NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please change your password as soon as possible

+7
Original Quill
JulesV
Andy
Victorismyhero
Cass
Lurker
Ben Reilly
11 posters

Go down

Please change your password as soon as possible Empty Please change your password as soon as possible

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:36 pm

A member has noticed some unusual things here in the past two days. I've just changed my password. I strongly encourage every member here to do the same, particularly the moderators, as their accounts could be used to alter the site.

Thanks!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Please change your password as soon as possible Empty Re: Please change your password as soon as possible

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:45 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:A member has noticed some unusual things here in the past two days. I've just changed my password. I strongly encourage every member here to do the same, particularly the moderators, as their accounts could be used to alter the site.

Thanks!

I have now changed mine

Back to top Go down

Please change your password as soon as possible Empty Re: Please change your password as soon as possible

Post by Lurker Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:50 pm

Thanks! DONE!
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:02 pm

Any idea how to do it?

Sorry I’m tired and been working and my mind is mush now. TIA x
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:04 pm

done
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:05 pm

Have The Devil You Know and Hugh Jardon been online here again?
They have form.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:07 pm

Cass wrote:Any idea how to do it?

Click "Profile" and it should be easy from there.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:08 pm

Also, please let us know if you have any trouble accessing certain sections, posting in them, etc. As you normally would.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:09 pm

Cass wrote:Any idea how to do it?

Go to profile and information

You have an option to modify your password me lady, near the tope

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:09 pm

Done.

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:25 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:A member has noticed some unusual things here in the past two days. I've just changed my password. I strongly encourage every member here to do the same, particularly the moderators, as their accounts could be used to alter the site.

Thanks!

Dafuq? scratch

Please change your password as soon as possible Giphy

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:32 pm

OK, done!
Phew!
Thanks Ben.
See ya's tomorrow x

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:33 pm

Agreed...I haven't noticed anything.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:38 pm

Might be nothing, Quill. One member has had difficulty with his password and when I reset it, he suddenly had access to the section where we moderators conspire and plot against the rest of you Laughing Laughing Laughing

Could very well be that when I reset his password, I accidentally ticked something in his permissions as well. At any rate, it seems to be sorted out.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:39 pm

Cheers all. Couldn’t see it right in front of my eyes. Duh. I think a migraine is brewing. Craptastic.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:41 pm

Cass wrote:Cheers all. Couldn’t see it right in front of my eyes. Duh. I think a migraine is brewing. Craptastic.

Okay I think you need some soothing music me lady Laughing
Enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:48 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Might be nothing, Quill. One member has had difficulty with his password and when I reset it, he suddenly had access to the section where we moderators conspire and plot against the rest of you Laughing Laughing Laughing

Could very well be that when I reset his password, I accidentally ticked something in his permissions as well. At any rate, it seems to be sorted out.

That happened once on Ministry.  Colonel had opened a thread where everyone could be the person (i think it was Aunt Edna), and he had not closed his control board when he opened her.  Consequently, everyone who came on that thread suddenly had the master board.

Wolf will remember.  He was a mod there.  At first Colonel was pissed--thought the mod section had been hacked--but then he realized it was his fault.  It wasn't nefarious, just gave controls to Aunt Edna who was not supposed to have them.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:00 am

Smile

I haven't seen any problems with this site...

Have seen a few occassional and intermittent hiccups with the Internet in general this past week, though..

Most likely causes there would be :

* more people working, and studying, from home during "lockdowns";

* more people trying to access welfare services and other gov't departments -- both the newly unemployed, and businesses.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:58 am

Thorin wrote:
Cass wrote:Cheers all. Couldn’t see it right in front of my eyes. Duh. I think a migraine is brewing. Craptastic.

Okay I think you need some soothing music me lady  Laughing
Enjoy

I popped some pills and had a nap and then listened to this. I love this. It’s beyond epic. Thanks for the reminder x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:59 am

'Wolfie wrote:Smile

I haven't seen any problems with this site...

Have seen a few occassional and intermittent hiccups with the Internet in general this past week, though..

Most likely causes there would be :

*  more people working, and studying, from home during "lockdowns";

*  more people trying to access welfare services and other gov't departments --  both the newly unemployed, and businesses.

Same here

It’s killing me that I can’t offer up computers in my library for this very reason. It just sucks.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:01 am

Cass wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Okay I think you need some soothing music me lady  Laughing
Enjoy

I popped some pills and had a nap and then listened to this. I love this. It’s beyond epic. Thanks for the reminder x

You are welcome me lady

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:12 am

Done.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:41 pm

Hi all, I got word that people were being advised to change pw's....so after an hour of trying to find my own pw, I eventually did and have. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:09 pm

Syl wrote:Hi all, I got word that people were being advised to change pw's....so after an hour of trying to find my own pw, I eventually did and have. Laughing

Good to see you here Syl, it's been a looooooong while x
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:28 pm

Syl told me about the passwords, so I've popped across to change mine. Hope everyone is staying safe at this very scary time
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:59 pm

Best wishes to Rags, Syl and Horatio

Hope you are all well and keeping safe in this dire situation that faces us all

Hope you are all stay safe and sound

Take care and all the best

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:11 pm

Thanks Eilzel and Thor. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:40 am

Hi Ladies!

Hope you are both well and staying safe xx
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:47 pm

Cass wrote:Hi Ladies!

Hope you are both well and staying safe xx

Hiya Lovely Cass, same to you and yours. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down