NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus UK: Only 10% parents happy to send kids back to school

+3
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
eddie
7 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Coronavirus UK: Only 10% parents happy to send kids back to school - Page 5 Empty Coronavirus UK: Only 10% parents happy to send kids back to school

Post by eddie Sun May 10, 2020 8:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Coronavirus UK: Only 10% parents happy to send kids back to school - Page 5 66cd1310

Most parents do not want their children to return to school as soon as the coronavirus lockdown is ended, with some happy to wait as long as 18 months, a survey has today revealed.

Just one in ten parents said they would happily send their children back to school as soon as the lockdown ends, results from the survey suggests.

A quarter of parents said the would feel comfortable with a September return date if it was confirmed now, while 7 per cent favoured July, according to data from the survey by charity Parentkind.

One in ten parents said they would only be happy to send their children back when staff and pupils had been vaccinated against Covid-19 - even if this took up to 18 months.

The figures come as union bosses today warned that teachers in fear of catching coronavirus are being asked to come back to schools, including for face-to-face meetings, to prepare for the return of students.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8296605/Teachers-risk-catching-coronavirus-asked-return-schools-prepare-reopening.html

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus UK: Only 10% parents happy to send kids back to school - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus UK: Only 10% parents happy to send kids back to school

Post by eddie Sat May 16, 2020 12:03 am

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:Oh you’re right didge. Will you sleep better now?

Stay safe mate.

wow and yet more immaturity

The fact that you and Ben take this personally says what exactly? That you believe this is an attack on your parenting

Its not, I think you are both great parents, but being a parent can and does allow emotions to cloud judgement on critical issues. Which is very normal when people care and love for their children

This is a criticism of your beliefs around this and not your love and care for your children

Have I made myself clear here?

If I am wrong or end up being wrong here, I would happily admit

The fact is it is a paranoia that is driving how you and Ben think here

This is evident, when Ben goes off an improbable scenario around this virus.That it would mutate to suddenly effect children fatally as it does with those in a higher age bracket or with underlining health issues. It shows he is ignoring the science around this and known information

If I end up being wrong, I will happily admit to this, but would either of you do, if I am right?

Oh I don’t think it’s an attack on my parenting. I’m a great parent. That’s why I don’t really worry about stats, or experts or links....etc etc.

I do what I do and I raise brilliant children.

Sleep well.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus UK: Only 10% parents happy to send kids back to school - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus UK: Only 10% parents happy to send kids back to school

Post by Maddog Sat May 16, 2020 12:08 am

eddie wrote:
eddie wrote:“Be ready for second wave of coronavirus to strike UK, scientist tells country”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/britain-must-be-ready-for-second-wave-of-coronavirus-leading-scientist-warns-jsvrlmchq

I guess it all depends on what scientist you believe.
Like I always say, people will believe whatever link or expert backs their view.

True dat.

Still true dat. Cool

The numbers will likely rise. The social distancing was to give the medical community a chance to prepare and not be overrun.

I think they are prepared. At least they are in my neck of the woods.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2020 12:10 am

eddie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

wow and yet more immaturity

The fact that you and Ben take this personally says what exactly? That you believe this is an attack on your parenting

Its not, I think you are both great parents, but being a parent can and does allow emotions to cloud judgement on critical issues. Which is very normal when people care and love for their children

This is a criticism of your beliefs around this and not your love and care for your children

Have I made myself clear here?

If I am wrong or end up being wrong here, I would happily admit

The fact is it is a paranoia that is driving how you and Ben think here

This is evident, when Ben goes off an improbable scenario around this virus.That it would mutate to suddenly effect children fatally as it does with those in a higher age bracket or with underlining health issues. It shows he is ignoring the science around this and known information

If I end up being wrong, I will happily admit to this, but would either of you do, if I am right?

Oh I don’t think it’s an attack on my parenting. I’m a great parent. That’s why I don’t really worry about stats, or experts or links....etc etc.

Sleep well.

Wow

People can still raise children well and still make mistakes over beliefs they have

Its called being human

So you do not worry over stats, but worry over stats and data on this virus to deny your own daughter to go back to school

Come again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2020 12:16 am

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:

Sleep well.

Wow

People can still raise children well and still make mistakes over beliefs they have

Its called being human

So you do not worry over stats, but worry over stats and data on this virus to deny your own daughter to go back to school

Come again?

I mean this is a conundrum Eddie. If you are not worried, then why would you not allow your daughter to go back to school?

I will sleep well when you start being honest here

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 16, 2020 12:20 am

I think you should sleep well knowing that I am being honest. I mean, just because we disagree does it immediately follow that I’m not being honest or does “honesty” mean that I have to think you’re right?  

