NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I guess the author had a great sense of humour

Go down

I guess the author had a great sense of humour Empty I guess the author had a great sense of humour

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:51 pm

This mom hysterically laughs at a children's story about a beaver, interpreting every line as an innuendo.

The book, "Brenda's Beaver Needs A Barber", is about a littler girl and her pet beaver. But the mom can't help but think the author knew what she was doing while writing this book.

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/9152/Mom-Can-039-t-Stop-Laughing-While-Reading-A-Children-039-s-Book-About-A-Hairy-Beaver

I love the picture of all the males running away.

Razz

Back to top Go down

I guess the author had a great sense of humour Empty Re: I guess the author had a great sense of humour

Post by Original Quill on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:40 pm

It is hilarious. Is that a Canadian accent? You have to listen to it two or three times to understand some of words.

But the theme is brilliant, and the play on words is priceless.

"What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine." ― Old Republican proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars (1993).

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

I guess the author had a great sense of humour Empty Re: I guess the author had a great sense of humour

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:It is hilarious.  Is that a Canadian accent?  You have to listen to it two or three times to understand some of words.

But the theme is brilliant, and the play on words is priceless.

lol I know Quill. It reminds me of kids programs in the 70's in the Uk, which were based on this kind of subtle wit

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico on Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:03 pm

Thorin wrote:This mom hysterically laughs at a children's story about a beaver, interpreting every line as an innuendo.

The book, "Brenda's Beaver Needs A Barber", is about a littler girl and her pet beaver. But the mom can't help but think the author knew what she was doing while writing this book.

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/9152/Mom-Can-039-t-Stop-Laughing-While-Reading-A-Children-039-s-Book-About-A-Hairy-Beaver

Razz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Was laughing just as much at hearing her laugh as I was over the story itself

I guess the author had a great sense of humour 3489511464

gelico

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:11 pm

gelico wrote:
Thorin wrote:This mom hysterically laughs at a children's story about a beaver, interpreting every line as an innuendo.

Razz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Was laughing just as much at hearing her laugh as I was over the story itself

I guess the author had a great sense of humour 3489511464

lol!

Seriously Gelico

The person who wrote this is a genius  cheers

This is my fav scene in the book

The men running away   Razz

I guess the author had a great sense of humour D0x7NnXXQAAKzLW

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:53 am

This is legendary in librarian circles.

Y’all need to google Samuel L. Jackson reading Go The F*** To Sleep.

Laugh? You’ll wet your pants.

the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:13 am

Cass wrote:This is legendary in librarian circles.

+1

lol, brilliant me Lady and thanks   lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie on Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:42 am

Oh I do this all the time in my head when I read to my daughter! Her favourite books are about a cat called Mog.

Oh that is one naughty little pussy.

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:08 pm

eddie wrote:Oh I do this all the time in my head when I read to my daughter! Her favourite books are about a cat called Mog.

Oh that is one naughty little pussy.

Lol.

Mog is indeed a very naughty pussy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:10 pm

Thorin wrote:
Cass wrote:This is legendary in librarian circles.

+1

lol, brilliant me Lady and thanks   lol!

Glad to be of service. See if you can find the video of him reading. It takes it to a new level!

I guess the author had a great sense of humour Ab58fa10

Last edited by Cass on Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum