NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"I Refuse to send my kids to school because of Covid 19" But a packed beach is fine apparently

+7
Vintage
nicko
Victorismyhero
Original Quill
Maddog
Syl
Didgee
11 posters

Go down

"I Refuse to send my kids to school because of Covid 19" But a packed beach is fine apparently Empty "I Refuse to send my kids to school because of Covid 19" But a packed beach is fine apparently

Post by Didgee Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:30 pm

A major incident has been declared after thousands of people defied advice to stay away and descended on beaches in Bournemouth on the hottest day of the year so far.  

A multi-agency emergency response has been activated by BCP (Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole) Council to co-ordinate resources across the area to tackle the issues.

Council Leader Vikki Slade said: “We are absolutely appalled at the scenes witnessed on our beaches, particularly at Bournemouth and Sandbanks, in the last 24-48 hours."

Services were described as having been left "completely overstretched" as visitors arrived in large volumes, with BCP Council issuing a record 558 parking enforcement fines.

"I Refuse to send my kids to school because of Covid 19" But a packed beach is fine apparently TELEMMGLPICT000233797513_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqg5ozdfdQpDHsa6AO6OAwntrZ8AT8rEjx8lVL6PQ1GCU

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/coronavirus-news-lockdown-rules-uk-deaths-vaccine-social-distancing/

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

"I Refuse to send my kids to school because of Covid 19" But a packed beach is fine apparently Empty Re: "I Refuse to send my kids to school because of Covid 19" But a packed beach is fine apparently

Post by Syl Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:12 pm

Just one word....idiots. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

"I Refuse to send my kids to school because of Covid 19" But a packed beach is fine apparently Empty Re: "I Refuse to send my kids to school because of Covid 19" But a packed beach is fine apparently

Post by Maddog Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:50 pm

Syl wrote:Just one word....idiots. Rolling Eyes

Maybe they're all wearing masks and gloves?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:45 pm

They sure ain't social distancing. Goin' for two outta three?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:13 pm

Its townies innit (mainly I guess Londoners) thick as shit and twice as dense.....cull the lot of em
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:29 pm

Victor wrote:.....cull the lot of em

That's my thinking in this country.

The southerners are the ones who bought into Trump's "damn the torpedoes" approach to the pandemic.  They went without masks, and huddled together at bars, restaurants and beaches, leading now to a recurrent spike in the numbers of ill in the south.

Cull the southern herd, I says.  The sooner they toss the racists, the sooner they toss racism.  I do feel sorry for those 'right-minded' southerners, and I urge: GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!

Amexit is coming.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:41 pm

Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:45 pm

Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:58 am

I wish Ben and eddie would move further north, so i could implement my master plan (saw across the country at watford gap and let the bottom bit float away (or more likely sink, which it is doing at 3cm/decade)..........
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

nicko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Beech Nuts ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:18 pm

We had an incident near here, hundreds of young people descended onto what is usually a fairly quiet beach, there were already many families there. The next anyone knew there was a mass brawl taking place while families and local residents looked on in horror.
What is the matter with people why are they so selfish and lacking in common sense and self control or is this the default human behaviour, no wonder I'm not keen on the human animal as a species in numbers at least.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:38 pm

Stupid people do stupid things...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:45 pm

Vintage wrote:We had an incident near here, hundreds of young people descended onto what is usually a fairly quiet beach, there were already many families there. The next anyone knew there was a mass brawl taking place while families and local residents looked on in horror.

What was the cause of the brawl? I mean, what was the issue? If it's the virus and failure of those to take precautions, one of the precautions is, don't go out, fcs!

Vintage wrote:What is the matter with people why are they so selfish and lacking in common sense and self control or is this the default human behaviour, no wonder I'm not keen on the human animal as a species in numbers at least.

Oh that? That's just libertarians, getting their exercise. Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:33 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Stupid people do stupid things...

and should be removed from the gene pool
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:14 pm

But... I bet the local shops/businesses were loving the influx of people and all the money they spent while there...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:22 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:But... I bet the local shops/businesses were loving the influx of people and all the money they spent while there...

What good is all that money if the shop owners and business people die before they can spend it? We've seen this before. It was called the black plague.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:25 pm

nicko wrote:Beech Nuts ?

Lol Nicko...very subtle wit there. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:49 pm

I wondered if any one noticed !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:50 pm

nicko wrote: I wondered if any one noticed !

lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:06 am

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:But... I bet the local shops/businesses were loving the influx of people and all the money they spent while there...

What good is all that money if the shop owners and business people die before they can spend it? We've seen this before. It was called the black plague.

Don't be a tit...