I mean, you should just sleep and feel you’re right. Right? If that’s something that calms you.
I don’t  have to agree with you didge. I’ll sleep without caring whether we agree because my opinion isn’t the same as yours.

We are all different. Can’t you understand that?

When you can, you’ll sleep.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2020 12:29 am

eddie wrote:I think you should sleep well knowing that I am being honest. I mean, just because we disagree does it immediately follow that I’m not being honest or does “honesty” mean that I have to think you’re right?  

I mean, you should just sleep and feel you’re right. Right? If that’s something that calms you.
I don’t  have to agree with you didge. I’ll sleep without caring whether we agree because my opinion isn’t the same as yours.

Oh for goodness sake

You think this is about me being right?

wow

You do not have to agree with me Eddie and that is fine. Never claimed you had to agree with me, but you did contradict yourself

For you to go off me now being calm, from me playing off your error, is you clearly, knowing you contradicted yourself

You said the following:

"Oh I don’t think it’s an attack on my parenting. I’m a great parent. That’s why I don’t really worry about stats, or experts or links....etc etc."

So based off your reasoning, why would you not allow your daughter to go back to school?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 16, 2020 12:34 am

I have read the thread and all I can say is if my son was in reception or year 6 he wouldn't be going back to school on June 1st.

When the scientists repeatedly say they know so little about this virus...that's all the info I would need to instinctively know the safest place for me and mine is to mix as little as possible.

So far maybe more kids will statistically die in the home than from coronavirus, but home accidents can often be prevented,. Catching an unseen bug that can infect you and enable you to infect others is unpreventable when kids are mixing.

And that is the one thing teachers are most worried about, trying to keep 4 to 6 year olds 2 metres apart. Anyone who deals with kids knows that not only will this be confusing and upsetting, it'll be impossible.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2020 12:38 am

Syl wrote:I have read the thread and all I can say is if my son was in reception or year 6 he wouldn't be going back to school on June 1st.

When the scientists repeatedly say they know so little about this virus...that's all the info I would need to instinctively know the safest place for me and mine is to mix as little as possible.

So far maybe more kids will statistically die in the home than from coronavirus, but home accidents can often be prevented,. Catching an unseen bug that can infect you and enable you to infect others is unpreventable when kids are mixing.

And that is the one thing teachers are most worried about, trying to keep 4 to 6 year olds 2 metres apart. Anyone who deals with kids knows that not only will this be confusing and upsetting, it'll be impossible.

2 deaths under 14 in the Uk from this virus

More kids die from flu

More kids die in care accidents and road accidents

It shows that people take a fear based view around what a media presents on something

If anything kids are the least likely to die from this

Your view is about keeping 4-6 year olds apart

So you would have no objection to kids over 7 then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 16, 2020 12:43 am

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:I have read the thread and all I can say is if my son was in reception or year 6 he wouldn't be going back to school on June 1st.

More kids die from flu

It shows that people take a fear based view around what a media presents on something

It's only reception and year 6 that are being asked to go back in 2 weeks.
I dont agree with any going back, it's too soon, I washighlighting the problems for the younger ones because it would obviously be harder to keep them apart.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2020 12:50 am

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

More kids die from flu

It's only reception and year 6 that are being asked to go back in 2 weeks.
I dont agree with any going back, it's too soon, I washighlighting the problems for the younger ones because it would obviously be harder to keep them apart.

Year 6 is age 10 Syl

I have come to see the stats recently on kids. They were far more infected than any age group and yet recovered

This is a fine example of unscientific reasoning on your part

We are happy to allow many people to go to work and place themselves at risk

Yet when we mention children. The one group who actually can overcome this and provide a form of herd immunity. What do people do?

Make the worst arguments possible

Its becoming very clear why children suffer less with this virus.

Its based on the fact on their lungs developing

Why is it that many studies show kids get through this syl?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 16, 2020 12:57 am

I know year 6 is aged 10 Thor.

I also know that this virus affects older and vulnerable  people far more than it affects children.

My view is when kids mix, they have more chance of being infected, they may have a mild illness, they may not even know they are infected, but they can infect others. That has a knock on effect in society.
The more people infected, the death rate starts to rise again.

I think we will agree to disagree now.
Night.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2020 1:03 am

Syl wrote:I know year 6 is aged 10 Thor.

I also know that this virus affects older and vulnerable  people far more than it affects children.

My view is when kids mix, they have more chance of being infected, they may have a mild illness, they may not even know they are infected, but they can infect others. That has a knock on effect in society.
The more people infected, the death rate starts to rise again.

