NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenny Rogers gone

Go down

Kenny Rogers gone Empty Kenny Rogers gone

Post by Original Quill on Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:09 pm

He was 81.  "You got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em...

He folded just when Covid-19 hit (no connection...he died of natural causes)...RIP, I remember you when you played bass with the New Christy Minstrals, appearing at the Troubadour on Santa Monica, in LA.

"What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine." ― Old Republican proverb.

"I don't stand by anything."  ― Donald Trump, interview with John Dickerson, 5.1.17...

“That's libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, Green Mars (1993).

Original Quill

Back to top Go down

Kenny Rogers gone Empty Re: Kenny Rogers gone

Post by Tommy Monk on Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:53 pm

https://youtu.be/Bj37IhZDokY

'The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.'  — George Orwell
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog on Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:57 pm

Another talented Texan gone.

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:20 am

So sad.

Mr.C used to sing Lady to me in our courting days. Then he sang it to me at our wedding reception while a bunch of his army mates swayed in the background holding candles off the tables. The big fat derp I love you

the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV on Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:29 am

Original Quill wrote:He was 81.  "You got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em...

He folded just when Covid-19 hit (no connection...he died of natural causes)...RIP, I remember you when you played bass with the New Christy Minstrals, appearing at the Troubadour on Santa Monica, in LA.

That part of the song always gave me an earworm for the rest of the day.
Ideally tho, "you got to know that you should never be a gambler in the first place" would be wiser lyrics!! Money down the drain innit?
But hey, maybe he is really referring to gambling on general decisions in life, not just financially.  Kenny Rogers gone 2190311264

RIP Kenny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum