NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disgraced ex-Labour MP Fiona Onasanya slams Kellogg's for using a monkey as the mascot for 'brown' Coco Pops but 'three white boys' on Rice Krispies

+6
Eilzel
Syl
Maddog
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
eddie
10 posters

Go down

Disgraced ex-Labour MP Fiona Onasanya slams Kellogg's for using a monkey as the mascot for 'brown' Coco Pops but 'three white boys' on Rice Krispies Empty Disgraced ex-Labour MP Fiona Onasanya slams Kellogg's for using a monkey as the mascot for 'brown' Coco Pops but 'three white boys' on Rice Krispies

Post by eddie Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:36 pm

Disgraced ex-Labour MP Fiona Onasanya slams Kellogg's for using a monkey as the mascot for 'brown' Coco Pops but 'three white boys' on Rice Krispies 4aa2b510

Coco Pops has been a much-loved breakfast staple for decades with one of the most recognisable mascots in TV advertising.

But Coco the Monkey has come under suspicion from disgraced former Labour MP Fiona Onasanya, who has written to Kellogg's asking why they chose that animal to represent the chocolate-flavoured cereal when Rice Krispies uses 'three white boys'.

Ms Onasanya, who was jailed for three months in January 2019 after she was convicted of lying to police about a speeding ticket, says that there is little difference between Coco Pops and sister brand Rice Krispies beyond their colour and flavour.

The former Peterborough MP revealed she has emailed Kellogg's UK office for clarification on why Rice Krispies have 'three white boys' as a mascot whereas chocolate-flavoured Coco Pops is represented by a monkey.

Her comments caused 'Coco Pops' to trend, with more than 1,500 posts made on the topic.  Several social media users criticised Ms Onasanya's query, accusing her of being 'offended at everything'.

One said: 'The monkey is called Coco. Remove the monkey and they are just called pops.'

Other Twitter users took Ms Onasanya's side. One wrote: 'It is called subliminal messaging in advertising. I wrote a paper on this in advertising and marketing. Plenty of info on this available. Actually if researched some may find this is not ''dim'' at all.'  

The ex-MP later tweeted: 'Well, given John Harvey Kellogg co-founded the Race Betterment Foundation (the Foundation's main purpose was to study the cause of and cure for 'race degeneracy'), it would be remiss of me not to ask....'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8423841/Disgraced-ex-MP-Fiona-Onasanya-slams-Kelloggs-using-MONKEY-mascot-Coco-Pops.html

Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Disgraced ex-Labour MP Fiona Onasanya slams Kellogg's for using a monkey as the mascot for 'brown' Coco Pops but 'three white boys' on Rice Krispies Empty Re: Disgraced ex-Labour MP Fiona Onasanya slams Kellogg's for using a monkey as the mascot for 'brown' Coco Pops but 'three white boys' on Rice Krispies

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:10 pm

I don't know anything about it, but she is a very attractive woman.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Disgraced ex-Labour MP Fiona Onasanya slams Kellogg's for using a monkey as the mascot for 'brown' Coco Pops but 'three white boys' on Rice Krispies Empty Re: Disgraced ex-Labour MP Fiona Onasanya slams Kellogg's for using a monkey as the mascot for 'brown' Coco Pops but 'three white boys' on Rice Krispies

Post by eddie Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:I don't know anything about it, but she is a very attractive woman.

Okay....but how dumb is she? You agree with this level of fuckeries?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:18 pm

Some people just go through their days looking for something to be offended about, I think.

This is seriously next-level nitpicky offendedness. She must not have a lot going on at the moment Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:20 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I don't know anything about it, but she is a very attractive woman.

Who cares!

She's attractive. That's what matters. Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:21 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

Who cares!

Hahahahaha Hahaha yeah...really.... Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:22 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

Who cares!

Okay, I'm not saying she isn't absolutely stunning, but come on -- this woman obviously has a brain, too. Let's not stoop to this lookism bullshit Quill is trying to pull by making her out to be no more than a sex object for men.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:23 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

Who cares!

Okay, I'm not saying she isn't absolutely stunning, but come on -- this woman obviously has a brain, too. Let's not stoop to this lookism bullshit Quill is trying to pull by making her out to be no more than a sex object for men.

Disgraced ex-Labour MP Fiona Onasanya slams Kellogg's for using a monkey as the mascot for 'brown' Coco Pops but 'three white boys' on Rice Krispies 3489511464

Very good.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:27 pm

Muchas gracias, mi hermosa amorita.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:31 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Who cares!