Loads of people who don't have any corona virus go to the beach... And spend loads of money in the local shops where the staff also don't have any corona virus...

Hardly a reason for hysterical panicking nonsense...

And I think you mean 'the plague' which was otherwise known as 'the black death'... Which was a completely different thing...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:33 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

What good is all that money if the shop owners and business people die before they can spend it?  We've seen this before.  It was called the black plague.

Don't be a tit...

Loads of people who don't have any corona virus go to the beach... And spend loads of money in the local shops where the staff also don't have any corona virus...

Hardly a reason for hysterical panicking nonsense...

You're not thinking it through, tom.  Someone does have the virus.  When those people intermingle, the ones who have the virus give it to those who don't.  And, while they are spending loads of money in the local shops, they are also giving the virus to the staff.

Ultimately, everyone ends up with the virus, and what good was all that mercantile activity?  They are all sick or dead now.

Tommy Monk wrote:And I think you mean 'the plague' which was otherwise known as 'the black death'... Which was a completely different thing...

I looked it up at the time I wrote the response, but I didn't change my post: "The plague was the cause of the Black Death that swept through Asia, Europe, and Africa in the 14th century and killed an estimated 50 million people."  It's commonly called the black death, or technically called the bubonic plague.  There is also the septicemic plague, and pneumonic plague.  The bubonic plague is mainly spread by infected fleas from small animals, particularly rats.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubonic_plague

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:56 am

I think you are overreacting a little hysterically there...

And, yes... As I said... Known as "the plague" and also "The black death"... Not "the black plague" as you called it earlier...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:11 am

Tommy Monk wrote:I think you are overreacting a little hysterically there...

And, yes... As I said... Known as "the plague" and also "The black death"... Not "the black plague" as you called it earlier...

Tommy, don't be defensive.  If we agree, say so and move on.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:25 pm

No... clearly I don't agree...

So stop talking shit!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:17 pm

I wonder what peoples attitude to lockdown would be if this disease was the Plague or Ebola maybe? You can see the symptoms of those quite vividly of course.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:45 pm

Humans can be the stupidest animals on the planet.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:11 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:No... clearly I don't agree...

So stop talking shit!

Well, you were dodging the point, ducking into some nonsensical debate over "black death" or "black plague"…terminology. Those sorts of deviations generally mean you no longer have a point.

A virus is a non-political entity. It's just preying on a host. So, for the host, it's not disjunctive: either good health or good economy. It is conjunctive: poor health >> to poor economy. To state that in the positive: you achieve a good economy by having healthy consumers.

People spend money, not digits and equations. People are flesh and blood, so you need healthy people in order to have healthy activity. If you don't have healthy people, you don't have healthy economics. If sick, people don't go out; people don't purchase; people don't go to work. So, poor health >> poor economy.

That is how a pandemic works with an economy. So, if a virus is about, you don't add to the economy by going to the beaches and acting like you have no cares. The virus will destroy you, the consumers, and eventually destroy the market. In the meantime, mum and dad, auntie and uncle, your 2.3 children will die, and what was it all for, anyway?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:34 pm

It's not the plague or ebola...

And vast majority, if caught, is either mild to moderate or no symptoms at all...

I doubt very much that anyone on that beach even had the virus... And no more at risk from catching it than going to a supermarket...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:And vast majority, if caught, is either mild to moderate or no symptoms at all...

We've got 140,000 dead so far, and climbing.  To date, the UK death toll is a total of 43,514.

In hospitals, England recorded a further 78 deaths from Covid-19, Wales five and Northern Ireland had one new death - while there were no recorded hospital deaths in Scotland.  A hearty lot those Scots.

I'll bet a few Brits took in that beach.  Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:46 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:I wish Ben and eddie would move further north, so i could implement my master plan (saw across the country at watford gap and let the bottom bit float away (or more likely sink, which it is doing at 3cm/decade)..........

I will not and shall not move further up north! You’re all backwards up there. Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:55 pm

May I just point out that probably a lot of people crowding the beaches are the same ones sending their kids back to school?

Just like a lot of people avoiding beaches, etc. are probably not sending their kids back to school.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:59 pm

eddie wrote:
Victorismyhero wrote:I wish Ben and eddie would move further north, so i could implement my master plan (saw across the country at watford gap and let the bottom bit float away (or more likely sink, which it is doing at 3cm/decade)..........

I will not and shall not move further up north! You’re all backwards up there. Razz
At least we have a sense of humour. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:29 am

Well its ok if you are one of the vast majority that only gets it in its mild form, its not so funny if you are one of the ones dying or being very debilitated by it though. Are you your brother's or near relative or friends keeper? Or are you the selfish s**t who does as they like and damn the consequences.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:14 am

nicko wrote:Beech Nuts ?

