NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Films the critics hated but you really liked

+5
Maddog
nicko
Eilzel
Syl
Ben Reilly
9 posters

Go down

Films the critics hated but you really liked Empty Films the critics hated but you really liked

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:45 pm

I'm a former TV critic (don't know if I ever mentioned that before) and I tend to think that film, music, TV, etc. critics aren't entirely useless, but on occasion I find myself scratching my head at how much I disagree with them.

For one example, critics absolutely adored "Slumdog Millionaire," whereas I thought it was a decent flick but not worthy of the gushing that I saw.

Edds and I watched one tonight, "The Life of David Gale." It's a fictional story of an anti-death penalty activist who finds himself on death row, starring Kevin Spacey and Kate Winslet.

She and I thought it was really good, with a completely unpredictable but totally logical twist at the end. But the critics hated it!

What films did you really like that the critics panned? Or, which ones did critics love that you didn't really care for?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Films the critics hated but you really liked Empty Re: Films the critics hated but you really liked

Post by Syl Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:42 am

Four weddings and a funeral.
I just didn't get why people raved about it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Films the critics hated but you really liked Empty Re: Films the critics hated but you really liked

Post by Eilzel Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:38 am

Slumdog is my favourite film of a time Smile

For me, only one's I can think of I loved are Onward (Disney film, not really hated but scored much lower than most Disney animations). Bram Stoker's Dracula, panned for Keanu mostly but I think is incredible. Also Super Mario Bros from 93, but that's one of those 'so bad it's good' deals lol

As for what I hate or think little of but is widely praised, probably a lot tbh. Really wasn't keen on Minority Report, and found Black Panther pretty basic for a recent Marvel movie.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:04 am

"Zulu" I liked it, BUT others want it banned, I wonder why ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:34 pm

Bloody hell, is EVERY thread going to turn into a Black v White game? Rolling Eyes

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:07 pm

I dont know what critics thought about "Legends of the Fall", but that was one of my favorite movies.

Somewhere along the way I basically stopped watching movies. Haven't watched one for quite a while and only watch them when someone else wants to watch one,
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:00 pm

Maddog wrote:I dont know what critics thought about "Legends of the Fall", but that was one of my favorite movies.  

Somewhere along the way I basically stopped watching movies.  Haven't watched one for quite a while and only watch them when someone else wants to watch one,

I watch a lot of films on Netflix and Sky, not so much at the cinema now.
I don't know what the critics made of "The Notebook"...it's a few years old, but I watched it yesterday on Netflix and cried my eyes out. Sad

Last film at the cinema was 'The Joker'....Ithe critics loved it and so did I, I would recommend it to anyone.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:48 pm

Andy, I have a Black Granddaughter AND 3 Black great Granddaughters, your remark about Black Carcasses is extremely offensive ,i have reported it !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:27 pm

Dont bring me into your arguements.
I rarely post on here anymore.
But if you took the time to check, I still compete in the daily quiz, which is the only reason I haven't deleted my account.
The paranoia is strong with you.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:41 pm

Your posts are identical, perhaps you have a Twin you don't know about !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:02 pm

Andy wrote:Dont bring me into your arguements.
I rarely post on here anymore.
But if you took the time to check, I still compete in the daily quiz, which is the only reason I haven't deleted my account.
The paranoia is strong with you.

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:32 pm

Brutus I have removed your offensive and inflamatory post.

if you cant post without gratuitously attacking a fellow forum member STFU

Last edited by Victorismyhero on Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:33 pm

Andy......you are fucking hilarious..............

dweeb
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Star24 Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:16 pm

nicko wrote:   "Zulu" I liked it, BUT others want it banned,  I wonder why ?

I thought it was long winded to be honest, but my dad liked it.
Star24
Star24
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:57 pm

I watched The Joker and even though I thought it was pretty good, I really didn’t see how it was considered such a massive hit!

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:04 pm

When I watched "The Piano" with Holly Hunter in the early 90s, I couldn't see what all the hype was about. I worked at a video store and a coworker said it was one of the most affecting movies she'd ever seen.

To me, barely anything happened at all. But perhaps I'd see it differently if I watched it again.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:23 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:When I watched "The Piano" with Holly Hunter in the early 90s, I couldn't see what all the hype was about. I worked at a video store and a coworker said it was one of the most affecting movies she'd ever seen.

To me, barely anything happened at all. But perhaps I'd see it differently if I watched it again.

You watched a film with Holly Hunter? Was it a date? Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:31 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:When I watched "The Piano" with Holly Hunter in the early 90s, I couldn't see what all the hype was about. I worked at a video store and a coworker said it was one of the most affecting movies she'd ever seen.

Hahahahahahhahahahaha, I was just 19 and trying to become a snobby film buff because I worked at a video store Laughing
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:33 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

Hahahahahahhahahahaha, I was just 19 and trying to become a snobby film buff because I worked at a video store Laughing

Did Holly know you were a video store cowboy? Films the critics hated but you really liked 1366281442
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:41 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

Did Holly know you were a video store cowboy? Films the critics hated but you really liked 1366281442

She did, but she wasn't that impressed Films the critics hated but you really liked 2190311264

Anyway, we made out a few times but soon realized mutually that we had zero chemistry. We're still Facebook friends but we've had very little contact since 1993 or so.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:43 pm

You dirty birdie. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down