I told you, I don't know anything about it. I'm sure she has a mind, but a picture doesn't inform one about her mind. A picture only gives you "lookism".

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Who cares!

I told you, I don't know anything about it.  I'm sure she has a mind, but a picture doesn't inform one about her mind.  A picture only gives you "lookism".  

She obviously has quite a sharp mind. I think you should apologize for making your comment all about her beauty, to be fair.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:57 pm

Quill, can’t you see when people are mocking you?

What’s your opinion on the actual story?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:58 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Who cares!

I told you, I don't know anything about it.  I'm sure she has a mind, but a picture doesn't inform one about her mind.  A picture only gives you "lookism".  

She obviously has quite a sharp mind. I think you should apologize for making your comment all about her beauty, to be fair.

It’s going over his head. I wouldn’t bother.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:17 am

I was going to write a post about this, but the woman is so ridiculous, obviously searching for some trivia to be offended by.... I just cant be arsed. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:46 am

Syl wrote:I was going to write a post about this, but the woman is so ridiculous, obviously searching for some trivia to be offended by.... I just cant be arsed. Rolling Eyes

But oh! She’s attractive!

cheers

Ps not sure anyone has ever said that but Quill, but he had a point to make...of sorts... scratch
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:04 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Muchas gracias, mi hermosa amorita.

When do you use hermosa vs bonita?

I sorta thought hemosa was for things and bonita for people, but I have no formal learning with Spanish.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:42 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:I was going to write a post about this, but the woman is so ridiculous, obviously searching for some trivia to be offended by.... I just cant be arsed. Rolling Eyes

cheers

Ps not sure anyone has ever said that but Quill, but he had a point to make...of sorts... scratch
Maybe Quill doesn't realise that most women, whether they be stunning or less so, do not appreciate men commenting on their looks instead of the point they are raising.
It's insulting. snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:45 am

[size=48]Awwww.... I love you he said.....

Thank you very much, my beautiful love.[/size]
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:01 am

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Who cares!

The picture shows us she's attractive.

The story tells us she's a fucking retard.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:59 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

cheers

Maybe Quill doesn't realise that most women, whether they be stunning or less so, do not appreciate men commenting on their looks instead of the point they are raising.
It's insulting. snobby

I could call her a scrunge, but I'm guessin' she would like that less. Why are y'all offended by saying a woman is attractive. Are y'all trying to shame her?

I don't know the lass, so I guess your motives are untoward.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:00 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:
It's insulting. snobby

I could call her a scrunge, but I'm guessin' she would like that less.  Why are y'all offended by saying a woman is attractive.  Are y'all trying to shame her?

Why bring her looks into it at all, it's about what she said.

And I can speak from experience, both mine and many other women I have known or heard say.....women get pretty irritated when men (and it's always men) bring their looks into a conversation when appearance is not the subject of discussion.
It's on a par with talking to a womans breasts instead of her face....disrespectful and unnecessary.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:16 pm

eddie wrote:Disgraced ex-Labour MP Fiona Onasanya slams Kellogg's for using a monkey as the mascot for 'brown' Coco Pops but 'three white boys' on Rice Krispies 4aa2b510

Coco Pops has been a much-loved breakfast staple for decades with one of the most recognisable mascots in TV advertising.

But Coco the Monkey has come under suspicion from disgraced former Labour MP Fiona Onasanya, who has written to Kellogg's asking why they chose that animal to represent the chocolate-flavoured cereal when Rice Krispies uses 'three white boys'.

Ms Onasanya, who was jailed for three months in January 2019 after she was convicted of lying to police about a speeding ticket, says that there is little difference between Coco Pops and sister brand Rice Krispies beyond their colour and flavour.

The former Peterborough MP revealed she has emailed Kellogg's UK office for clarification on why Rice Krispies have 'three white boys' as a mascot whereas chocolate-flavoured Coco Pops is represented by a monkey.

Her comments caused 'Coco Pops' to trend, with more than 1,500 posts made on the topic.  Several social media users criticised Ms Onasanya's query, accusing her of being 'offended at everything'.

One said: 'The monkey is called Coco. Remove the monkey and they are just called pops.'

Other Twitter users took Ms Onasanya's side. One wrote: 'It is called subliminal messaging in advertising. I wrote a paper on this in advertising and marketing. Plenty of info on this available. Actually if researched some may find this is not ''dim'' at all.'  

