NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese Vlogger Detailing Life and Death Amid Coronavirus Disappears, Allegedly 'Forcibly Quarantined'

2 posters

Go down

Chinese Vlogger Detailing Life and Death Amid Coronavirus Disappears, Allegedly 'Forcibly Quarantined' Empty Chinese Vlogger Detailing Life and Death Amid Coronavirus Disappears, Allegedly 'Forcibly Quarantined'

Post by eddie Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:22 pm

His video is on the link and well worth a watch!

After nearly a week of roaming China’s epidemic-struck city, filming the dead and the sickened in overwhelmed hospitals, the strain of being hounded by both the new virus and the country’s dissent-quelling police started to tell.

Chen Qiushi looked haggard and disheveled in his online posts, an almost unrecognizable shadow of the energetic young man who had rolled into Wuhan on a self-assigned mission to tell its inhabitants’ stories, just as authorities locked the city down almost three weeks ago.

Until he disappeared last week, the 34-year-old lawyer-turned-video blogger was one of the most visible pioneers in a small but dogged movement that is defying the ruling Communist Party’s tightly policed monopoly on information.

Armed with smart phones and social media accounts, these citizen-journalists are telling their stories and those of others from Wuhan and other locked-down virus zones in Hubei province. The scale of this non-sanctioned storytelling is unprecedented in any previous major outbreak or disaster in China. It presents a challenge to the Communist Party, which wants to control the narrative of China, as it always has since taking power in 1949.

Chen’s posts and vlogs, or video blogs, garnered millions of views — and police attention. In an anguished video post near the end of his first week in Wuhan, he said police had called him, wanting to know where he was, and questioned his parents.

“I am scared,” he said. “I have the virus in front of me, and on my back, I have the legal and administrative power of China.” His voice trembling with emotion and tears welling in his eyes, he vowed to continue “as long as I am alive in this city.”

“Even death doesn’t scare me!” he said. “So you think I’m scared of the Communist Party?”

Last week, Chen’s posts dried up. His mother broke the silence with a video post in the small hours of Friday. She said Chen was unreachable and appealed for help in finding him.

Later that evening, his friend and well-known mixed martial artist Xu Xiaodong said in a live broadcast on YouTube that Chen had been forcibly quarantined for 14 days, considered the maximum incubation period for the virus. He said Chen had been healthy and showed no signs of infection.

https://time.com/5781959/chinese-coronavirus-vlogger-quarantine/

Very intriguing.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Chinese Vlogger Detailing Life and Death Amid Coronavirus Disappears, Allegedly 'Forcibly Quarantined' Empty Re: Chinese Vlogger Detailing Life and Death Amid Coronavirus Disappears, Allegedly 'Forcibly Quarantined'

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:32 pm

I think he will fall victim to something more deadly than the coronavirus, the commievirus.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Chinese Vlogger Detailing Life and Death Amid Coronavirus Disappears, Allegedly 'Forcibly Quarantined' Empty Re: Chinese Vlogger Detailing Life and Death Amid Coronavirus Disappears, Allegedly 'Forcibly Quarantined'

Post by eddie Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:43 pm

Maddog wrote:I think he will fall victim to something more deadly than the coronavirus, the commievirus.

I think you’re right. Probably never hear from him again...
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down