor British workers (if there are any) - must feel like foreigners in their own workplace.

That seems to be happening more and more often these days, for more and more people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:30 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
heavenly father wrote:who is taking the pee out of who...

The poor British workers (if there are any) - must feel like foreigners in their own workplace.

That seems to be happening more and more often these days, for more and more people.

exactly, why do we always change to foreign requirements...they came here... Evil or Very Mad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Rubbish, they could have replaced the toilets and said anybody who can't use them properly would be fired. This was a decision made by the management, not forced by those dirty old funny-talking foreigners taking your jerbs ...

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:37 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Rubbish, they could have replaced the toilets and said anybody who can't use them properly would be fired. This was a decision made by the management, not forced by those dirty old funny-talking foreigners taking your jerbs ...

Yeah see is where you US citizens fail to realize just how bad things have got here.

If the management replaced the toilets and fired those not using them properly - those fired would have put in for unfair dismissal on cultural/religious grounds, the company would have had to pay its own costs, the case would almost certainly have been decided in favour of those fired, at which point the company would have had to pay their costs, pay them compensation (which would have been a large amount) and would have been forced to install the "squatting" toilets anyway.

Doing it this way just means the company has saved god knows how much on legal fees, and compensation, just to end up with the same result anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:37 pm

Oh - my mistake.

They were going to do it anyway - they just put the wrong toilet in the last time they put a new one in 15 years ago...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:39 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Oh - my mistake.

They were going to do it anyway - they just put the wrong toilet in the last time they put a new one in 15 years ago...

Your mistake was actually in how you understood my reply. The management could have fired everyone who doesn't understand how to use a "proper British toilet," couldn't they? It was their choice to accommodate their foreign workers, was it not? And if not, whose decision was it?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:40 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Your mistake was actually in how you understood my reply. The management could have fired everyone who doesn't understand how to use a "proper British toilet," couldn't they? It was their choice to accommodate their foreign workers, was it not? And if not, whose decision was it?

I think you'll find British employment law is different to (what I would say is) wonderful US employment laws.

The answer is no, they couldn't do that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:41 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I think you'll find British employment law is different to (what I would say is) wonderful US employment laws.

In Britain, you can't be fired for destroying company property? Awesome, I'm going to get a job in the U.K. and bring along my baseball bat!

(It's like a cricket bat, but better.)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:43 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

In Britain, you can't be fired for destroying company property? Awesome, I'm going to get a job in the U.K. and bring along my baseball bat!

I can see it at the tribunal - "he did a dirty big turd on the side of the toilet, and we got a dna test to prove it".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:35 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

In the above case it would be argued that the destruction was not malicious or deliberate but due to  the employer providing  an environment
offering adverse terms and conditions
in failing to recognize the cultural significance of toileting methods and that the destruction occurred as a result of employees trying to meeting their cultural needs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:46 pm

sphinx wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

In the above case it would be argued that the destruction was not malicious or deliberate but due to  the employer providing  an environment
offering adverse terms and conditions
in failing to recognize the cultural significance of toileting methods and that the destruction occurred as a result of employees trying to meeting their cultural needs.

So people can learn how to do a job, but not how to use a different-style toilet.

What a ridiculous country.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
sphinx wrote:

So people can learn how to do a job, but not how to use a different-style toilet.

Actually the underpinning of those laws comes from the EU.

This is what we have been trying to tell you Ben - UKIP and its supporters are not a far right bunch of nationalists hell bent on destroying other races and cultures. We are a bunch of normal people who just want to be able to make our own choices in our own country and would like to be able to apply the old fashioned good manners of "when in Rome be a Roman candle" to ourselves when we are Rome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:16 am

sphinx wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Actually the underpinning of those laws comes from the EU.

This is what we have been trying to tell you Ben - UKIP and its supporters are not a far right bunch of nationalists hell bent on destroying other races and cultures.  We are a bunch of normal people who just want to be able to make our own choices in our own country and would like to be able to apply the old fashioned good manners of "when in Rome be a Roman candle" to ourselves when we are Rome.  

Which laws are these and where does the underpinning of them come from the EU?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:23 am

You would need a Laser Target Marker fitted to your bum to be able to hit that target.

All seems a bit messy really. Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:41 pm

That would be the mess that is the human rights act that sees people told they do not have a case in the lower courts in this country take their case higher and higher until it reaches the ECHR.

The brutal fact is that there is a strong enough chance that the ECHR would find in favour of employees fired for not using a western toilet that the employers dare not try because they simply cannot afford the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:25 pm

sphinx wrote:That would be the mess that is the human rights act that sees people told they do not have a case in the lower courts in this country take their case higher and higher until it reaches the ECHR.

The brutal fact is that there is a strong enough chance that the ECHR would find in favour of employees fired for not using a western toilet that the employers dare not try because they simply cannot afford the fight.

The European Convention on Human Rights is completely separate from the EU. The British judiciary rule on cases relating to human rights not because they are made to by the EU - they rule on them because they are a party to the convention.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Just as a side-note, did you know that doctors would say that the human body is made to excrete in that position, it straightens and opens up the tubes. People are actually told to try and get as near to that position as they can if they suffer from bad constipation.

Just thought I'd chuck that in.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:11 pm

we have actually had similar issues here with asians that prefer squat toilets, but they just learnt to use the western ones.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:13 pm

I wonder if they got constipated?  :\\:[: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:25 pm

veya_victaous wrote:we have actually had similar issues here with asians that prefer squat toilets, but they just learnt to use the western ones.

The muscles and strength to squat would have been build up from childhood. I can imagine us westerners well, falling in Warehouse Installs Foreign Style Toilets In Swindon Scared37 lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down