Beech-Nut Chewing Tobacco?
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:27 am

eddie wrote:I will not and shall not move further up north! You’re all backwards up there.

My nephew-in-law, who is from Oxford, likes to point out to me that whereas the shitholes in America are in the south, the shitholes in Britain are in the north.

Remember, he says, our north is your south.

It's a left-handed slap at Scotland, I know, but I see a lot of that attitude around the Internet.  Is it true?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:01 am

Vintage wrote:Well its ok if you are one of the vast majority that only gets it in its mild form, its not so funny if you are one of the ones dying or being very debilitated by it though. Are you your brother's or near relative or friends keeper? Or are you the selfish s**t who does as they like and damn the consequences.

20,000 people in UK die from flu every year... and there are plenty of selfish bastards with flu who think they are being heroes by carrying on going to work and out and about as usual, spreading it on to numerous others every year, without a care about any of the people who actually die from it every year... But we don't do a 3 month lockdown from November to February every year... And nobody is vilified for going out and about and spreading it around every year...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:14 am

When I was in school more than 40,000 deaths - and more to come was a lot more than 20,000. The lockdown has kept the death rate down.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:I will not and shall not move further up north! You’re all backwards up there.

My nephew-in-law, who is from Oxford, likes to point out to me that whereas the shitholes in America are in the south, the shitholes in Britain are in the north.

It's a left-handed slap at Scotland, I know, but I see a lot of that attitude around the Internet.  Is it true?

The North of England has the most beautiful countryside, the Lake district, Lancashire and Yorkshire are so green (lots of rain) The scenery in North Wales is on a par with anything I have ever seen abroad, which is why people flock there for holidays every year.
I have never been as far north as Scotland, I had family in Durham (NE) and that's as far north as I have been, but I know Scotland has a different kind of beauty of it's own.

Your nephew in law sounds a bit of a prat tbh. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:13 pm

eddie wrote:

Yebbut........at least we only have 5 digits per limb........ Razz Razz
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:28 pm

Vintage wrote:When I was in school more than 40,000 deaths - and more to come was a lot more than 20,000. The lockdown has kept the death rate down.

Well, I think most people in UK have already had it now... It's been going around here since at least November 2019... And we can't all be expected to carry on hiding indoors for the rest of our lives cos some people have died from it...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:52 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The North of England has the most beautiful countryside, the Lake district, Lancashire and Yorkshire are so green (lots of rain) The scenery in North Wales is on a par with anything I have ever seen abroad, which is why people flock there for holidays every year.
I have never been as far north as Scotland, I had family in Durham (NE) and that's as far north as I have been, but I know Scotland has a different kind of beauty of it's own.

His nephew sounds like him.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:06 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

You two. Rolling Eyes Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:18 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I don't think nephew-in-law was referring to the scenery.  And I lov all of Britain, Scotland especially.  Very beautiful.  He was referring to the zeitgeist, and in particular, a slap at the poverty and needfulness--if it is--of Scotland and the north.

Syl wrote:Your nephew in law sounds a bit of a prat tbh. Wink

He is, but he deserves and gets credit.  Oxford University grad, MBA from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.  CEO of a medical organization.  His prat-ness is that he is a capitalist, RW'er, who looks down at people (well, all RW'ers are status conscious--special interests is the glue that holds them together).

But he also has good qualities.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:12 pm

Usually when people call somewhere a 'shithole' they are referring to the look of the place, drab and dirty, at least that's the northern definition.

Yes I'm sure your nephew in law does have some good points, maybe he just needs to travel round the north more to educate himself.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:36 pm

Syl wrote:Usually when people call somewhere a 'shithole'  they are referring to the look of the place, drab and dirty, at least that's the northern definition.

Actually, they are usually referring to the people.  Trump uses the term to refer to African nations...the ones where black people come from.  Now, Africa is quite beautiful, too.  It's the people that he is referring to.  After all, he was discussing immigration, and Baobab trees don't seek green cards.

Syl wrote:Yes I'm sure your  nephew in law does have some good points,  maybe he just needs to travel round the north more to educate himself.

Maybe so.  Don't look to me to defend him.  He's a staunch capitalist.

His mother, RIP, was a very cool lady.  Professor of history.  She would call me in the middle of the night (from over there), to discuss the history of Sheen Palace, now Richmond, upstream London.  She knew lots about the history of the Royal palaces of England.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:35 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You two. Rolling Eyes Razz

Well, I'm right.

Assuming this nephew even exists.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down