I think we will agree to disagree now.
Night.

Have a read and all the best Syl

Night

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-19-million-uk-infected-study-antibody-test-cases-a9515886.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2020 1:06 am

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:I think you should sleep well knowing that I am being honest. I mean, just because we disagree does it immediately follow that I’m not being honest or does “honesty” mean that I have to think you’re right?  

Oh for goodness sake

wow

You do not have to agree with me Eddie and that is fine. Never claimed you had to agree with me, but you did contradict yourself

For you to go off me now being calm, from me playing off your error, is you clearly, knowing you contradicted yourself

You said the following:

"Oh I don’t think it’s an attack on my parenting. I’m a great parent. That’s why I don’t really worry about stats, or experts or links....etc etc."

So based off your reasoning, why would you not allow your daughter to go back to school?

Bumped again

Come on eddie you hounded Tommy for an answer

I would like an answer please

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 16, 2020 1:15 am

Thorin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Oh for goodness sake

wow

You said the following:

Bumped again

Just because she doesn't go off stats and experts doesn't mean she will automatically conclude that there's nothing to worry about. That's where you've gone wrong, off an assumption that people who don't pay that much attention to the data don't worry about the danger of the virus.

Eddie, just like the rest of us, has her own way of making up her mind about things. I can guarantee you that the safety of her children is paramount. The quality of her parenting isn't even in question here.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2020 1:19 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Bumped again

Just because she doesn't go off stats and experts doesn't mean she will automatically conclude that there's nothing to worry about. That's where you've gone wrong, off an assumption that people who don't pay that much attention to the data don't worry about the danger of the virus.

Eddie, just like the rest of us, has her own way of making up her mind about things. I can guarantee you that the safety of her children is paramount. The quality of her parenting isn't even in question here.

Is your name Eddie?

Seriously?

This is what pisses me off and shows I am right, in that she cannot answer for herself

Let me put the record straight for you Ben

I think you are both wonderful parents and caring people. Who I respect very much

However, when you jump in, you prove my point on control

I respect Eddie and always have for speaking her mind

Now it seems she is cowering behind you when she screwed up. As now you are needed as a voice for her

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2020 8:10 am

The government and teaching unions have been told they must “stop squabbling” and agree on a plan to reopen schools.

Anne Longfield, the children’s commissioner for England, has urged both parties to agree on a safe, phased return to school, accompanied by “rigorous” Covid-19 testing of teachers, children and families to ease safety fears among parents.

Her comments came as she released data suggesting NHS nurseries that have remained open during the lockdown have not suffered from coronavirus outbreaks.

Ms Longfield has urged the sector to aspire for all children to return to school in some form before the summer, and to use school buildings for summer schools and family support over the holidays.

She said: “We cannot afford to wait for a vaccine, which may never arrive, before children are back in school.

“It’s time to stop squabbling and agree a staggered, safe return that is accompanied by rigorous testing of teachers, children and families.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/government-and-teaching-unions-told-to-stop-squabbling-about-re-opening-schools/ar-BB149sN1?ocid=spartandhp

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat May 16, 2020 8:07 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Bumped again

Just so you and Eddie know... I never doubted any of this...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 18, 2020 9:47 pm

Thorin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Bumped again

Is your name Eddie?

Seriously?

This is what pisses me off and shows I am right, in that she cannot answer for herself

I think you are both wonderful parents and caring people. Who I respect very much

Now it seems she is cowering behind you when she screwed up. As now you are needed as a voice for her

So when you reply to someone, when a poster is speaking to someone else, you’re being controlling and being that poster’s “voice”?

Okay then.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 18, 2020 9:47 pm

Thorin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Bumped again

Is your name Eddie?

Seriously?

You couldn't be more wrong. Eddie was actually bored out of her nut with your nonsense, but it fired me up enough that I had to reply.

When someone leaves a debate out of boredom, it doesn't mean you've won, Didge.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 18, 2020 9:48 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Bumped again

Just so you and Eddie know... I never doubted any of this...

I know you didn’t.
Everyone has different opinions. I’ve given mine. I don’t need to keep repeating myself.

Thanks for your PM btw.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon May 18, 2020 10:11 pm

a good guiding principle of life is this

Just because you CAN do something, does not mean at any time that you SHOULD
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 18, 2020 10:46 pm

Victorismyhero wrote: a good guiding principle of life is this

Absolutely agree. I’ve lived my life by this principle actually.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 18, 2020 11:58 pm

Victorismyhero wrote: a good guiding principle of life is this

And I think people will follow that guiding principle, and not follow the lemmings off the cliff like the capitalists want.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5