The ex-MP later tweeted: 'Well, given John Harvey Kellogg co-founded the Race Betterment Foundation (the Foundation's main purpose was to study the cause of and cure for 'race degeneracy'), it would be remiss of me not to ask....'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8423841/Disgraced-ex-MP-Fiona-Onasanya-slams-Kelloggs-using-MONKEY-mascot-Coco-Pops.html

Rolling Eyes

She ate porridge for a while, didn't she?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:34 am

She is a lying twat and convicted criminal who has just served a prison sentence...

I couldn't give a flying fuk about anything she thinks or says...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:06 am

+1
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:19 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

She is a lying twat and convicted criminal who has just served a prison sentence...

I couldn't give a flying fuk about anything she thinks or says...!

Don't fence sit Tommy, tell us what you really feel. lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:10 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

cheers

It's insulting. snobby

I could call her a scrunge, but I'm guessin' she would like that less.  Why are y'all offended by saying a woman is attractive.  Are y'all trying to shame her?

Why are you afraid to talk about the fuckeries she came out with and instead decided to comment on her looks? scratch
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:12 am

Eilzel wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Who cares!

She’s ordinary. Lets be entirely honest.
But as you’ve said, that’s not the point.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:42 am

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I'm wondering why you are so preoccupied with what I said. I only said she is attractive, and she is.

Makes me wonder if you are insecure in your own judgments. Otherwise, it's much ado about nothing.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:50 am

Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

I'm wondering why you are so preoccupied with what I said.  I only said she is attractive, and she is.

Makes me wonder if you are insecure in your own judgments.  Otherwise, it's much ado about nothing.

You have done this in the past Quill.
If a woman dares to object to an out of context  remark you have made about another womans appearance....you try to make out the woman is jealous of a more attractive or intelligent woman, and that simply isn't the case.

If you were holding court in real life about a serious subject and some some woman interrupted you and said "well dont you have a nice arse". for eg, would you feel you wasn't really being listened to??
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:54 pm

Who in their right mind eats that crap anyway?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:50 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I'm wondering why you are so preoccupied with what I said. I only said she is attractive, and she is.

Makes me wonder if you are insecure in your own judgments. Otherwise, it's much ado about nothing.

If a woman dares to object to an out of context remark you have made about another womans appearance....you try to make out the woman is jealous of a more attractive or intelligent woman, and that simply isn't the case.

If you were holding court in real life about a serious subject and some some woman interrupted you and said "well dont you have a nice arse". for eg, would you feel you wasn't really being listened to??

You also accuse me of being a 'know-it-all' and of factual overreach. Yet, here is an example of my humble admission of not knowing (which you have denied I do), and you find some other scheme to find fault and accuse me of.

I merely said the one positive thing I could about the subject, because I don't know her issues. My mother always taught me, if you can't say something good about someone's past, find good in what you do see. I was following mum's advice and saying the woman was attractive.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

If a woman dares to object to an out of context  remark you have made about another womans appearance....you try to make out the woman is jealous of a more attractive or intelligent woman, and that simply isn't the case.

You also accuse me of being a 'know-it-all' and of factual overreach.  Yet, here is an example of my humble admission of not knowing (which you have denied I do), and you find some other scheme to find fault and accuse me of.

I merely said the one positive thing I could about the subject, because I don't know her issues.  My mother always taught me, if you can't say something good about someone's past, find good in what you do see.  I was following mum's advice and saying the woman was attractive.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.   Rolling Eyes

My mum taught me if you cant think of something good to say about a person keep your mouth shut. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:53 pm

The elephant in the room here is of course this

Just WHO, in this context is comparing BAME's to monkeys???

its certainly not kellogs, so............................
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:53 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You also accuse me of being a 'know-it-all' and of factual overreach.  Yet, here is an example of my humble admission of not knowing (which you have denied I do), and you find some other scheme to find fault and accuse me of.

I merely said the one positive thing I could about the subject, because I don't know her issues.  My mother always taught me, if you can't say something good about someone's past, find good in what you do see.  I was following mum's advice and saying the woman was attractive.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.   Rolling Eyes

My mum taught me if you cant think of something good to say about a person keep your mouth shut. Wink

A variant on the same theme.  In any event, you are not following your mother's advice, are you?  Cool

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:06 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

A variant on the same theme.  In any event, you are not following your mother's advice, are you?  Cool
I haven't commented on her looks either Quill.....learn from my example. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:07 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I haven't commented on her looks either Quill.....learn from my example. Wink

Better for you to learn from your own mother's words. Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down